**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This all tells me Jeanie/Rob/Rambii didn’t REALLY want Kyrie

The package they put together wasn’t serious, it was just to show Klutch that they tried
This. I’m not giving the FO a pass, spencer and DFS isn’t that hard to beat. They didn’t wanna give up more assets unless kyrie took the extension. Simple as that.

This was a chance to make up for the past year and a half smh.

I am the last person to give Pelinka and Jeanie a pass, but the Nets weren't accepting Brick and picks. One wonders if they had solid players making decent money like say KCP, Caruso, Schroder, Buddy Hield if the Lakers could've made a deal. But alas...
“Caruso wouldn’t have made a difference for a title”

I would rather the GM and owner think about what's in the best interest of the long-term prospects of the franchise. Of course I want LeBron to be happy but if what makes LeBron happy isn't what's best for the team, then I don't really care if LeBron's happy or not.
Nah, the lakers whole deal is acquiring stars and taking care of them. I get the Russ deal changed things but this was a chance to actually make up for that.

This is kind of how I feel. If you look at the LeBron era in total, we've already basically given up a decades worth of assets

2014- Julius Randle - let him walk for nothing in order to have cap space for two stars in Summer 2019

2015 - D'Angelo Russell - traded in order to clear cap space to sign LeBron

2016 - Brandon Ingram -part of the AD trade

2017 - Lonzo Ball - part of the AD trade

2019 - part of the AD trade

2020 - part of the Dennis Shroeder trade

2021- part of the Russell Westbrook trade

2022- part of the AD trade

2023 - part of the AD trade

2024 or 2025 - part of the AD trade

And now fans want to give up even more assets to improve the team? At a certain point trading away first round picks cannot be your approach to roster building. It has to stop at some point.

Fans ask, "why is our roster so depleted and why don't we have any good young players?" It's because we've traded away a decades worth of assets and now we are reaping what we've sown.

I would rather the GM and owner think about what's in the best interest of the long-term prospects of the franchise. Of course I want LeBron to be happy but if what makes LeBron happy isn't what's best for the team, then I don't really care if LeBron's happy or not.

Painting this as the FO vs Lebron is dumb as ****.

Look at the 4 players who got traded recently.
Kyrie Irving
James Harden
D. Mitchell
D. murray

Lakers could’ve made a legit offer for any of these players if they didn’t blow the load on the Westbrook deal and chose THT over Caruso. Those are bad asset manegement moves and those are what ultimately sunk the Lakers FO. The Ad trade was a home run everytime. They won a title and if they didn’t mismanage their assets so terribley, they’d be sitting pretty.

Caruso, KCP, Kuzma + picks package could’ve got you damn near any disgruntled superstar you wanted.

I’m not even mad at missing out on Myrie because the Mavs package was objectively better. This is just the results of some of the worst GMing/FO asset management of all time by Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss. Once they had Ham talking about the repeater tax two weeks into the season, we all should’ve seen what time it was. Nepotism baby and a GM who only has a job because he was Kobe’s boy. What a joke.

The Russ trade will go down as one of the worst transactions in nba history.

Painting this as the FO vs Lebron is dumb as ****.

Look at the 4 players who got traded recently.
Kyrie Irving
James Harden
D. Mitchell
D. murray

Lakers could’ve made a legit offer for any of these players if they didn’t blow the load on the Westbrook deal and chose THT over Caruso. Those are bad asset manegement moves and those are what ultimately sunk the Lakers FO. The Ad trade was a home run everytime. They won a title and if they didn’t mismanage their assets so terribley, they’d be sitting pretty.

Caruso, KCP, Kuzma + picks package could’ve got you damn near any disgruntled superstar you wanted.

I’m not even mad at missing out on Myrie because the Mavs package was objectively better. This is just the results of some of the worst GMing/FO asset management of all time by Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss. Once they had Ham talking about the repeater tax two weeks into the season, we all should’ve seen what time it was. Nepotism baby and a GM who only has a job because he was Kobe’s boy. What a joke.

The Russ trade will go down as one of the worst transactions in nba history.

Huh? You think that a package of Caruso, KCP and Kuzma could have gotten James Harden, Donovan Mitchell or Murray? Do you see what those teams got for those players? Lakers package you're describing wasn't even close

We're on the same page about the front office not doing a good job. I said it at the time and I'll say it again: Russell Westbrook trade is one of the most damaging trades in NBA history not only because of the assets we gave up but because Westbrook's fit on the team and salary basically ended any title hopes of Lakers had in the LeBron era

Conley
Gay
Olynk

For Russ and 1st round pick.

Think about something like this. Market is high these days. Lower your expectation.

I would do it. Btw. To make games watchable. I saw second half of the MUST WIN Pelicans game last night and almost threw up.

Trade pat bev and Walker 2 seconds for shooter x (Hield Trent) or Walker and jta 2 2nds for burks

I mean LeBron being "happy" ain't something I'm worried about but if winning now = LeBron is "happy" then they should get it done. We don't have a roster built for 5-10 years from now. We got a 38 Bron (who's still top 10) and AD (great when he plays) who can drop any minute now.

So you rather Bron be unhappy which means losing than winning?

No it means i care more about the Lakers Future then Bron's legacy. I love Kyrie probably my favorite player to watch in the League.... But he clearly stated he wanted a Max contract worth 50 Million a year.

We would be trading the very little assets we have left in order to take a very wild chance at a title knowing that Kyrie doesn't fill many of the holes that this team has. Yes a Healthy trio of Bron/AD/Kyrie have a good chance to win a championship this year, but i'm not willing to risk the next 5-10 years for a hope that revolves round possibly having to win a play in game & then four playoff series on the road.

After next year we would be relying on 39yr Old Lebron, AD & Kyrie & a roster filled with minimum salaries, I love AD & truly believe when he's healthy he's a top 5 guy... but reality is he's almost guaranteed to miss a 1/5th of the season, Kyrie is in the same boat.

I don't think adding Kyrie this season gives us that much of a better chance at a title than doing a lesser deal & adding 2-3 solid role players. Now if Rob & the F.O go ahead & offer the same kind of draft capital For GTJ & FVV.... i'll be right there ready to bash them.

But as much as i like Kyrie the risk far outweighs the reward on this move

It appears that the 2 factions in the thread are not
#TeamMaxKyrie
and
#TeamDont.

It appears the 2 factions are #TeamPicsAreForOurFuture
and
#Team****ThemPics

Whole entire thread for the past few years has been *****ing & moaning about how the Lakers didn't keep young role players, future draft picks, & were bidding against themselves on trades for marginal talent.

Now the F.O tries to preserve the very few pieces they do have & the fanbase is mad that they aren't using that same thought process for the like of Buddy Hield, Myles Turner, Bojan etc etc :lol:

Also for all the Vitriol that the Russ trade has gotten i find it Odd that it's rarely brought up that Bron & AD pushed for that trade to get done. They had a whole other trade done & ready, Bron & AD decided that third star was necessary so the Lakers gave them what they wanted, but somehow that on the F.O only

Whole entire thread for the past few years has been *****ing & moaning about how the Lakers didn't keep young role players, future draft picks, & were bidding against themselves on trades for marginal talent.

Now the F.O tries to preserve the very few pieces they do have & the fanbase is mad that they aren't using that same thought process for the like of Buddy Hield, Myles Turner, Bojan etc etc :lol:
Exactly where I was going. And some of the same people who I distinctly remember chastising the FO for draining our pics are now advocating for draining our pics.

It's one thing to keep picks because the return would be garbage.

It's another thing when you can get a player of his caliber for 2 picks.

One thing is not the same as the other...that's been stated many times in this thread.

I'm all for keep picks if the player you get back really won't make an impact.

Kyrie filled a good amount of holes.

How many games have we watched Bron hold the ball and do nothing to close out games...imagine have Kyrie who can get just about any shot he wants...or hmmm him playing off Bron like we saw in Cleveland.

But yeah keep the picks...until this idiot trades them for Trent.

we really dont even know what them picks are gonna look like in 27 and 29

what a time to value them now lol

west is wide open this year

Back
Top Bottom