**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

AD at the 5 isn’t working
Too much banging for him wears him out. And he can’t box out true centers

Javale and AD worked
Dwight and AD worked
For the 98988667788th time

But I understand, There are still some on NT who don't believe this and will tell you the numbers indicate AD at the 5 full time is the way to go lol

Notice how much Giannis is thriving with a 7-foot 2-way center playing alongside him in the starting lineup?

And we all know Giannis can play the 5 full time if he want. Milwaukee loaded with wings and shooters.

But there's a reason Budenholzer went out and got Lopez and is still a Buck to this day

Mo Bamba is already my favorite Laker

There is more than one formula to winning Bro 😂
Of course. 4 1/2 plus decades of watching nba basketball, heck even a casual fan would know this. It applies to all team sports as well.

Teams need to peak at the right time, stay healthy, make shots, limit mistakes, play top level defense, and win the rebound battle come playoff time.

And the Lakers, on paper, seemingly have those pieces that are needed for a balanced roster that can hopefully play and match up against any style of basketball come playoff time.

But IMO, having a center (or two) who can defend the paint, alter shots, help AD and Bron on the glass, bang with opposing centers, grab timely offensive rebounds, be solid at PNR, and be threat to score inside and out.....is THE most important need for the Lakers if they want to win a title. For multiple reasons, not just to take the load off AD cause of his fragility.

Last edited:
Also, Steph plays absolutely nothing like Kyrie.

No nitpick man. Just sayin Steph is a PG, just diff than others. I know he runs around like Ray and Reggie but that's just how outrageous he is. I hear what you sayin on your overall point.

Tony Parker, Billups, Kyrie, Steph, Holliday best examples I can think of tho.

What about Justin Holiday off the buy out market? Long, 3&Dish wing. Kinda streaky but could serve useful.

Honestly I think the starting 5 is simple:

Davis
Vando
Bron
AR
Dlo

or

Mo
Davis
Bron
AR
Dlo

Just depends on what philosophy you see with AD. But don’t overthink it. I personally think AD is a forward and will always be one. Having someone like Bamba next to AD could maximize his output.

I still think Ham was an idiot for not even trying to play AD and TB together. Ham has shown himself to be very useless at times this season. It bewilders me.

For the 98988667788th time

But I understand, There are still some on NT who don't believe this and will tell you the numbers indicate AD at the 5 full time is the way to go lol

No one is saying AD is bad at the five. The argument was that his body can't take the wear and tear

I didn't think I'd get here...but maybe it really is time to give up on AD....

I had been defending him for a while...but everything yall have been talking about recently....maybe it is time.....damn.

AD at his worst is 24/11/ on 50% from the field & a defensive anchor... Good luck trying to find another talent like that trading him away.

Fanbase spent two years complaining about Westbrook every single day, finally get him outta here & now Anthony Davis is a failure pickup & should be traded :lol:.

Bruh I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Let the record show I’m team AD forever.

Dude came to the Lakers and helped get us a ring after a terrible decade and cats are talking about let’s get rid of him :lol:

News flash: the only avenue the Lakers have towards winning a title is with a healthy Lebron & AD at 100%. There is no trading any of those dudes and still competing for a title. You trade one and it’s back to the projects.

I’m really disappointed in how fickle some of y’all are. Literally the only thing holding AD back is health. He just had a month long mvp like stretch before that freak stress fracture. You guys say “oh he can’t stay healthy”… bruh look around the league. KD, Steph, Booker, KAT, Kawhi, PG, Zion all have been injured this year. There is no superstar level player that doesn’t get injured.

The question is how to optimize the roster to get the best out of AD and decrease how much he has to do until the playoffs. Y’all boys talking about trade him have no type of loyalty. I want AD to finish his career as a Laker. Don’t care how many times he gets injured. I’m team AD forever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom