**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Reminder that a real front office would have jumped on any young 6’5 and above player in the summer like Caleb Martin

Too bad he wasn’t 36 and a former laker

Oh well. It’s 6’2 or shorter or nothing.

Kevin Love speaking truth. And trying to get a roster spot.

“I think if AD comes back healthy and is motivated, he takes that team to a different stratosphere… I wouldn’t be surprised if they figure it out, I would say All-Star break, after the All-Star break. I do feel like they will make some noise. How far they will go? I don’t know. But I think some of the expectations and scrutiny is, I’m not gonna say ‘unwarranted,’ but in some ways, unfair.”

Funny how we cry about AD and Nunn, but with 2 superstars we still get blown out most of the game by a team without Lowry and Herro.

How come injuries affect us so much but other teams step up when they have injuries? Must be coaching

Funny how we cry about AD and Nunn, but with 2 superstars we still get blown out most of the game by a team without Lowry and Herro.

How come injuries affect us so much but other teams step up when they have injuries? Must be coaching
Lakers don’t have two superstars on the roster when AD is out. They have one, and whatever you want to call Westbrook.

Injuries force the Lakers to play role players in roles they can’t fill. Trevor, AB and Dwight aren’t NBA caliber starting players at this point in their careers. Some of the young guys like Reaves, THT and Monk are inconsistent which is too be expected with those types of players. And yes coaching is a factor as well…rotations, offensive and defensive philosophy have been in question all season (or better yet for the entire time Vogel has been here in LA)

Edit: no point evaluating this team on game to game basis

Guards are too small
Wings are slow and old

One of the worst off seasons in recent memory

Last edited:
D6E967D9-DAEC-4036-9CC0-4E35C4476251.jpeg
DB819AA2-376D-4D50-ADB9-65FC1EE98D94.jpeg

Give okc two 2nd rounders too.

Automatically get 3 wing defenders. Slotting melo and Ariza appropriately to the 12-15th man roles.

Keep Nunn.

Russ/nunn
Williams/monk
Craig
Lebron/holiday
AD

Can play lebron
Williams
Craig
Holiday
Ad

Super sized wing lineup. Switch everything