**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

EE1A5BB7-1671-44E2-B603-ED78C6BDEE1F.jpeg

#InsideJob
😂😂😂

Coaches don't matter! When your stars are injured, then...

*looks at the standings*
*looks across the hall at a team ahead of us*
*looks at medical room across the hall*
*looks at standings*

... WELL THAT'S DEFINITELY NOT THE COACH! It's REGGIE JACKSON & ZUBAC! C'mon, that's like Shaq & Kobe! That's damn near a superteam!

275258458_5065837986815567_1449519814061977375_n.jpg

Last time the Clippers pissed him off on his birthday and didn't provide him his family, friends and entourage Shaq dropped a career high 61 points & grabbed 23 board :lol: :pimp:

275258458_5065837986815567_1449519814061977375_n.jpg

Last time the Clippers pissed him off on his birthday and didn't provide him his family, friends and entourage Shaq dropped a career high 61 points & grabbed 23 board :lol: :pimp:

That Shaq was a proud laker

Who on the team even cares about the clippers lakers dynamic? Literally nobody has any loyalty to the lakers on the roster. Not even the coach lol

That Shaq was a proud laker

Who on the team even cares about the clippers lakers dynamic? Literally nobody has any loyalty to the lakers on the roster. Not even the coach lol

This thread is going to have an exodus of LBJ Stans when he either retires or leaves the Lakers when his current contract is done and goes to play 1 last year with whatever team gets Bronny :lol:

Are we comparing a 28 year old Shaq did to what a 37 year old LBJ should be able to do?
Literally nobody said anything about lebron

Also: you can’t pick and choose when to apply the 37 year old thing in your argument.

1) either he’s 37 and you can’t expect him to be elite and thus you SHOULD want him traded and or not offered an extension and thus not given tons power. Basically: don’t want a guy who is 37 eating a third of the cap for the next 3 years while just out there to collect his 25 points and make movies.

Or

2) he’s 37 and is still awesome and top 5 player and thus should be treated like a superstar who can put up 40 and 12 and lead the lakers to victory of the team ahead of them in the standings.

Literally nobody said anything about lebron

Also: you can’t pick and choose when to apply the 37 year old thing in your argument.

1) either he’s 37 and you can’t expect him to be elite and thus you SHOULD want him traded and or not offered an extension and thus not given tons power. Basically: don’t want a guy who is 37 eating a third of the cap for the next 3 years while just out there to collect his 25 points and make movies.

Or

2) he’s 37 and is still awesome and top 5 player and thus should be treated like a superstar who can put up 40 and 12 and lead the lakers to victory of the team ahead of them in the standings.
There’s literally a post right after yours that mentioned him. But let’s be serious here, do you really think Shaq made those comments because he’s talking about Austin Reaves or Stanley Johnson being upset? Of course not.

Also I don’t pick and choose about the age factor thing… as a matter of fact, I don’t think I personally have brought that up on this board. Lebron is old, and he can still be good to great offensively (for stretches) but normally he can’t defend at a high level…and sometimes he doesn’t defend at all. Is he good enough to carry these lakers and this roster to a better record? Eh… one person is only going to be able to do so much. Unless you’re trading him for a big man who can protect the paint and rebound a lot of the issues will remain.

Do I think that he should be traded because of his salary and what it does to the cap? Last I checked it’s not coming out of my bank account, so I don’t care about that. I didn’t have a problem with the Lakers giving AD a long term extension knowing that he’s always hurt either. My personal feelings about a player and what they sign for with their contracts don’t matter. If the player has the leverage to get whatever they can get more power to them. So my answer to that question is no. What think the Lakers should do is what’s best from a basketball standpoint and that is move off the 3 star pathway and try to add some depth to the roster behind their two stars. Obviously that means trading Russ and rolling with Bron and AD.

Boogie Cousins tonight: 31 points, 9 rebs, 4 asts, 3 steals, 1 blk, 10-14 FG, 3-4 from deep, 8-9 FT....all in 24 minutes

Guess who'll be playing in the playoffs
:lol:

Pelinka and Rambis scratching their heads as we speak
Ad and lebron vouched for DJ to join too lol

All a bunch of buffoons

Wonder what one-year minimum vets will choose the lakers next season after seeing this years **** show

Probably the ones that would otherwise be out of the league again

Which is why moving Russ for just serviceable players is a must.

Unless we can get Dame. But even with Dame, it's all on AD and if he can actually play 70 games in a season.

Across the hall has a culture and identity. They play hard and together and make no excuses for injury. We are the opposite

To be honest, the Lakers haven’t had much of a culture since the Kobe/Pau years. Once Dwight left in free agency, they pretty much decided to milk the cash cow known as Kobes last few seasons for all it was worth, while pretty much bringing in a bunch of different guys every year on one year deals. Yeah, they loaded up on top draft picks, but outside of Kobe, there was no constant, there was no stability, no vets to stick around to develop that culture and identity.

Carry over to the Lebron years, they pretty much gutted their young core they tanked to get for AD (won a title out of it, so something came out of it) and pretty much revamped almost the entire roster outside of Lebron and AD in a panic after losing in the first round to Phoenix in a season where their issues were much more injury related than anything. Now they’re left with a flawed roster and lame duck coach and more dysfunction this offseason.

And in terms of building a culture and identity. Jeanie and company value image and perception more than anything. Let’s just say after this season in their eyes they saw the writing on the wall and felt like there was no realistic path to winning another title with a team centered around Lebron and AD. They would still try to extend Lebron and be fine with Rob making short term roster moves to appease Lebron rather than make the unpopular decision to tear it down and try to get pieces to rebuild and be an attractive destination for future top talent largely due to their obsession with image and having to have a superstar on the roster at all costs.

pmatic pmatic are these interviews any good?
Same ****

“They don’t wanna fire Vogel bc of Nunn and ad injuries”

Mcmeniman being a lebron agent making comments like “Caruso wouldn’t have made a difference this year anyways” (yes he said this on this pod again). And saying lakers should give up every pick possible.

Back
Top Bottom