**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's one thing to keep picks because the return would be garbage.

It's another thing when you can get a player of his caliber for 2 picks.

Kyrie filled a good amount of holes.

How many games have we watched Bron hold the ball and do nothing to close out games...imagine have Kyrie who can get just about any shot he wants...or hmmm him playing off Bron like we saw in Cleveland.

But yeah keep the picks...until this idiot trades them for Trent.
I mean if it was just the 2 pics for Kyrie, I would have absolutely done it.

Bontemps had an idea Friday, he said:

Simmons
Kyrie

For

Russ
Pat bev
2 first rounders.

This summer nets would have TONS of cap

Moot now but the nteresting thought for fun.

For the 10000000000th time

When creating trade ideas, keep in mind the receiving team are not idiots. They have eyes.

Russ and 2 picks is FAR worse than two starters and 1 pick when Luka might not be there.

They could prob trade DFS and Dinwiddie for 1st rounders next year. Hello lakers would give them a 1st rounder for them lol

Oh and you don’t think Marks wants to stick it to Kyrie and the Lakers?

Gotta accept that you find a way to make that happen.

3rd team whatever it takes.

Y'all can give Rob a pass.

I'm not.
I figure the Nets wanted to wash their hands quick of Kyrie so there was not enough time to construct a multi-team trade.

Edit:

Now the Nets have the advantage to shop around a few days because they traded Kyrie this weekend instead of waiting.

Last edited:
If the Lakers offered both picks with protection on at least one, as they should, then the Mavs offer was better. 2 unprotected 1sts for Kyrie is too much

Reactions: DLF
I'm not sure that Lebron/AD/Kyrie would not be a top team next year. 👀 It would have to be.

I get that.

Its been brought up multiple times how Lebron signed off on bringing Russ in.

I dont think hes gotten a pass regards to that

Nobody says not to trade the picks

Trade for the right players.

For 9877997997798th time
It's rocket science ya know...

Lakers lost all their key title role players and some picks to get Brick

Brick experience was a failure

No assets left to trade except for 2 picks 20 years from now

Trade the weakest links (Brick, Bev, Walker, Jones) to get 3 key role players so they can be a playoff contender again while recovering 3 key future tradeable assets that they lost when they traded for Brick.

Back to square one but at least Lakers now have impact role players other teams would trade for (i.e. the Dinwiddie's and DFS's of the world).

To echo what you said, for 9877997997798th time, Lakers are still 2-3 PLAYERS AWAY and one of them is a 2-way Big, another is a 3&D wing, and the third is a deadly outside shooter.

Kyrie by himself or even a Kyrie/Harris package doesn't fill all of the Lakers needs.

Pelinka has something up his sleeve, maybe with the Bulls and Spurs.

A whole lot can happen in 4 days...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DLF
It's rocket science ya know...

Lakers lost all their key title role players and some picks to get Brick

Brick experience was a failure

No assets left to trade except for 2 picks 20 years from now

Trade the weakest links (Brick, Bev, Walker, Jones) to get 3 key role players so they can be a playoff contender again while recovering 3 key future tradeable assets that they lost when they traded for Brick.

Back to square one but at least Lakers now have impact role players other teams would trade for (i.e. the Dinwiddie's and DFS's of the world).

To echo what you said, for 9877997997798th time, Lakers are still 2-3 PLAYERS AWAY and one of them is a 2-way Big, another is a 3&D wing, and the third is a deadly outside shooter.
Lol at lakers having Dinwiddie and DFS level players

:lol: he don’t get it. Lakers price different

At this stage, if LeBron is unhappy I'm fine with trading him in the offseason. It could be a win-win situation. We help LeBron go to a winning situation and we get started in the next chapter of Lakers basketball.

After this season we only owe New Orleans one pick and we can start our rebuild with the assets we get from a LeBron and AD trade. There is no point in delaying the inevitable rebuild. Regardless, I'm starting to get annoyed about LeBron complaining about not The Lakers not investing more resources like he hasn't bled this franchise drive since the moment he got here

:lol: he don’t get it. Lakers price different

These cryptic *** tweets gotta stop I can’t tell wtf he’s trying to say this is all that pops into my head

maybelline-ad-460.jpg

Stein reporting Tsai didn't want to send Kyrie to the Lakers. Also reported the Lakers might have roped in the Spurs to help construct a three team trade.

Back
Top Bottom