**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Vando reminds me of Jerami Grant without the offense :lol:

He's better defensively, especially since Grant has picked up more offensive responsibility since DET. If Vando had just had Jerami Grant in Denver offensive bag (corner 3s and attacking the closeout form there) he would easily be starting and finishing. His versatility and energy is going to really change things.

Now is when Darvin Ham shows he isn't a complete nincompoop. :lol: You have legit talent and depth now. YOU have to figure out how to use these guys effectively. It should be DLo/Beasley/Vando/Bron/AD. If he can just be league averagish from the corners, he should be in the lineup.

They should be able to compete in Portland without Bron too, but we'll see.

Jerami Grant is switching to Klutch for upcoming free agency too. :emoji_eyes: I wonder why he doesn't want to play with Bron though? He'd probably be even better than Kuz in this lineup. He does all the little things and plays cleanup.

I give Ham a pass for the first half of the season. Being directed/forced to play Westbrook is like coaching with 1 hand tied behind his back.

No excuses going forward though. We have the personnel now. It’s on him to find the right combinations and play the hot hands.

Like today Beasley didn’t have it but you can bet there will be games where he can’t miss.

Mentioned this before but I don’t really care about a starting lineup, who closes is far more important… so if I’m Ham I think I would approach DS17 and possibly sell him on a bench role to be more of a primary scorer w/ an opportunity to close games. Once LBJ comes back and him and Dlo are dominating possessions not sure if we’ll see this aggressive version of him that often.

BUT if Dennis/Austin/Vando/Rui/Bamba or whatever combination of role players they go with he can lead that group and have Austin in the secondary role.

Those who have followed Dlo’s career, has he pretty much gotten over those knee issues he had ?

For the most part yes. But not totally.

-No knee injuries in 2018-19. Or 2019-20.
-2020-21 Had a quad strain injury that when they did MRIs on his leg saw he had loose bodies in his knee. So they did surgery. Missed 20 games in February 2021.
-No knee injuries in 2021-22
-Missed 2 games a few months ago for a sore knee (game before the 2 out was 23/8. Game back was 28/8. ) Had played in 54 of 57 games before getting traded.

Nothing that says it’s impacting him.

Y’all were OD’ing with the AD hate today. I get that people are angry posting during the game but sheesh. There was like 5 of y’all straight HATE posting. I’ll remember this when yall hop back on his **** post all-star break.

At the trade deadline next year when Portland is desperate to get someone to pair with Lillard, we better take Sharpe and 4 first rounders off their hands. (24-26-28-30)

Cp you my dog but this was EGREGIOUS.

Y’all were OD’ing with the AD hate today. I get that people are angry posting during the game but sheesh. There was like 5 of y’all straight HATE posting.
First off, criticism is not hate.

2nd, operating within reality is not hate. If you have 2 cookies and you go around telling people you have a bunch of cookies, it's not hate for me to go 'A bunch? You have 2.' And if you were to respond with 'Why you hatin, man?', that would be similar to people pointing out how often he's injured and how often he looks disconnected and someone calling that hate.
I’ll remember this when yall hop back on his **** post all-star break.
No engagement is fair if it's only one-sided, so what if the opposite of that happens? What if this season plays out and there's little to no improvement on his end? Are you going to remember that, too? Do we get to go 'Told you so?' instead of you just WAITING to go 'Nah, keep that same energy!'? 👀

Back
Top Bottom