**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

14E2C172-C40B-461F-B3F6-147FA72033BE.jpeg

LeButtCrack

Have some loyalty and ride for your players when they’re clearly playing through injury. It would be different if we hadn’t seen AD dominate for the Lakers.

There’s a big difference between criticism and treating dude likes he’s Westbrook. All I’m saying.
I can relate to playing through injuries, multiple, including tearing both ACLs. There are people that have seen me gut it out through injuries, so I can definitely appreciate when I see AD do that.

No one has ever seen me look disinterested in my responsibilities.

Those 2 things are being conflated.

And the only person walking this planet that I'm loyal to is my son. Anyone else, my support goes as far as the effort I see. I don't have the desire or energy to support half measures, and that has nothing to do with injuries.

Y’all were OD’ing with the AD hate today. I get that people are angry posting during the game but sheesh. There was like 5 of y’all straight HATE posting. I’ll remember this when yall hop back on his **** post all-star break.

Cp you my dog but this was EGREGIOUS.

No, AD's play was egregious. MUST WIN games, 3 new guys, Bron out, and he out here in pink shoes vs a guy 6 inches shorter than him, takin fadeaways. :smh:

Thank God Steph was out.

He was 5-19. He had SEVEN points at halftime. He was the sixth leading scorer FOR THE LAKERS after 3 quarters.

And you call ME egregious? :lol: :lol:

Have some loyalty and ride for your players when they’re clearly playing through injury. It would be different if we hadn’t seen AD dominate for the Lakers.

There’s a big difference between criticism and treating dude likes he’s Westbrook. All I’m saying.

I clearly know he ain't Russ. No argument there.

He's not playin thru injury. He's playing as AD. At some point you gotta sit back and realize who/what you're dealing with. You still act/think like we're a Championship team. Our best player is 38 with the highest mileage in the NBA and a foot injury. Our #2 is SUPPOSED TO BE our #1 but he's about to turn 30 and has 235 injuries on his resume. And he floats. Game to game.

The theory of AD is great. 75 games at 27 and 12 with 4 dimes and 2 blocks for a Top 3 seed. Hell yea.
Reality is 40 games at 27 and 12 for a 13 seed. A 13 seed.
After missing the playoffs last year.

You mock my Blazers proposal. He'll be nearing 31, Bron at 39. We'd get Nurkic, Sharpe and 3-4 #1's. They'd have a 34 year old Dame and an injury risk AD. By the 2026 pick they'd be worse off than we are. And we'd have their 28 and maybe their 30.

I'm not sayin it'll happen. It could be OKC. Or Indiana. Or the Knicks. But if a team calls us and offers 3-4 #1's for a guy on the downside of an injury riddled career, with a 39 year old Lebron. If we had a 32 year old Bron, sure, I get the risk. But Bron won't be here much longer. And AD won't suddenly become a 75 game a year player.

AD said himself that he has nothing left to prove after the 2020 championship. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, he's playing like it. Calling it as such isn't hate. When he says he has nothing left to prove and we say 'It doesn't seem like he has anything to prove out there,' I mean... 🤷‍♂️

One thing I like about this dub was that the team was never phased even when Poole went on that heater.

There was a quarter where they were down 2-5 points nearly the entire way but they kept making stops to keep it from getting out of hand.

I feel like Westbrook would go on these momentum killers where he and the team would give up 6-7 points in quick succession, ultimately costing us games.

Last edited:
There was like 5 of y’all straight HATE posting.
I wasn’t hate posting, I was jus sayin it seemed like he really didn’t wanna be put there the first half, but he stepped it up the second half with defensive and offense. He the reason we won the last two quarters, along with the new squad.

I don’t think we get anybody on the buyout not only because of the $7 million it will cost but also we literally have no place for them in the rotation, regardless of who it is

Stanley shooting 45% from 3? That meant he would drop to 40.

Kinda ****** of me, but I been lowkey waiting for them to waive Stanley since they signed him. He's played really well thus far, so I thought he would make it through the season.

Stanley Johnson COME ON DOWN! They got an empty roster slot for a reason. Rob/Jeanie/Bron loves familiar faces. He won't get much tick, but he clearly loves LAL and wanted to stay. In a pinch he can play 3-5 and is a great lockerroom guy. And he a lowkey goon. He yoked up a Morris twin real fast earlier this year and I knew he was the one. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom