**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Rust really found a loophole to get fans to stop clownin:lol:

Bro they’re not calling you Westbrick for no reason. Make a shot

💯💯💯 Does he think that Lakers fans enjoy heckling their own team? Does he think they enjoy paying hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars per ticket to talk trash? They want you guys to win and they're sick of his terrible shot selection, nonexistent defense and how he refuses to move off ball.

You don't want to be called Westbrick then stop bricking so many shots

Last edited:
💯💯💯 Does he think that Lakers fans? Enjoy heckling their own team? Does he think they enjoy paying hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars per ticket to talk trash? They want you guys to win and they're sick of his terrible shot selection and how he refuses to move off ball.

Ya I felt more for him til you actually hear him talk

I get the family things but the name shame. Like “hey that’s my moms last name!”

What?

💯💯💯 Does he think that Lakers fans enjoy heckling their own team? Does he think they enjoy paying hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars per ticket to talk trash? They want you guys to win and they're sick of his terrible shot selection, nonexistent defense and how he refuses to move off ball.

Facts man. This narrative he is getting folks to buy in on is ridiculous.

You don't have to be disrespectful. If he feels he's not being treated right, he should be able to express that to the people throwing salt on his family name.

Your stance is cuz you paid $500 for a ticket to a basketball game you should be able to disrespect individuals to their face?

You don't have to be disrespectful. If he feels he's not being treated right, he should be able to express that to the people throwing salt on his family name.

Your stance is cuz you paid $500 for a ticket to a basketball game you should be able to disrespect individuals to their face?
Both of you are right

We shouldn’t be disrespectful. He has a right to be offended and mad/sad about it.

But at the same time, manipulating someone’s name to sound like his bad play isn’t that far from the norm of heckling.

Using “my family name is tainted” as a reason is ridiculous imo

Maybe I'm an a**hole but calling him "Westbrick" pretty G-rated as far as heckling goes. No one is cursing at him and no one is messing with his family. Dealing with boos and jeers is part of being a professional athlete as long as the boos and jeers are kept inbounds.

He has a right to voice his opinion but showing that the heckling bothers him will only make it worse, especially on the road.

Do you guys remember the kind of grief that LeBron got when he left for Miami or that Kobe got during the sexual assault case? They didn't let it get to them and they silenced the crowd with their play on the court.

Russell Westbrook isn't Lebron or Kobe though... What they eat don't make him ****.

I just think it's weird you think people are entitled to belittle an athlete and his family because he doesn't play good enough for you or cuz they paid for a ticket.

This is why I made the line in the sand comment. You think its "G-Rated" but to him that **** is disrespectful.

Brody is a human and we dunno what he has going on in his life... Maybe a little compassion could work.

This is why I made the line in the sand comment. You think its "G-Rated" but to him that **** is disrespectful.

Brody is a human and we dunno what he has going on in his life... Maybe a little compassion could work.
If he comes out tomorrow and says “booing me is disrespectful and I can’t bring my son to a game bc of it” we must stop booing when he doesn’t give any effort out there? Or missed layups?

What if Vogel comes out and says internet comments about his coaching hurts and is giving him anxiety. We must stop?

If he comes out tomorrow and says “booing me is disrespectful and I can’t bring my son to a game bc of it” we must stop booing when he doesn’t give any effort out there? Or missed layups?

What if Vogel comes out and says internet comments about his coaching hurts and is giving him anxiety. We must stop?

🤣🤣🤣
Westbrook is the type of guy to say "I only want praise and adulation and anything else is slanderous and disrespectful. If you don't like it, sit quietly or leave"

"Booing is disrespectful to my family" 🤣

Imma let yall cook tho... They called Kobe a rapist, so Russ just needs to shut the hell up and take it.

Just a difference in opinion. The vast majority of NBA fans, and even most players, will agree that booing and a childish name variation like "Westbrick" is totally inbounds. Obviously you and Russell Westbrook don't feel that way.

Last edited:
If Russ was on another team this story wouldn't be as big. He's had these same flaws his whole career. Now his athletcisim ain't the same so he can't cover it up like he used to but reckless turnovers and bricks have always been his game but you on the Lakers stage it gets magnified. Everybody is watching and talking about the Lakers so when a suppose superstar is playing like trash it's gonna get blown up.

Like with Dwight, he was goofy and silly in Orlando but you bring that to the Lakers it don't work. Even Shaq dealt with criticism before he got his ring.

Belittle? Lol

Stop it.

I could see if westbrick wasn't true...but it is. Man can't shoot. Instead of crying to media about being disrespected, be better.

Heckling is apart of the salary they get paid. Always has and always will be.

You talk entitlement while letting a guy who gets paid 41 million dollars to suck at basketball complain to the media about something that has happened in all sports for years.

If there are people who are being disrespectful or making death threats, that's a different story...

But westbrick...

That's 100% fair game.

Play better and they won't call you Westbrick.

Again, Westbrook clearly said this bothers him and his family, so I fully support him if he doesn't want to be called something out of his name... whether it's Westbrick or something else.

I'm just as frustrated with his play as every one else... But I would never feel ENTITLED to talk down anyone because I paid for a ticket. Y'all sounding kinda weird in here today :lol:

On top of the fact it's disrespectful, he could be going through things that we don't know about. I've been to hundreds of games at Staples and not once have I ever called someone out of their name...

Mom taught me better than that... That's just me though.

Didn’t Westbrook last week tell fans at Staples to take their asses home or something along those lines and said he doesn’t give a damn what the fans think? I remember him cussing some Mavs fan out during the playoffs as well a few years back. These fan interactions aren’t new to him.

I know he had the situation in Utah where the fan was absolutely out of line and deserved to be banned. And if anyone right now is taking foul about his family or crossing that line. That’s unacceptable and I wouldn’t blame him for pulling a Vernon Maxwell and going into the stands and punching a fan.

Being real. A lot of the same fans heckling him would be asking for a pic and autograph if they saw him in public. But that being said. If a player plays poorly, no one is above being booed, and him having a nonchalant attitude about said performance to the media likely doesn’t help things. That Westbrick stuff isn’t going to go away on the road. Maybe the home fans are a bit more sympathetic. But I don’t see that stuff going away on the road. Polarizing player on the leagues flagship but also polarizing at times franchise. Yeah that’s going to bring out the chatty hecklers.

Again, Westbrook clearly said this bothers him and his family, so I fully support him if he doesn't want to be called something out of his name... whether it's Westbrick or something else.

I'm just as frustrated with his play as every one else... But I would never feel ENTITLED to talk down anyone because I paid for a ticket. Y'all sounding kinda weird in here today :lol:

On top of the fact it's disrespectful, he could be going through things that we don't know about. I've been to hundreds of games at Staples and not once have I ever called someone out of their name...

Mom taught me better than that... That's just me though.
You being so against me on this topic is bothering me and my family has to deal with me being down. I am asking you to stop disagreeing with me on this. You’re disrespecting my mental state and as a result are contributing to me neglecting my family bc of it.

Back
Top Bottom