**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Defensive effort is what we need. We played one of the best offensive teams yesterday and defended them well. Our offense is good enough to outplay teams but we have to play defense. Once AD is back, hopefully that gets better.

probably the best win of the season last night….

Dood this team is killing me…get blown out by 30+ to denver in a pathetic effort only to come back to have one of the best wins of the year against a good jazz team :rofl:

My blood pressure been all over the place this season :angry::lol:

Lebby didn't have the pull or cache with the organization at that point that he does now. Still a wild situation thinking back on it. He was celebrating with a Laker themed cake and then they moved on.

man vogel is not a good coach.

we have seen him year after year put the dumbest line ups out there at all the wrong times.

we have seen him stubbornly refuse to play players for GAMES for god knows why.

The lakers gave maximum effort last night on the defensive end. I wonder why it took them this long? It might be because they like vogel as a man but dont listen to him as a coach. And they know his job is on the line now.

The coaching staff has been well aware that it faced significant pressure for months. Sources say that was made clear to the staff early on this season by Kurt Rambis, the former Laker and current director of basketball affairs who has become one of the most influential members of the organization since returning to the franchise in 2017.

Kurt. Rambis.

"Most influential"

THE LAKERS. The LA, LAKERS.

Jerry Buss, Jerry West, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson.................Kurt Rambis.

No.

WHAT?!

-foe

Remember me sayin a few years back (with a diff coach) that he out here with 53 rookies and some Nick Young, and he ain't winnin much while everybody blames him.

Then I said new guy gon come in, with better players (Bron-AD) and THAT GUY, IS going to win, and y'all gon be praisin him.

Remember those convo's back in the day? This is that.

Same guy, literally, THE SAME GUY, now is bein clowned cuz he can't win with Bazemore, DeAndre Jordan, THT, A Bradley, Rondo, bad back Melo, 37 year old Bron, miss half the season AD, Turnover Westbrook, Dwight 3rd stint, a random white guy, off the street THREE DIFFERENT CATS, another dude who hasn't played one second Nunn, and decrepit Ariza.

Blame THAT guy, cuz them guys can't cut it. :lol:

Not one single game with the full roster available. Zero. Not one single game.

Now......

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You can get AD back, and Nunn.

AD/Dwight
Bron/Melo/Ariza
White guy/Stanley
Monk/Bradley/THT
Russ/Nunn

If he can get just this group, no one else, no more randoms, no more nonsense, just this group, all on the court together. (I'm not suggesting playing 11 on 5, but if the league would let me.....) but this rotation only. THEN, I bet we see some improvement. Some defense. Some scoring. Some cohesion.

With literally, the same coach. Firing him fixes nothing. Vogel didn't pull the trigger on a bunch of moves that cost him half his assets. He didn't let Caruso walk over some pocket change to the marquee franchise in the sport. Literally, in a title window, we cut a guy loose (FOR NOTHING, mind you) over a few dollars. (Millions of dollars, but you all get the jist) Vogel also didn't make Kurt Rambis some elite higher up.

Don't fire Vogel. Fire those folks makin those moves. Unless you get Spo to come in and coach (you're not) then there's no reason to part with him.

Oh hey, is coach Pop still winnin a ton of games these days with a crap roster? Oh, no, he's not. So weird. He's a great coach, won a billion games with a great roster, and now he doesn't win games. That's so incredibly weird. Rosters matter in coaching records. How strange.

Kurt. Rambis.

"Most influential"

THE LAKERS. The LA, LAKERS.

Jerry Buss, Jerry West, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson.................Kurt Rambis.

No.
This team has been Hot garbage since he came in 2017 minus one flash in a pan title run.

Passed on Tatum/fox/Mitchell, trading d lo for no reason, surrounded first year bron with lance Stephenson and mike Beasley, Drummonds ordeal, coach ordeal, this years roster, westbrick etc. lol.

C CP1708 , you just standing pat on the season then? No trade deadline? Just wait for AD?

-foe

Absolutely try to make a trade or two if you can. Improve the margins etc. Grant, Turner, I like both. Hield or Barnes maybe. Sure.

Firing the white guy in a suit doesn't change anything other than a different white guy in a suit.

I agree, vogel just been working with the scraps he’s been given this season…

Pelinka didn’t exactly do him any favors this year giving him older 30+ guys in the latter part of their career and expecting them to play balls to the wall defense…

At this point, my only hope now is that this team can learn to flip the switch…..

We have flipped it a few times this season….if we can learn how to harness and flip the switch at will, we might have some success in the playoffs with everyone healthy.

It’s going to be tough not having home court though.

This team has been Hot garbage since he came in 2017 minus one flash in a pan title run.

Passed on Tatum/fox/Mitchell, trading d lo for no reason, surrounded first year bron with lance Stephenson and mike Beasley, Drummonds ordeal, coach ordeal, this years roster, westbrick etc. lol.

Not gonna lie that 18/19 season was entertaining :lol:

-foe

you fire Vogel now who runs the show Fizdale?:nerd:

Rob should wait til the end of the season on Vogels job

Pelinka should get fired,he assembled these roster

We are not getting Hield Barnes grant turner.

think: Ross, Bledsoe, Gordon, bullock etc

Back
Top Bottom