**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Stein reporting Tsai didn't want to send Kyrie to the Lakers. Also reported the Lakers might have roped in the Spurs to help construct a three team trade.
Conspiracy theories that Mark Stein is on Pelinka's or Jeannie's payroll and just promoting a lie to take heat off Rob & Jeannie in 3... 2...

Conspiracy theories that at Mark Stein is on Pelinka's or Jeannie's payroll and just promoting a lie to take heat off Rob & Jeannie in 3... 2...

Nah no conspiracy. Lakers tax is real.
Still doesn’t take any heat of Rob & Jeanie.
They’re the owners and Gm. They get the credit for the AD trade and the blame for the Russ deal and Caruso/THT mistakes.

I feel for Lebron. He’s in year 20 and still putting up top 10 numbers. He’s on the verge of missing the playoffs two years in a row. Next year is probably a wash given they can’t do anything with the cap space. He’s slowly realizing his championship playing days are over.

The Lakers didn’t hold up their end of the bargain.

Not trying to defend Rob too much but You all need to understand he's in a very tough spot. The Lakers tax is a real thing. Teams don't want to be seen as helping the Lakers, LeBron, Klutch and They don't want to trade players to their preferred destination (which is oftentimes the Lakers) so the Lakers are expected to give up even more in trades than other teams.

If the Lakers don't make a trade fans complain and if the Lakers go above and beyond to make a trade fans complain and say "LMAO Rob got fleeced"

I feel for Lebron. He’s in year 20 and still putting up top 10 numbers. He’s on the verge of missing the playoffs two years in a row. Next year is probably a wash given they can’t do anything with the cap space. He’s slowly realizing his championship playing days are over.

To be fair, LeBron is the one who closed his own championship window by advocating for the Westbrook trade. Half of the issues were facing right now are of his own doing.

To be fair, LeBron is the one who closed his own championship window by advocating for the Westbrook trade. Half of the issues were facing right now are of his own doing.

:lol: @ this take. It always makes me laugh. it’s convenient to absolve Rob and Jeanie of any Blame so I get it.

Bro any Gm worth his salt would’ve known that trade was doomed from the jump. If Rob let Ad/Bron convince him to do that then he isn’t fit to be a Gm.

And if you give Lebron the blame for that trade then he’s the only reason the Lakers have AD and that’s the only title we’ll see in a LONG time.

I’m doom and gloom rn but if they make a good trade I’ll change my tone. I think the Raptors have something to offer. Hopefully they throw us a bone. Let’s see if our Gm (who got his contract extended post Westbrook trade) can do anything worth while.

Last edited:
Its been brought up multiple times how Lebron signed off on bringing Russ in.

I dont think hes gotten a pass regards to that

Signed off and advocated for once the deed was already done. He was trying to be a good team player. He wasn't integral in the deal being done; he was being supportive after it already happened.

He didn't come in and run the Lakers like he had previous teams.

Bron has played on teams where they had a strong GM or team President that we’re able to tell him no though (ie Griffin in Cleveland, Riley in Miami). That seems to be something Rob and Jeanie aren’t and are struggling at.

I don’t remember the exact quote. But around this time last year, he was trying to distance himself from his influence on the Westbrook trade. Talking along the lines of “I’m just a player”.

At the end of the day. Rob is the gm and Lebron is a player. But let’s be real here. If Rob didn’t make the Russ trade, Lebron would’ve made it known he was unhappy that the team wasn’t considering his input in any personnel moves.

It’s a players league. We all know that. Personally I see nothing wrong with giving your star player input on potential moves. But that shouldn’t be the main influencing factor. As for Lebron. If he wants to be LeGm. You can’t just have that energy when the moves you openly pushed for pan out. You gotta be just as willing to own it when said moves don’t pan out.

I think this is a better offer than anything the Lakers could’ve offered. Better be happy he didn’t go to the Clippers at least.

1675649395575.png

I don’t remember the exact quote. But around this time last year, he was trying to distance himself from his influence on the Westbrook trade. Talking along the lines of “I’m just a player”.

At the end of the day. Rob is the gm and Lebron is a player. But let’s be real here. If Rob didn’t make the Russ trade, Lebron would’ve made it known he was unhappy that the team wasn’t considering his input in any personnel moves.

It’s a players league. We all know that. Personally I see nothing wrong with giving your star player input on potential moves. But that shouldn’t be the main influencing factor. As for Lebron. If he wants to be LeGm. You can’t just have that energy when the moves you openly pushed for pan out. You gotta be just as willing to own it when said moves don’t pan out.
That’s fine and all but it’s not like that hasn’t happened before. Griffin told him no. Riley told him no and they were fine.

He wanted Russ can't feel bad for him.

I'm still cautiously optimistic.

It's clear they're ready to move on from Russ with all the Kyrie and UTA/SAS/CLT/TOR chatter. Something happens by Thursday and more than likely Rustle is gone. That's a win win for both sides.

Hopefully not a UTA salary dump while throwing in 1 pick unprotected. But if that's what it is, that's what it is.

:lol: @ this take. It always makes me laugh. it’s convenient to absolve Rob and Jeanie of any Blame so I get it.

Bro any Gm worth his salt would’ve known that trade was doomed from the jump. If Rob let Ad/Bron convince him to do that then he isn’t fit to be a Gm.

And if you give Lebron the blame for that trade then he’s the only reason the Lakers have AD and that’s the only title we’ll see in a LONG time.

I’m doom and gloom rn but if they make a good trade I’ll change my tone. I think the Raptors have something to offer. Hopefully they throw us a bone. Let’s see what our Gm who got his contract extended post Westbrook trade can do anything worth while.

I put a lot of the roster construction on LeBron. There's a reason half of our roster is Klutch clients. All I'm saying is that however much credit you give LeBron for getting us AD you also have to give him the same amount of credit for the Westbrook trade.

LeBron can't only get credit for the good news, he also needs to get blame for the bad moves and he advocated for a terrible move. IIRC Rob wanted the Buddy Hield deal and LeBron advocated for the Westbrook deal. LeBron can cry if he wants but a lot of this is his fault

Clear to me lakers had the best package long term (we have the most valuable future picks because our organization is run by morons) but the worst short term pick.

I’m kinda shocked the Nets didn’t take the Suns or Clippers offer.

Clear to me lakers had the best package long term (we have the most valuable future picks because our organization is run by morons) but the worst short term pick.

I’m kinda shocked the Nets didn’t take the Suns or Clippers offer.

False.

Dallas had best package

KD loves DFS.

Wing on a good deal.

Our team is comprised of Klutch clients because Pelinka has no other connections besides his former clients and former Lakers.

LeBron can't only get credit for the good news, he also needs to get blame for the bad moves and he advocated for a terrible move. IIRC Rob wanted the Buddy Hield deal and LeBron advocated for the Westbrook deal. LeBron can cry if he wants but a lot of this is his fault
Or hear me out…..Rob could have acted like any other GM that had in the past and told him no and gone with his initial deal/trade.

Y’all let the LeGM memes go to y’all head. Lebron is a player not a GM.

You think Lebron told Rob to SEND a first round pick to the Wizards for Russ? Even if he signed off on Russ WHY THE **** did we have to give up a first to get him? What kind of Gm do we have?

Why the **** did he let the Pelicans choose between the 24 and 25 picks? That stupid stipulation ****** the Lakers ability to trade future picks. We got owned on those trades. Obviously the AD trade paid off but our GM got took for EVERYTHING. I would’ve done that 1000 times but negotiate better! We needed some of those assets for future team building.

I’m just thankful for the 2020 chip. That joint brought me a lot of joy.

Aka

When things go well, it's "LeGM" and LeBron is a master orchestrator.

When things don't go well it's "I'm just a player, I just work here"

😂😂😂

Can't go both ways

wasnt it reported that bron/ad wanted DDR but lakers didnt want to give DDR the years on the contract (sign and trade)
so they saw russ as an opportunity and bron/ad were like fuggit? lol

Haynes said Lakers included both picks.

Suns offered CP3 and Jae with picks.

Also Joe Sai didn't want to trade Ky to the Lakers.

Hearing this I'm claiming down...but damn....

Or hear me out…..Rob could have acted like any other GM that had in the past and told him no and gone with his initial deal/trade.

I agree with you, Rob isn't a strong GM but miss me with the "We owe it to LeBron to contend" when LeBron's machinations are big reason why we can't contend. LeBron got what he wanted and now he's complaining about the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom