**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Russ is just that goofy likeable dude that's kinda good but kinda sucks but you pick him up everytime you see him but also sometimes you don't tell him that you're going to the gym but you still can't get too mad at him because he's such a good friend. He kinda reminds me of Artest. Think he'll have the same type of impact during the championship run.

had me til 'championship run' :lol:

you-got-a-gift-you.gif

grant would be interesting. wonder that package is enough tho

i sort of like having one of THT or Nunn tho

myles turner is interesting too and i think he's gonna go for cheaper than most people think
I keep telling folks Turner or Sabonis is the one the Lakers need to try and acquire if you going to trade THT.

The player the Lakers get in return is going to be a two-way player.

I keep telling folks Turner or Sabonis is the one the Lakers need to try and acquire if you going to trade THT.

The player the Lakers get in return is going to be a two-way player.

bro the packagefor Sabonis would be way more than what we gave for Russ. We have less than 0 chance at Sabonis. If I was the Warriors, I would’ve already traded Wiseman + Moody or/and Kuminga + picks for Sabonis. And that package is way better than what any other team can offer.

lakers mayyyyyyy have enough for Turner if:
1. The Pacers really love THT
2. Turner signs to Klutch, specifically demands a trade to the Lakers and says that he will not resign with any team except for the Lakers :lol:

more than likely, the best caliber or player we can pull is Grant (or Turner) and a lot of things would have to break our way to get either one or those players. Sabonis is impossible.

bro the packagefor Sabonis would be way more than what we gave for Russ. We have less than 0 chance at Sabonis. If I was the Warriors, I would’ve already traded Wiseman + Moody or/and Kuminga + picks for Sabonis. And that package is way better than what any other team can offer.

2. Turner signs to Klutch, specifically demands a trade to the Lakers and says that he will not resign with any team except for the Lakers :lol:

more than likely, the best caliber or player we can pull is Grant (or Turner) and a lot of things would have to break our way to get either one or those players. Sabonis is impossible.

I been told them. They aren't listening. They love wiseman :smh:

I been told them. They aren't listening. They love wiseman :smh:

Bruh you and I both know they’d win the next 2 championships with this same squad + Sabonis. I would’ve done the deal as soon as that report came out LMAO.

It’s egos tho. Lacob / Warriors front office don’t want to give the perception that all their success is due to Steph. They think Wiseman can be the home grown superstar to lead em in the post Steph era. More power to them but it’s a wrap for the warriors once Steph bounces.

Bruh you and I both know they’d win the next 2 championships with this same squad + Sabonis. I would’ve done the deal as soon as that report came out LMAO.

It’s egos tho. Lacob / Warriors front office don’t want to give the perception that all their success is due to Steph. They think Wiseman can be the home grown superstar to lead em in the post Steph era. More power to them but it’s a wrap for the warriors once Steph bounces.
big facts. when curry, klay and draymond go...dark days on the horizon definitely. Lacob probs gon dump that stock lol

big facts. when curry, klay and draymond go...dark days on the horizon definitely. Lacob probs gon dump that stock lol

that would be smart but Lacob has a big *** ego and he’ll never be in the spotlight like he is now if he sells the team. He would just be another rich dude in a world where someone else is always richer.

the notoriety, fame and attention you get from owning a nba team and entertaining clients in the front row / private suite can never be duplicated.

that would be smart but Lacob has a big *** ego and he’ll never be in the spotlight like he is now if he sells the team. He would just be another rich dude in a world where someone else is always richer.

the notoriety, fame and attention you get from owning a nba team and entertaining clients in the front row / private suite can never be duplicated.
that amount of losing with no curry tho...we saw that in the 19-20 season. They aint ready for that all the time lol. Idk if they could attract free agents moving forward if they aint linking with starboy.

Mans the league gonna look so different in 5ish yrs.

I'm curious about the Lakers. if they'll move on from AD. If the team will be like how it was when Kobe retired. Bron saved the organization from some REALLY dark years.

Disagree. Sabonis ($18 mil per) and Turner ($17 mil per) make about the same annual salary except Sabonis has three more years left while Turner I believe has two more years. If IND is throwing either of them away, either can be had for THT plus two expiring contracts. Personally I like Turner better because he's an elite rim protector but Sabonis is a great fit as well.

Sabonis is NOT impossible. Wanna know what's more impossible? The thought of acquiring Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Aaron McKie, Javaris Crittenton, and a European prospect.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Disagree. Sabonis ($18 mil per) and Turner ($17 mil per) make about the same annual salary except Sabonis has three more years left while Turner I believe has two more years. If IND is throwing either of them away, either can be had for THT plus two expiring contracts. Personally I like Turner better because he's an elite rim protector but Sabonis is a great fit as well.

Sabonis is NOT impossible. Wanna know what's more impossible? The thought of acquiring Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Aaron McKie, Javaris Crittenton, and a European prospect.
But sabonis is a HORRIBLE fit. Non spacing inside big man that can’t catch lobs.

What u talkin bout. Sabonis can hit outside shots and stretch the floor and is a great passer as well
I don’t know. I heard it from a lakers analyst. You think I watch pacers game?

edit looked it up. He’s a 30 percent 3 point shooter. Lol.

Also: cam reddish?

Last edited:
With the roster turnover the Lakers had this offseason, I’m not overly concerned with the overall record at this point in the season. You can see some obvious improvements in the player rotations, 5 man lineups,Russell’s play and Lebron’s health… last game we even saw a healthy dose of what looks like a legitimate NBA offense.

Of course, not pleased with some of the losses this season….off the top of my head, how many of those games were winnable? GS, 2 OKC games, Knicks, Sac, Clippers and maybe even that last Memphis game. Those are games you have to win, and good teams do just that. But good teams also have good chemistry, which in most cases takes time to develop.

Phx I think will still be a tough game for the Lakers because of their size on the wings and how they move the ball. Nets on Xmas day should be a good one, that might just come down to individual play. I am a little worried about the guys who are out for health and safety protocols, because at some point guys have to be available to play so they can continue to get on the same page.

Back
Top Bottom