**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I often ponder....As good as Russ is....

6 man of the year
amazing stats
winning player and person
great decision maker and ball handler
reliable veteran you can trust....

why is it literally no contending team is competing with each other to pile up assets to send our way so they can rent this amazing player with an expiring contract for a few months to instantly boost their title chances? You would think he makes every team better and can be the difference maker on a contending team.

In fact, it's the opposite. We have to include assets like unprotected first round picks just so a team can take this amazing player from us.

could it be I've been wrong all along about how great Russ is?

Deep Thoughts.....

I often ponder....As good as Russ is....

6 man of the year
amazing stats
winning player and person
great decision maker and ball handler
reliable veteran you can trust....

why is it literally no contending team is competing with each other to pile up assets to send our way so they can rent this amazing player with an expiring contract for a few months to instantly boost their title chances? You would think he makes every team better and can be the difference maker on a contending team.

In fact, it's the opposite. We have to include assets like unprotected first round picks just so a team can take this amazing player from us.

could it be I've been wrong all along about how great Russ is?

Deep Thoughts.....
It's because they know we're desperate.

Secondly, teams aren't lining up to help the Lakers win another championship.

There's definitely teams out there Russ could help right now.

Pat Bev has played better on both ends of the floor as of late and can actually hit open threes…. What he did to Dame should have sealed his fate as a keeper.

Russ is the one that has to go,he’s just not a smart player and I can see him ******* up in a late game situation in playoffs costing the team a game or 2.

The collective groans when the ball swings to him for an open 3 and he clanks it or air balls it or those times he forces his way into the lane gets indecisive and turns it over is enough

russ been acting up lately. telling coaches to step up and fighting with big shrew on the bench.

interesting to see who gets moved him, lonnie, or patbev

he also tried to get revenge on zach collins for last time

Pat Bev has played better on both ends of the floor as of late and can actually hit open threes…. What he did to Dame should have sealed his fate as a keeper.

Russ is the one that has to go,he’s just not a smart player and I can see him ****ing up in a late game situation in playoffs costing the team a game or 2.

The collective groans when the ball swings to him for an open 3 and he clanks it or air balls it or those times he forces his way into the lane gets indecisive and turns it over is enough

True. He sucks. But no one wants him unless we give up pick(s). We already gave up a FRP to get him now we have to give up another to get rid of him SMH

Bev is “easier” to trade

the question is probably Pat Bev or Lonnie because they have the tradeable salaries.

Don’t see a huge trade for Russ. It would be hard to match salaries.

russ been acting up lately. telling coaches to step up and fighting with big shrew on the bench.

interesting to see who gets moved him, lonnie, or patbev

he also tried to get revenge on zach collins for last time

And that weird flagrant on Luka. I think there were some other bonehead fouls in crunch time

All of a sudden people hold the 2020 team in such high esteem. Definitely wasn't the case at any point during that season

Literally EVERYONE on that team not named Bron, AD or Caruso got ****ted on the ENTIRE season. Danny Green was getting literal death threats, KCP had that early stretch where the fans at staples were booing him, they did the same exact Rondo is a detriment to the team they doing with Russ now, All Season.

IDK if this squad is better because the big situation is a bit shaky, but seeing the revisionist history on the Lakers is crazy

Gary Trent Jr or Buddy Hield will be coming.

OR

If there ever were a blockbuster where the Lakers wouldn't hesitate to give up 2 FRP's....
And with Portland sliding down the standings faster than Usain, might be time for Dame to ask out and let them build around Simonds and Grant.
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-26-2023_6-32-49PM.png

Christie 6'6"
Brown 6'6"
JTA 6'6"
Walker 6'4"
Reaves 6'5"

Take your pick, we got plenty.

What this team truly needs is a defensive 6'11" Center because TB and D-Jones surely ain't gonna get it done on the Defensive end.

This team is so soft inside we making Zubac look like Prime Marc Gasol
So you trust any of those guys defensively against the likes of Jaylen Brown, Klay, Booker, etc? Sorry man if the goal is to rebuild this team on the fly to make some noise they will probably need an upgrade there.

TB is soft, but now that AD is back and the team added another big body w/ Rui (hopefully less playing time for the small guards) they should be fine there.

Back
Top Bottom