**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

FP60SZLX0AU_w8O
Take Russ plus his expiring contract and a future first for Brogden, Buddy and a second round pick.

Win/win deal for all parties

Are the Pacers trying to get out of their contracts?
Why would they take the ball outta Halliburtons hands

Are the Pacers trying to get out of their contracts?
Why would they take the ball outta Halliburtons hands
I imagine whichever team gets Russ will buy him out. He would want it too bc I don’t think he wants to be away from his family in the middle of nowhere. Some stupid team will give him a 2/12 type deal so he will be happy to take a 10 mill pay cut from his deal in a buyout I imagine (like Kemba). Same with charlotte

How you all feel for the playoffs? Is there somebody you want to see eat? Or DGAF because the Lakers aren't in it so you might catch a game or 2 here or there?

Me, personally, might catch a game or 2 here or there, definitely watching the Finals because that's a given. I would say I don't really care who wins because it's not the Lakers, but I would say I do lean in 2 directions, IN THIS ORDER:
1. Not. 👏 The. 👏 CELTICS.
2. Bucks. Wouldn't mind seeing another team repeat, and I like how Giannis flourishing flies under everybody's radar. Everybody is all Lebron, Steph, KD, meanwhile Giannis is having a truly historical career.

-foe

Teams I hope don’t win, in no particular order:

Clips, Warriors, Celtics, Nets, Grizzlies, Suns, Wolves, and Nuggets.

The rest I’m okay with, although I do enjoy watching Harden choke on the biggest stage

Russ was traded for essentialy six rotation players. Waiving/stretching is a no no. All under the age of 30 too. :smh: That would be next level incompetence. It ain't gon happen.

As far as the CLT rumors: Give them Rustle/Nunn and that 2027 pick with light protections and 2nd rounders for one of Hayward/Rozier and some combo of Plumlee/PJ/Oubre. You have to replace that depth. MJ and Mitch might wanna dump Rozier and Heyward. Honestly, it ain't my money, so I'd do that too. Lot of salary, and Heyward injuries aside, that's alot of talent.That'd be helping them out big time taking back over 100 mil in future money total so I'd need a sweetner in one of the aformentioned players added to that.

Then give Monk the mini MLE as a raise and another mini prove it deal with the promise of big money next year, even if it ain't with the Lakers.

On 2k22 they gave me Rozier/Heyward for Russ at the deadline this season if that's any indication of the direction they want to move in. :lol:

Take Russ plus his expiring contract and a future first for Brogden, Buddy and a second round pick.

Win/win deal for all parties

This is the one deal where I would say **** them future firsts. Brog/Buddy is a seamless fit off Bron/AD and are both still under 30 (barely). Brog is wild underrated. He's 20/10, can be high/low usage and is a former 50-40-90 guy. But, he's an even bigger injury risk than Hayward.

Highly doubt Indiana does a pure salary dump with Russ for both of them. Don't see why they'd do it. But anything can happen and Russ does have the biggest expiring deal in history. You can potentially get nearly 50m off the books and chase 2023 free agents.

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 been wanting Rondo to take a job on the end of the bench since last season. Could legit see this happening as Bron is tight with both. But, that would be really weird as their pretty much Bron's guys and everyone wants Bron to have less power within the organization. This is basically saying here you go Bron. :lol:

How would anyone outside of RBI’s closest circle know if this was true about Russ being in a “dark place”? And if it was I’m sure they wouldn’t be speaking to the media about it.

The media coverage around LBJ is toxic… just look at guys like Skip and Nick Wright who’ve careers out of covering him. Most recognizable athlete in the NBA (maybe all of American sports?) in the era of the troll, social media and clickbait headlines.

This is really just the beginning too… smh

Russ was traded for essentialy six rotation players. Waiving/stretching is a no no. All under the age of 30 too. :smh: That would be next level incompetence. It ain't gon happen.

As far as the CLT rumors: Give them Rustle/Nunn and that 2027 pick with light protections and 2nd rounders for one of Hayward/Rozier and some combo of Plumlee/PJ/Oubre. You have to replace that depth. MJ and Mitch might wanna dump Rozier and Heyward. Honestly, it ain't my money, so I'd do that too. Lot of salary, and Heyward injuries aside, that's alot of talent.That'd be helping them out big time taking back over 100 mil in future money total so I'd need a sweetner in one of the aformentioned players added to that.

Then give Monk the mini MLE as a raise and another mini prove it deal with the promise of big money next year, even if it ain't with the Lakers.

On 2k22 they gave me Rozier/Heyward for Russ at the deadline this season if that's any indication of the direction they want to move in. :lol:

This is the one deal where I would say **** them future firsts. Brog/Buddy is a seamless fit off Bron/AD and are both still under 30 (barely). Brog is wild underrated. He's 20/10, can be high/low usage and is a former 50-40-90 guy. But, he's an even bigger injury risk than Hayward.

Highly doubt Indiana does a pure salary dump with Russ for both of them. Don't see why they'd do it. But anything can happen and Russ does have the biggest expiring deal in history. You can potentially get nearly 50m off the books and chase 2023 free agents.

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 been wanting Rondo to take a job on the end of the bench since last season. Could legit see this happening as Bron is tight with both. But, that would be really weird as their pretty much Bron's guys and everyone wants Bron to have less power within the organization. This is basically saying here you go Bron. :lol:
I’d like to keep one pick just in case as a sweetener for a THT deal. Brogdon/Buddy solves the backcourt issues but team still need wings. Now to get unrealistic for a second they can have both picks if we can w convince them to throw Turner in the deal 😂

Would every other team in the league make the same moves if put in the same position? Me thinks yes

I mean Philly and Nets just bet the house on Harden, the Clips did the same w/ Kahwi and PG. So far none of those teams have anything to show for it but a bunch of coulda woulda shoulda 😂
For real. Don't even need to click the article: the answer is yes.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom