**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Poole got extra hush money to drop the charges against draymond

Lakers don’t have much of a choice either though.

Lowball DLo. And he can do what Julius Randle did and say “I’ll take it elsewhere.” That’s even separate from a team that will put the poison pill for Reaves.

DLo has SOME leverage. And the main one is the Lakers are a damn near unbeatable team when he’s playing with the other guys they have. When he’s not playing, it’s still a good team, but it’s noticeably worse. And Bron/AD/Reaves have geled with him.

Lakers don’t have much of a choice either though.

Lowball DLo. And he can do what Julius Randle did and say “I’ll take it elsewhere.” That’s even separate from a team that will put the poison pill for Reaves.

That’s not what Julius Randle did.
The Lakers extended him a qualifying offer and easily could’ve made him play on it. They rescinded the QO as a favor to Randle and his agent.

You have to tell me which teams are throwing big bread at Dlo or even AR.

Regardless, the Lakers won’t lowball either of em. I think it’ll be fair value for all parties at the end of the day. Probably give em player options and games played incentives idk.

That’s not what Julius Randle did.
The Lakers extended him a qualifying offer and easily could’ve made him play on it. They rescinded the QO as a favor to Randle and his agent.

You have to tell me which teams are throwing big bread at Dlo or even AR.

Regardless, the Lakers won’t lowball either of em. I think it’ll be fair value for all parties at the end of the day. Probably give em player options and games played incentives idk.

They let Randle walk for free as a favor?
Nah they didn’t want him.

Also Aaron Mintz is both Randle and DLo’s agent.

Hypothesizing about who will give who a deal and who has space is a fool’s errand. It will change by July. Teams will make offers to force the Lakers to match whether the guy is an UFA or RFA.
Happens pretty regularly

If they get offered fair value then AR will get $15mil a year. And DLo will be at $25mil and at least 3 years for both.

They let Randle walk for free as a favor?
Nah they didn’t want him.

Also Aaron Mintz is both Randle and DLo’s agent.

Hypothesizing about who will give who a deal and who has space is a fool’s errand. It will change by July. Teams will make offers to force the Lakers to match whether the guy is an UFA or RFA.
Happens pretty regularly

If they get offered fair value then AR will get $15mil a year. And DLo will be at $25mil

Randle was waiting out a deal as a restricted free agent but nobody offered a deal and money was drying up in free agency. Lakers could’ve signed him to a deal using bird rights if PG signed, but that didn’t happen. Lakers weren’t going to sign him to a long term deal at that point because they were saving the space for Kawhi the following summer. He asked the Lakers to release him from his QO and the Lakers obliged.

I know teams will offer AR 15 mil a year so the lakers should be proactive with his contract. Name me the team that Dlo can use as leverage for 25+ mil tho?

Randle was waiting out a deal as a restricted free agent but nobody offered a deal and money was drying up in free agency. Lakers could’ve signed him to a deal using bird rights if PG signed, but that didn’t happen. Lakers weren’t going to sign him to a long term deal at that point because they were saving the space for Kawhi the following summer. He asked the Lakers to release him from his QO and the Lakers obliged.

I know teams will offer AR 15 mil a year so the lakers should be proactive with his contract. Name me the team that Dlo can use as leverage for 25+ mil tho?

If they wanted him, they would have kept him. That’s not doing him a solid. That’s them overplaying their hand.

The leverage is DLo just leaves if he doesn’t like the offer. Whether it’s taking a 1 year at the number he wants or 4 years at less.
The leverage he has is the Lakers are significantly worse if they don’t keep him. And that gets money from them. If you don’t think they are worse without him. Wait until you see the deal they hand to Schroder if DLo leaves.

Also there’s been nothing for them not to give it to him.

He's been hurt and if he plays poorly like he did for Minny in the playoffs, they'll definitely be pause and I seriously don't think about anyone is giving him close to 25 mil.

Dlo’s rep across the league is shot. You can’t name me another team with cap space that is lining up to pay him 25+ mil this summer because that team doesn’t exist.

But it doesn’t really matter. The Lakers will come to terms with him because it’s mutually beneficial. He’s been performing when he’s been on the court. However, Dlo’s not making himself any money by missing half his lakers games already. Our 2 main stars are going to miss games; we need the 3rd highest player to be more reliable. If he has chronic knee issues his cap hit shouldn’t be high based on the amount of games he’s going to miss.

With that said I hope he plays every game in the playoffs, balls out and forces the Lakers to cash him out.

Dlo’s rep across the league is shot. You can’t name me another team with cap space that is lining up to pay him 25+ mil this summer because that team doesn’t exist.

Because as I told you. It’s a fools errand. What teams have in cap space now could be entirely different come July. A team could change course significantly between now and then.

And who offers what to guys, isn’t even remotely clear before the off-season starts for 90% of the players.

And with them out on Kyrie. And with no cap space regardless because they will try to keep this team together.

You got your team that will offer him $25mil. The Lakers.

Why? Because if he says, it needs to be X dollars, or I walk and take whatever offer I can get, even if it is worse. It’s a likely threat. Isn’t the first time CAA has done it with a client or a player has done it.

Once again you can’t name a (1) team bro :lol:

I gave you a team already. The Lakers who are over leveraged from the roster they have currently. Meaning they need to keep their guys and pay a premium to do it. Especially with the new CBA coming that will make it harder to add talent to high spending teams.

Of the teams with the space to do it. Pistons. Spurs. Pacers. All of which DLo fits.
Throw in Toronto if FVV leaves.

That number increases depending on how a team sees DLo. Whether as a 1 or 2.

And also not to mention there will end up being half a dozen teams that could create space if they wanted to.

And again, it isn't about $25mil from another team. If another team offers him $20mil, he can say offer me $25mil or I'll just bounce for less.
It's about forcing the Lakers to get to a number he wants. It's not even just DLo. Rui could do it to get to the number he wants, or AR, even as RFAs.
This is how players and agents go through FA.
The longer the years, the less AAV. The shorter the deal, the higher the AAV.

Finally, there's a reason they have mutual interest in a deal. Rob made the deal to get out of Westbrook, but to also make a long term deal happen for DLo. DLo's value is pretty high to the Lakers.

Which leads me to the next point of being valuable to the team you are on. AD likely gets a max extension.

Last edited:
7ylmdhqtl1sa1.jpg

With D’lo playing 2 games since the deadline

A kyrie acquisition along with Harris and then throwing 5 second rounders for Vandy woulda made us absolute title favorites.

**** mark Cuban and Joe tsai

That Dallas or rockets losses hurt bc we coulda comfortably lost todays game. Then played suns on second night of back to back (I’m sure KD will sit out) and then close out the jazz and we are guaranteed 5 or 6 seed.

Our only hope is for Kings to beat the dubs

If they beat LAC, I believe they jump to 5th. But without Bron/AD, they prolly sit DLo too.

LAC finish with a now tanking POR and @ a PHX team which will probably be resting their starters.

GSW finish @ SAC and @ tanking POR.

I think they both win out. Need 2 of the last 3 and this one would be preferred. If they rest everyone here, they must win against PHX and UTA.

That Dallas or rockets losses hurt bc we coulda comfortably lost todays game. Then played suns on second night of back to back (I’m sure KD will sit out) and then close out the jazz and we are guaranteed 5 or 6 seed.

Our only hope is for Kings to beat the dubs

I could very easily see SAC with a big FU to LAL after all these years by resting everyone against GSW. :lol: They pretty much got 3 locked up and they legit may like their chances at home against GSW or LAC with Wiggins/PG status up in the air, rather than new look LAL.

Back
Top Bottom