**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Incompetent coach that refuses to put players in positions to succeed, a superstar talent that has refused to embrace the role he should be playing, but yea scapegoat the #3 option that while he's had his faults (turnovers chiefly) he's been playing his role like he's supposed to.

I know Russ is your guy....

But what exactly is his role?

While I do agree this entire thing isn't on Russ...Does Russ REALLY fit with this team?

Reactions: DLF
I know Russ is your guy....

But what exactly is his role?

While I do agree this entire thing isn't on Russ...Does Russ REALLY fit with this team?

His role was/is to be the engine to spark and increase the pace to get us easy baskets which he has. We're 2nd in pace and 4th in fast break points this season so far. To be that secondary playmaker when Bron is and isn't on the floor, which he's done pretty well (gotta cut down the turnovers for sure), and with albeit mixed results, have those bursts and carry the squad when Bron isn't available to play or on the floor.

There's a good basketball team in here. Frank hasn't been doing them any favors with these silly lineups (DJ and Bradley). And even moreso the lackadaisical nature of the guy who's supposed to be the best player and dominating every night.

the-rock-smell.gif

MVP MVP so if they make a move at coach, who could put this together?

I don't know. Not a fan of Fizdale, but they need somebody who will embrace the offensive nature and makeup of the team and lean into that at least for the time being. We've had an average to bad offense every season Bron has been here when we're not in transition. The half court sets are just so unimaginative and bland.

I don't know how but we're 10th in defensive rating now, but 23rd in offensive rating that's inexcusable.

Honestly, I was really hard on Westbrook at first but he's played better as of late. My biggest beef with the Westbrook trade was that we gave up three rotation players ( and a first round draft pick) and we replaced those rotation players with veteran minimum guys who aren't nearly as good.

That's the most damaging part about the trade. If we traded Westbrook, I would want 2-3 quality rotation players over another star.

Never remembered so many trade rumors in December.

after the Arye ordeal I’ll let the lakers worry about it and I’ll just wait for the news

Honestly, I was really hard on Westbrook at first but he's played better as of late. My biggest beef with the Westbrook trade was that we gave up three rotation players ( and a first round draft pick) and we replaced those rotation players with veteran minimum guys who aren't nearly as good.

That's the most damaging part about the trade. If we traded Westbrook, I would want 2-3 quality rotation players over another star.

QFT

I mean after 6 months you need a booster. It’s been about 6 months for these guys since their shots. That plus still living like their shots work = covid

a lot of people got the j and j too which by now prob has like 5 percent efficacy this late. Practically unvaccinated.

although risk of severe disease is still lower with 2 shots even now

he making 40% on like 3.6 catch and shoots a game
pretty good sign. i know the volume isnt that greatest on that but its becoming reliable/knockdown

wish he would dial back on the off the dribble 3's and stick to catch and shoots in rhythm esp if he's at that high of a make clip

Back
Top Bottom