**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Simmons (6'10" 2020 Alex Caruso)

1639467301107.gif

Gotta love NBA trade rumors....
Nba: where the trade rumors are actually better than the games. Seriously outside of the lakers who the **** watches random nba games? nerds from the nba thread maybe?
“Hey bro you catch that heat cavs game. Man great way to spend 3 hours!” Said nobody

trade Rumors? Can read about them all day

As much as I’ve grilled Westbrook.

Making him the flat out scapegoat is super annoying. Rob lebron and management/ownership are to blame too. Plus Vogel. Easier for those guys to deflect though to save their jobs

Season has been such a dud that media outlets are treating December 15th like July 1st lol.

Russ is just that goofy likeable dude that's kinda good but kinda sucks but you pick him up everytime you see him but also sometimes you don't tell him that you're going to the gym but you still can't get too mad at him because he's such a good friend. He kinda reminds me of Artest. Think he'll have the same type of impact during the championship run.

Russ is just that goofy likeable dude that's kinda good but kinda sucks but you pick him up everytime you see him but also sometimes you don't tell him that you're going to the gym but you still can't get too mad at him because he's such a good friend. He kinda reminds me of Artest. Think he'll have the same type of impact during the championship run first or second round exit.

Fixed.

As much as I’ve grilled Westbrook.

Making him the flat out scapegoat is super annoying. Rob lebron and management/ownership are to blame too. Plus Vogel. Easier for those guys to deflect though to save their jobs
Not sure what makes it annoying now after you’ve kinda been making it mostly about Russ for the past what, 7-8 weeks but okay….LOL cmon man.

My biggest issue with Russ isn’t really his play, but the fact that it’s not a great formula for success to have your 3rd best player also be the highest paid player on the team. Gotta get better value with how you use your cap space. But, no need to cry over spilled milk I think the team is a decent wing away from being kinda interesting so we’ll see what happens as the season continues

Not sure what makes it annoying now after you’ve kinda been making it mostly about Russ for the past what, 7-8 weeks but okay….LOL cmon man.

My biggest issue with Russ isn’t really his play, but the fact that it’s not a great formula for success to have your 3rd best player also be the highest paid player on the team. Gotta get better value with how you use your cap space. But, no need to cry over spilled milk I think the team is a decent wing away from being kinda interesting so we’ll see what happens as the season continues
I’m imperfect like Russ

the Deluisonallakersfan experience

Lol at Russ being likeable

taunting opponents with his stupid Rock the baby gesture while getting torched on the other end. Clapping and being loud at the other teams bench while simultaneously bringing the ball up and hitting the side of the backboard on a stupid 20 sec left in the clock 3. All while saying he doesn’t need to win a title bc he does a lot of community service.

the guy was traded 3 times in 2 years. And all teams celebrate when he leaves lol

So many things have to happen first before the teams even discuss a Russ for Simmons deal
1) embid has to love Russ and go vouch for him hard
2) lebron has to be ok going back on word with Russ.
3) morey and pelinka have to find a third team to massage ego of morey by helping lakers provide more picks. (Not as vital as 1 and 2)

So many ifs it’s damn near impossible they even get past step 1. Embid says no and there’s not even a conversation

If we are being realistic, its gonna be very hard to make any substantial trades.

Hopefully the buyout market can bring us something.

Seems like the wizards arent doing better without Russ. I remember the first week of the season all the posts from wizards fans about how they won the trade and ****.

I think a lot of people don’t watch the games. Just throwing trades together because it’s the lakers.
Russ has been good to me. Way better than I expected. Isnt he still shooting better from three than Dame? He’s been a beast in the paint too. I believe Frank has Russ playing better on defense too (other than the occasional lapse)

Let’s add some much needed context to these Westbrook trades.

Trade1: Oklahoma City Thunder - PG gets an opportunity to come home to LA, Thunder realizing they need to rebuild send him to Houston.
Trade 2: Westbrook requests a trade from the Rockets, probably because he knew Harden wanted out as well. Also rumors were he had issues with the culture there and how things revolved around James.
Trade 3: Lebron and AD recruited Russell to LA, Wizards looking for ways to improve team around Beal.

So are teams just dying to get rid of him? Nah not really. Would they prefer some of the financial flexibility that’s created by moving on from his max (or is it supermax) contract? In most cases I think so…but again that’s not really a knock on him as a player

Incompetent coach that refuses to put players in positions to succeed, a superstar talent that has refused to embrace the role he should be playing, but yea scapegoat the #3 option that while he's had his faults (turnovers chiefly) he's been playing his role like he's supposed to.

Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom