**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Looked up THT's contract, did not realize he only signed a three year contract with an opt-out after year two. Pelinka is an idiot.

I thought this whole time he had a four year contract.

Looked up THT's contract, did not realize he only signed a three year contract with an opt-out after year two. Pelinka is an idiot.

I thought this whole time he had a four year contract.
Ya I mentioned this a couple pages back

Tht has all the leverage. No team is gonna trade for him given that they will have only 1.5 years to a) evaluate him while b) hoping he doesn’t get good enough, opt out and Klutch demands the max. To avoid that scenario, no team will give up anyone decent for him. Lord knows he has the talent to get just good enough to opt out and ask for 20 mill a year…and if ur a small maker, he will be even more threatening to leave etc.

yeesh. lemaga sounding like joe rogan aepps20 aepps20
20211228_213656.jpg

Despite being an awkward fit, I'm not totally on board with trading the Golden Child away this season. I'd listen to offers though.

In the meantime, I'd waive DJ and give Stanimal his roster spot. Gauge the market on what you can get for Nunn, maybe a big to help hold down the fort with Bron/Dwight until AD returns.

Cringe Lebron back at it:

Not one word of what he said is false.

"But he said covid is just the flu!"

No he didn't.

"Well he's implying covid is just a cold!"

Again, the implication is on the reader, not the author. He didn't imply that at all.

What false sentence did he just express there?

PS. And just because I see that context and narratives matter in how things are interpreted, I'll throw this out there: I'm no covid denier. Both my son and I have had our shots, AND boosters (phizer).

-foe

Yea, I'm double vaxxed plus boosted and still got got just before Thanksgiving. :frown:

My whole company got it we were droppin like flies.

Luckily, didn't hit any of us too too seriously, but just the feeling of having it and isolating for over a week was pretty stressful.

I'm bout to start cross vaxxing. I got Moderna. Next get some Johnson and Johnson, wash it down with some Phizer, I'm basically Wolverine when this is done. :lol:

Yea, I'm double vaxxed plus boosted and still got got just before Thanksgiving. :frown:

My whole company got it we were droppin like flies.

Luckily, didn't hit any of us too too seriously, but just the feeling of having it and isolating for over a week was pretty stressful.

I'm bout to start cross vaxxing. I got Moderna. Next get some Johnson and Johnson, wash it down with some Phizer, I'm basically Wolverine when this is done. :lol:

Not one word of what he said is false.

"But he said covid is just the flu!"

No he didn't.

"Well he's implying covid is just a cold!"

Again, the implication is on the reader, not the author. He didn't imply that at all.

What false sentence did he just express there?

PS. And just because I see that context and narratives matter in how things are interpreted: I'm no covid denier. Both my son and I have had our shots, AND boosters (phizer).

-foe
Your thought process of how to evaluate comments is commendable. We should all give people the benefit of the doubt. Like when lebron tweeted about things being “real fishy” during his Covid protocol, I didn’t jump to conclusions bc he could have been talking about anything.

But this is 2 years into a pandemic. There is plenty of info out there for people to “research” on this specific topic. He sounds like Kelly Ann Conway with the “whataboutism”

I get what you’re saying but I still think my interpretation is valid.

Last edited:
Your thought process of how to evaluate comments is commendable. We should all give people the benefit of the doubt. Like when lebron tweeted about things being “real fishy” during his Covid protocol, I didn’t jump to conclusions bc he could have been talking about anything.

But this is 2 years into a pandemic. There is plenty of info out there for people to “research” on this specific topic. He sounds like Kelly Ann Conway with the “whataboutism”

I get what you’re saying but I still think my interpretation is valid.
He didn't question anything that needs research, though. He very literally said "People have forgotten about the flu and colds."

He's... right. What is there for him to research? It's an observation on society right now. Super simple. Applying some hidden meaning is overcomplicating a really simple statement.

-foe

He didn't question anything that needs research, though. He very literally said "People have forgotten about the flu and colds."

He's... right. What is there for him to research? It's an observation on society right now. Super simple. Applying some hidden meaning is overcomplicating a really simple statement.

-foe
Ok let’s say all these things are true.

HE IS still an idiot for saying “people have forgotten about the flu and cold”

If you don’t think so, then you can’t get mad if a Fox News host says “well (insert black man getting unfair treatment) is bad but what about Chicago? People forgot about Chicago and how much black on black crime there is”

Again not a “bad” statement in a vacuum (bc the host said (insert case) was bad! But he’s not wrong to want to also solve Chicago”

but we have brains and know what said person truly means. If you’re that a-cynical than kudos to you. Anyhow who cares.

The flu Covid cold it’s all the same. Fake disease made in a lab pushed by the liberals

HE IS still an idiot for saying “people have forgotten about the flu and cold”

If you don’t think so, then you can’t get mad if a Fox News host says “well (insert black man getting unfair treatment) is bad but what about Chicago? People forgot about Chicago and how much black on black crime there is”
Yes I can, because that is a completely separate thing. COMPLETELY. "No, they're basically the same, because... "

No they're not, on MANY levels. There are LEVELS of differences there. "Yeah but the assumption is..."

Flawed.
but we have brains and know what said person truly means.
Yeahno. Unless you're ok with the following:

You secretly hate Lebron and wish he would die a terrible death and that's the only reason you're interpreting these things this way. You hate him and you want everyone else to hate him. I have a brain and I know what people truly mean, so I know that this is your actual motive. I'm that smart. You can't deny it, and what you say about what you meant is less important than what I think you meant. I'm saying that I know that you hate Lebron and you think he's worse than Hitler and because I have a brain and I know what people mean, what you meant doesn't matter. What I think you mean matters.

Silly, right?
The flu Covid cold it’s all the same. Fake disease made in a lab pushed by the liberals
You said that, not him.

It will never cease to amaze me how loyal people are to their interpretations. Look, I interpret things. I don't commit to them, though. "No, this is DEFINITELY real, mot an interpretation. What I think isn't a maybe, it's a FACT, because I have a brain."

No, it's not. I realize that.

-foe

Quite the hill to die on this early in the morning. Bron has been goofing repeatedly on this subject, every time he opens his mouth or posts something on IG about it, it just gets worse. I mean just look at whom is co-signing the nonsense he's spewing.

lebron is playing naive period.

playing dumb.

kareem is 100 percent correct on calling him out on that ****

lebron knew what he was doing

thats why you see most of the positive comments are from anti vaxxers and right wing nuts on that meme he posted. the same people who agreed lebron should "shut up and dribble" when he spoke up about social justice and equality.

and you can be vaccinated and still post stupid *** misinformation

just look at most republican politicians and right wing news media

only thing is its coming from lebron.

covid is way more deadly to african americans and hispanics/latinos than caucasians.

and these republican politicians and right wing news media know this

[sarcasm]maybe lebron doesnt know this?[sarcasm]

Reactions: DLF
lebron is playing naive period.

playing dumb.

kareem is 100 percent correct on calling him out on that ****

lebron knew what he was doing

thats why you see most of the positive comments are from anti vaxxers and right wing nuts on that meme he posted. the same people who agreed lebron should "shut up and dribble"

and you can be vaccinated and still post stupid *** misinformation

just look at most republican politicians and news media

only thing is its coming from lebron.

covid is way more deadly to african americans and hispanics/latinos than caucasians.

and these republican politicians and right wing news media know this

[sarcasm]maybe lebron doesnt know this?[sarcasm]
QFT

Back
Top Bottom