**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Max Kyrie.
henry-vacuum.gif

Ignore, just having fun like Russ 😜

Imagine being a fan of a team that’s in 13th place and stagnant and worrying about “things going south in the future”

Lol

We in the future

Kyrie demanded a trade from every team he’s been on
That game becomes harder and harder each time and as he ages

Imagine him at 32-33 demanding a trade again…..won’t find anyone to deal with us

That being said. Who cares. Jeanie and the Rambii deserve all of it

Look, I'm not saying I completely disagree, but I can confidently say I don't completely agree.

Follow up question: so then if when things go south, just get rid of him? Is that the contingency plan?

We are screwed either way....

I doubt he gets 4 years. But say he got 3. 2 of those 3 are with Bron and AD. Last year we would be trash either way.

You don't get an opportunity at this type of talent everyday.

This is a team who is paying a guy 47 mil to do 1/4 of what Kyrie can do.

You make the move anyday and twice on sunday.

Happened during the pacers game and it had nasty results. When they were both out, we were down by 16.
Easiest solution would be to sub out Bron at the six minute mark with Brick. Then bring him back in around the two minute mark (along with Bryant/Wenyen to sub out AD).

But what do I know.

We are screwed either way....

I doubt he gets 4 years. But say he got 3. 2 of those 3 are with Bron and AD. Last year we would be trash either way.

You don't get an opportunity at this type of talent everyday.

This is a team who is paying a guy 47 mil to do 1/4 of what Kyrie can do.

You make the move anyday and twice on sunday.

The logic doesn't hold. If we're "screwed anyway", wouldn't it make sense to hold on to picks open to the future after all of the current superstars are gone?

The reason the Lakers want to hold on to the pics and the reason that other teams covet them so much is because the Lakers are likely to be among the worst teams in the league for a while after LeBron, AD and Kyrie are gone.

Kinda want the Lakers next trade partner to be Toronto.

I think if a three way trade happens with the Lakers and Nets, the Raptors would be the third team. Sending FVV and Trent Jr to the Nets is fair compensation for Kyrie.

Edit:
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_2-5-2023_8-43-09AM.png

AD/Gabriel/Boucher/Jones
Bron/JTA
Rui/Harris/Porter Jr
Brown Jr/Reaves/Christie
Kyrie/Schroder

One roster spot open.

I do think TOR gets involved. They have players Nets actually want. Unlike UTA/SAS/CLT.

I'd rather FVV + GTJ too, but this is LA. Not only big name hunting but Bron and Kyrie have that past connection.

Van Vleet and Trent are more than enough compensation for a Kyrie Irving who's expiring and forcing his way out anyway.
As a matter of fact, KD might end up staying if he has those two. He could make a legit run in the east if all healthy.

****, Nets might owe something more on this considering they get off Joe Harris too.

I think Kyrie takes the 2/78 and plays nice. Maybe I'm delusional. Hopefully not.

If we get him at 2/78 it's perfect.

I'd take a 3rd year.

4th year if it holds up the deal.

If it's a third team involved, hopefully we only have to give up one pick.

Lakers do not want to trade AR. To indicate that Austin is still perhaps nursing an injury by not having him return last night hopefully deters trade suitors away from AR.

Chess not checkers

what happenes to Austin Reeevs? that ***** die or something? what was his time table?
I think i saw Ham he’d be back by the end of the week
Lakers do not want to trade AR. To indicate that Austin is still perhaps nursing an injury by not having him return last night hopefully deters trade suitors away from AR.

Chess not checkers
So they keeping winning players out of games that you need to win

Unserious basketball team

Also, I think Max will be added in any trade
😕

In a game we "HAD" to win vs a reeling Pels team with no Zion, Ingram in early foul trouble and then Val hurt in the 3rd, we played Christie zero minutes, our 27 pick zero minutes, our 29 pick zero minutes, and Russ sat/can't play the 4th Q of games.

If you want the team rebuilt ground up, you want to keep Russ for 2 more months and keep those picks + Christie. No trades.

If you want the Lakers to go all in for a title this year (or next) then you want those pieces traded for Kyrie + whatever filler comes back. Just like what happened with AD.

In a game we "HAD" to win vs a reeling Pels team with no Zion, Ingram in early foul trouble and then Val hurt in the 3rd, we played Christie zero minutes, our 27 pick zero minutes, our 29 pick zero minutes, and Russ sat/can't play the 4th Q of games.

If you want the team rebuilt ground up, you want to keep Russ for 2 more months and keep those picks + Christie. No trades.

If you want the Lakers to go all in for a title this year (or next) then you want those pieces traded for Kyrie + whatever filler comes back. Just like what happened with AD.

😂😂😂

The Lakers are one of the bottom three teams in the conference, Kyrie Irving alone isn't going to fix that. We're not winning a title this year regardless. Kyrie will certainly make us better in the short term and he may be the difference between not making the playoffs and potentially being the 5-6 seed but this roster isn't built to an a championship.

Last night we didn't lose because we lacked a shot maker in the fourth quarter, we lost because we have no wind defenders and Kyrie won't help us with that problem.

Still think Ham shouldve put Rui or Max in there to try and guard BI. Cant believe they let those fools break their losing streak also without their best player SMH

Back
Top Bottom