**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Heat and Grizz

aqDwC.png

2 rules:
Win a title (Wilt/West)
HOFer

Bron has both. His jersey will hang.
I want to revisit this.

AD is going to be in the HoF. So he's up already?

Or if we would have won in 2004, Glove & Pedo would have their jerseys up?

Contribution is a factor as well them guys were here for a cup of coffee so no.

AD yea I guess.
That's not what C CP1708 was saying, though. Just HoF + ring = retired. And I've never heard anyone actually say that so I can't really speak on it.

I agree with what you're saying: contribution is a factor, not just 2 criteria and that's it.

Good point, but I think the 1 year only might limit that.

AD should be locked with at least 4-5 years (Wilt)

Not sure how a 1 year stint would be viewed.
So...
- Ring
- HoF
- Min 1 year

Is that the criteria then? Like lovehateself lovehateself said: Richmond. 👀

This HoF + ring criteria, is that your own estimation/observation? Or did you hear Lakers brass say that? I probably should have started with that question. 🤣🤦‍♂️

So...
- Ring
- HoF
- Min 1 year

Is that the criteria then? Like lovehateself lovehateself said: Richmond. 👀

This HoF + ring criteria, is that your own estimation/observation? Or did you hear Lakers brass say that? I probably should have started with that question. 🤣🤦‍♂️

I've heard it/read it somewhere, might even have been a quote in a book.

But it's also self explanatory. Fish has 5 but not up there. Every other franchise and he's up there, not us. Same with Coop, AC, Byron, Horry, Fox etc.

Ring + HOF. Not sure the tenure part. Mitch played like 8 minutes that postseason. Not sure that counts. :lol:

I've heard it/read it somewhere, might even have been a quote in a book.

But it's also self explanatory. Fish has 5 but not up there. Every other franchise and he's up there, not us. Same with Coop, AC, Byron, Horry, Fox etc.
None of them are in the Hall.
Ring + HOF. Not sure the tenure part. Mitch played like 8 minutes that postseason. Not sure that counts. :lol:
Then that's not the criteria.

That's exactly what I'm trying to hammer out.

If we're saying "It's these 2 things", then it's those 2 things, always. If we're saying "It's these 2 things... plus also this other thing... except at times when it's not those 3 things… because of this 4TH thing," then it's no longer those first 2 things.

"Hall of Fame"

Operative word, fame.

Gotta be a "famous star" or "super star" to make the hall, rings notwithstanding. Word to Carl's Jr

Sucks Fish and Coop and their 5 Lakers rings apiece won't get their jerseys retired.

It is those two things, always.

All the guys up there equal both. (Elgin is the toughest one) He retired the year we won the title but he did play games that year, so he gets a ring for that.

It is those two things, always.
Except when it's not, like Mitch. 👀

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

This isn't an argument but it's turning into one. Not what I'm looking for.

So it's already established that

HoF
Ring

is false. That's not the criteria. So what is?

HoF
Contribute to a championship year
Starter for a certain percentage of games? 75%?

👀

Except when it's not, like Mitch. 👀

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

This isn't an argument but it's turning into one. Not what I'm looking for.

So it's already established that

HoF
Ring

is false. That's not the criteria. So what is?

HoF
Contribute to a championship year
Starter for a certain percentage of games? 75%?

👀

Mitch played 1 season in LA.

He totaled 2 minutes in the playoffs.

He gets a ring, but I guess 1 year isn't enough. Payton and Predator at least played in the playoffs that year. :lol:

I'm not gonna say they shouldn't have done it but the way people was crowning 'em was crazy. KD is a all time great but when he don't have a 73 win roster, his playoff record ain't much. He just got embarrassed by the Celtics.
The idea of KD is better than actually having KD at this point…People get enamored w/the aesthetic of his game,but he doesn’t win you anything.

have a feeling were gonna lose the next 2 games then win the next 3 after that

If we lose the next 2 the season is over.

Rockets just got their first win in hella games over the Celtics. We should take em seriously. I wonder if AD plays that game.

Lol imagine watching the games and having belief about your team and then saying the lakers gonna lose to pelicans and rockets.

If so, the season is over and better we know now than hanging on for dear hope

Back
Top Bottom