**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Talking myself more and more into the Rozier, Oubre and Plumlee combo for Westbrick. It's probably the best proposal in terms of on-court value for the Lakers. Rozier provides perimeter scoring, Oubre is a slasher/defender and Plumlee is a capable center. Best yet, I'm not sure the Lakers will have to give up the 2027 pick because they can reason with Charlotte they're taking on Rozier's long-term money.

Hayward, Oubre and Plumlee for Westbrick and Nunn is okay as long as they can bring Monk back. Definitely do not need to give up the 2027 first in this trade.

Last edited:
I've never been to Charlotte but if I ever go I'm definitely calling it The CLT and I'll chuckle the whole time like 12 year old

It's not CHA?

-foe

If you from the Carolinas, or anywhere in the south really, it's CLT. NBA is the only place using that abbreviation. They are CHA and the Panthers who are down the street are CAR (for the carolinas). The other teams which are newer are the soccer team, CLT FC and the minor league team, CLT Knights.

For locals it's always been QC/704/CLT/The 4 etc.

Talking myself more and more into the Rozier, Oubre and Plumlee combo for Westbrick. It's probably the best proposal in terms of on-court value for the Lakers. Rozier provides perimeter scoring, Oubre is a slasher/defender and Plumlee is a capable center. Best yet, I'm not sure the Lakers will have to give up the 2027 pick because they can reason with Charlotte they're taking on Rozier's long-term money.

Hayward, Oubre and Plumlee for Westbrick and Nunn is okay as long as they can bring Monk back. Definitely do not need to give up the 2027 first in this trade.

Rozier - secondary ballhandler/shot creator that can get his in iso and pnr Bron loves playing with (Mo Williams/Kyrie type)
Oubre - 32+D uber athletic wing you can play next to Bron to help defend the wings and hit open looks. (Earl/Shump/KCP)
Plumlee - Decent to above average roll big/lob catcher that can play next to AD and deal with the bruisers while AD roams around the perimeter avoiding contact and shooting 18 footers. Not much of a rim protector, but damn near the passer Marc was.(Tristain/Mozgov/Marc)

That's damn near a perfect trade, basketball wise, if all you're giving up is Russ.

Your basically rebuidling your depth and roster, in 1 move. Kinda like last offseason, but in reverse. :wow:

AND I get another year to hype up the trade package of Nunn/THT/2027 1st?!?!?!?

DO IT MITCH!!!!

y9cu5t18ars81.png

Charlotte would be taking in an extra $11 million to pull off this trade including Nunn

That trade makes 0 sense for Charlotte :lol:
Deplete depth and trade for a dude that’ll take the ball out Lamelo’s hands as much as Terry but way less efficiently
They’d free cap up for 2023 but they’re not exactly a free agent hotbed

Last edited:
Deplete depth and trade for a dude that’ll take the ball out Lamelo’s hands as much as Terry but way less efficiently
They have to pay Lamelo and Bridges. Oubre, Rozier and Hayward make a lot of money. Taking in Russ and Nunn for one year frees up a lot of money for them next offseason.

I think it might be time already for Charlotte to admit the Hayward deal was a loss. 1 year-$47M > 2 yrs-$61M.

Last edited:
Buy out Russ. Save money.

Back
Top Bottom