**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

😂 not that any of us were alive to see it but…

E0C54051-DF25-482D-AD99-6E768338ECF0.jpeg

Wilt’s mpg were ridiculous lmao my goodness

Here's a trade idea:

On July 1, SGA's extension kicks in and the Thunder will effectively be over the cap. But until then, they are $31M under the cap.

Would you trade Westbrook and the 2027 pick for Derrick Favors, Kenrich Williams, a giant trade exception (~$35M)? Maybe the Lakers can even talk the Thunder into giving them a second rounder because the Thunder have too many picks and too few roster spots moving forward.

Use the 2029 pick, THT, and the giant trade exception to get another player. Or is this proposal too risky?

Here's a trade idea:

On July 1, SGA's extension kicks in and the Thunder will effectively be over the cap. But until then, they are $31M under the cap.

Would you trade Westbrook and the 2027 pick for Derrick Favors, Kenrich Williams, a giant trade exception (~$35M)? Maybe the Lakers can even talk the Thunder into giving them a second rounder because the Thunder have too many picks and too few roster spots moving forward.

Use the 2029 pick, THT, and the giant trade exception to get another player. Or is this proposal too risky?
A little risky because Kenrich is a free agent after the season but it depends on who we get from your THT scenario.

Not sure I’d want Street clothes Beal. He’s good for at least 20 games on the injured list each year
Don't want him either (especially since he kinda still wants 2 get paid) but he's the only guy out of the free agents who can get his own shot let alone start on a playoff team

Here's a trade idea:

Need a name for the THT part.

Favors
Williams
????

Need a name for the THT part.

Favors
Williams
????
I honestly didn't have one in mind. Could always carry the trade exception into the season, waiting for a team to get off a contract. Also see how THT developed over the summer.

I honestly didn't have one in mind. Could always carry the trade exception into the season, waiting for a team to get off a contract. Also see how THT developed over the summer.

Maybe we start with what we WILL have.

Bron
AD
Favors
Williams
Reeves

Monk???
Melo?

Literally everyone else would be gone. So moving THT would need a body back fairly soon. (Or we stick with him and pray he develops)

We’d have a decent backcourt with Monk, Nunn and Reaves.

Man all we need is to swap Russ for two, ideally three key players who can defend and score just a little and we’d be set.

So let’s say the Lakers decide to bring Russ off the bench…I have questions.

Who starts at PG?
Because you can’t realistically ask Bron to be the primary ball handler, scorer and backup center can you?

Assuming that less Russ = more minutes for another guard, who should get those minutes?
Using the box score from the GS game for example
1563E8EE-D5AC-47F5-BC88-E13110890CA4.jpeg

Not trying a make a case for Russ to continue starting, but if you want to see something different what does THAT look like?

Probably THT to ensure he and Westbrook don't share the floor or keep it minimal as possible.

Probably THT to ensure he and Westbrook don't share the floor or keep it minimal as possible.
I’d rather have Russ.

With AD out and Bron having to take on more of a scoring load it doesn’t make much sense to me to even be having this conversation. Maybe that’s what Frank is trying to explain to the FO now

Back
Top Bottom