**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1674834293952.png

Sooo….is rich going to threaten the raptors to trade FVV to lakers or else he will slide into the lakers 33 million dollar cap space this summer?

If you start changing the way you play due to risk of injury, you might as well not play.

Especially in a game where at any point you can jump up for a shot or a rebound and come down on someone's foot. That can happen at any time.

Saying hey don't twist your body that way when going for a rebound makes no sense.

He could go straight up for a rebound and land on someones foot.

Someone could dive for a ball into his leg...we have seen that.

He nor any player should change the way they play due to fear of innjury because that player just won't be the same and you might as well not have that player out there.

Reactions: MVP
If you start changing the way you play due to risk of injury, you might as well not play.

Especially in a game where at any point you can jump up for a shot or a rebound and come down on someone's foot. That can happen at any time.

Saying hey don't twist your body that way when going for a rebound makes no sense.

He could go straight up for a rebound and land on someones foot.

Someone could dive for a ball into his leg...we have seen that.

He nor any player should change the way they play due to fear of innjury because that player just won't be the same and you might as well not have that player out there.
You've convinced me. Actually, now you've actually got me wondering: Why have seen him play as long as we have and never seen him dive headfirst into the 1st row to save a ball?! Come on AD! **** being careful! Give your body up MORE, guy!! THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN!!

You've convinced me. Actually, now you've actually got me wondering: Why have seen him play as long as we have and never seen him dive headfirst into the 1st row to save a ball?! Come on AD! **** being careful! Give your body up MORE, guy!! THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN!!

I really hate when you do this...real C CP1708 vibes.

You know what I'm talking about and what you just described are not the same thing.

You got it darthska darthska

More posturing. There's no way you get him for that.

GSW might end up with him for scraps tho. :smh:

I can definitely see a GTJ trade if DET doesn't come down on asking prices. Something around Lonnie/Pat and a 1st. Wish it was Rust instead, but it is what it is.

I really hate when you do this...real C CP1708 vibes.

You know what I'm talking about and what you just described are not the same thing.

You got it darthska darthska
Nope. You're doing the C CP1708 thing. I tried to mention the gray area. You laughed it off.

That's... him.

So eff it. No gray area. Just like I tell him when I see that his stubbornness will prevent civil disagreement:

You're right. 🤙

Laugh more. 🤣

I seen the math work for a Russ + picks for GTJ/FVV + Boucher trade

Everyone thinks the Lakers are going to be trash in 27 & 29. While there’s a good chance that is true, it could also not be the case. If it doesn’t turn out to be the case and the lakers are still a playoff team at the end of the decade, then the Lakers are sitting on the most overvalued trade asset in the market. Those 2 unprotected firsts are being treated like gold. Teams will be waiting to pounce on those picks because it’s a good risk/reward for them.

I guess what I’m saying is I wouldn’t hesitate to trade those picks because I believe the Lakers can field a playoff team (not that hard to do honestly) and non-lottery firsts are the single most overrated asset in the nba.

Nope. You're doing the C CP1708 thing. I tried to mention the gray area. You laughed it off.

That's... him.

So eff it. No gray area. Just like I tell him when I see that his stubbornness will prevent civil disagreement:

You're right. 🤙

Laugh more. 🤣

Interesting narrative.

you got it.

I pray the bulls get a 1st and a second for AC just to let it sting for you Jeanie lovers in here.

I seen the math work for a Russ + picks for GTJ/FVV + Boucher trade

Everyone thinks the Lakers are going to be trash in 27 & 29. While there’s a good chance that is true, it could also not be the case. If it doesn’t turn out to be the case and the lakers are still a playoff team at the end of the decade, then the Lakers are sitting on the most overvalued trade asset in the market. Those 2 unprotected firsts are being treated like gold. Teams will be waiting to pounce on those picks because it’s a good risk/reward for them.

I guess what I’m saying is I wouldn’t hesitate to trade those picks because I believe the Lakers can field a playoff team (not that hard to do honestly) and non-lottery firsts are the single most overrated asset in the nba.
I agree. The 2027 and 2029 picks can be good or bad.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
FVV reportedly turned down a 4/$118 mil extension.

GT Jr is making $17 mil a year and is seeking something around $20-25 million per.

AD/Lebron will be making close to $90 million next season.

Rui has a cap hold of $18 mil but will probably end up signing something short of that.

Reaves will be restricted this summer as well.

Don’t feel like doing the math here but these numbers ain’t really adding up to me.

Back
Top Bottom