**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ is untradeable.

His last 3 years mean nothing when it seems to be every team he goes to sees no improvement or gets worse....

It's not all his fault, but trading for him killed our depth. We traded depth for a name.

A name with empty stats.
The low IQ is his biggest Achilles heel. Makes me seem like Albert Einstein

we loose tonight, vogel on the clock.

For as good as melo has been with the 3-ball

He’s been a cone on defense, basically 4 on 5 when he’s on the defensive end. He doesn’t even try to defend he just fouls and tries to get away with it.

we got coach, personnel & chemistry issues.

effort ain’t there, just no heart no continuity.

it’s still early and I’m remaining optimistic….but you can’t rely on year 19 LeBron to fix this cluster ****.

looking like a 1st, 2round team as constructed.

Vogel needs to be “Mike Brown’d” ASAP. He’s supposed to be a defensive coach yet the LAL are 28th in defensive rating.

Also what’s up with him inserting Bradley and Jordan, 2 players who were basically cut from their previous teams, in the starting lineup??? Total ineptness.

Also a large portion of the blame falls on Pelinka and Jeanie. The Buss family should really sell the majority stake to the Dodgers group. This franchise needs an owner with deep pockets!

People been clamoring for Buddy because of his shooting of course, but Barnes fills their biggest need, moreso than Buddy.

Buddy is a high variance 3pt shooter that would still fit right into the lineup, but he doesn't give you that much outside of it.

If you're talking KCP/Caruso/Hield/Bron/AD that works very well with above average to elite defenders around. Right now tho? Barnes fits a need of a big wing, is still shooting 40% from 3 (on only 5 a game but still great) and in a pinch can get to his spots on the floor and is an 85%+ ft shooter.

Both will probably be available next month and moving forward as the Kings are doing what the Kings do. Problem is CAPITAL.

You cannot penny pinch when chasing a championship. :smh: Resigning Caruso was as much about his contract as is his play on court. Lakers have no way to get certain salary of available players.

Harrison Barnes or Jerami Grant would be incredible, but a slightly used Terence Ross and Mo Bamba if things don't break right is still a great haul.

Harrison Barnes is an ok player.

Let’s stop pretending like he’s a good fit for this lakers team as the 4th scoring option.

We’ve already seen him in a tertiary role and I don’t think anyone wants that.

Could be 11-8. Or could easily be 7-12.

If they didn't trick off the 2 OKC games it would look a lot diff.

If Bron didn't miss last night's game, that looks diff too.

I'm not overly worried, but I know a lot of folks are full on panicked by how a team is playin before Thanksgiving. Real dire situation we're in.....

if lebron played, the record would look nice.

… I have to repent. I was wrong about Caruso. I just wanted to justify it to myself because I hated losing him for nothing lmao. That’s not the point tho, no matter how anyone felt about Caruso as a basketball player, the Lakers needed his salary for trade purposes. They can’t replace that salary slot thru free agency. Now the only tradeable contracts are THT & Nunn.

Lakers were pinching pennies when they didn’t bring CARUSO back. A terrible look for one of the most iconic sports brands in the world. If the Buss family can’t finance the team properly, then they should sell.

Caruso AND Dennis 😂

Can’t let any asset walk without getting anything in return when the cupboard is pretty much bare.

… I have to repent. I was wrong about Caruso. I just wanted to justify it to myself because I hated losing him for nothing lmao. That’s not the point tho, no matter how anyone felt about Caruso as a basketball player, the Lakers needed his salary for trade purposes. They can’t replace that salary slot thru free agency. Now the only tradeable contracts are THT & Nunn.

Lakers were pinching pennies when they didn’t bring CARUSO back. A terrible look for one of the most iconic sports brands in the world. If the Buss family can’t finance the team properly, then they should sell.
And we have to cycle through minimums and the taxpayer MLE again next off-season. Nunn will probably opt-out for a payday if he isn't traded mid-season.

Just all around comedy.

hard to have an identity almost the entire roster is new

phx and gsw has much much more continuity and you can tell lol even tho gsw has new parts
they bought into kerr and what they want to do but also i think all the roles are much mcuh more refined and niche over there

the fact that they have Lebron and AD should be enough to compete for a ring in May/June but all the moves between the margins have been so poor. From ownership, front office and the coaching staff.

Like why tf did we hire Fizdale? He sucks. Hire a real offensive coordinator.

Identity is old, slow and hella turnovers.
Word is out league wide we a step slow on defense.

teams have consistently came out with no fear of our roster and lit us up.

Before the season, frank was talking about building a reputation for this team that puts a fear into opponents that games are already over before they even begin…..

:rofl:
6f1bb5e1b8c872e091bf1dfdf1d757ee
200w.gif

Last edited:

Say three Hail Marys and you’re good. We forgive you

Harrison Barnes is an ok player.

Let’s stop pretending like he’s a good fit for this lakers team as the 4th scoring option.

We’ve already seen him in a tertiary role and I don’t think anyone wants that.
Lol Harrison is exactly who we need. A great defending 3-4-5. Literally what we are missing

For the record I’m definitely not worried

Russ will increase his basketball IQ around feb

lebron will find fountain of youth

monk/ Ellington/ melo are gonna learn to play defense and get bigger stronger faster after their thanksgiving feast.

no worries here.

That's the one that hurts man, we could (and should) still have Caruso and things would be a LOT different. :frown:

Yeah...This Caruso thing looks real bad man.

It's clear he wanted to come back. All he wanted was a certain number....smh

DLF DLF you know you tripping right....

Back
Top Bottom