**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

1. TBJ hasn't been hitting shots his entire duration here.

2. I would rather not play Bamba but who else is gonna rebound when AD sits?

1. TBJ shot 38.1% from three on 3.7 attempts this year. That’s really good!

2. Wenyen is a fine rebounder for his size. A Gabriel, Lebron, Rui frontcourt has enough to survive the non-AD minutes.

1. TBJ shot 38.1% from three this year. That’s really good!

2. Wenyen is a fine rebounder for his size. A Gabriel, Lebron, Rui frontcourt has enough to survive the non-AD minutes.
He wasn't with us the entire year. We know people forget how to shoot when they're here.

What adjustments did Kerr make?
Last series was last series, over n done with. Whatever adjustments Kerr or Ham made last series has zero bearing on the 2nd round.

All I know is that Kerr is Proven. His resume speaks for itself, no choice but to respek it. We're about to see in this series which coach can "outadjust" the other.

Yeah lol . Forgot we signed him.

He still hasn't been shooting well. For a long time now. There's a reason his minutes have been cut.

The reason his minutes have gone down is because it’s the playoffs and it’s time to cut the rotation down. He was great during the regular season.

Dlo: 32 minutes
AR: 36 minutes
Vando: 24 minutes
Lebron: 36-40 minutes
Ad: 36-40 minutes

Dennis - 20 minutes
Rui - 28 minutes

Rui basically took the spot as first wing off the bench. Dennis remains as the other 6/7 man.

The remaining 8 & 9 spots (probably like 16-20 minutes total if that) is between TB, Beas, Lonnie and Wenyen.

8-10 minutes for a wing.
8-10 minutes for Gabriel.

I would play TBJr in the first half and hope he plays well. If his shot is hitting, good. Maybe I’ll run him for a 2nd shift in the 2nd half. If not, cut the rotation for the 2nd half.

There are minutes to see if Beas or Lonnie “have it” on that night, but I don’t really like coaching that way (inserting random players at random moments and hoping they catch fire doesn’t seem like a winning strategy to me). I know what TBJr is going to give on most nights (good size, run around on defense, can rebound)… just hope he hits his threes which he did decently during the regular season.

Regardless you’re right he’s def fallen off these past few weeks/months. I thought he had played his self out of the lakers roster next year but we might have a chance to get him for cheap again now. (Altho our boy Christie is coming for those minutes next year :nerd: )

Last series was last series, over n done with. Whatever adjustments Kerr or Ham made last series has zero bearing on the 2nd round.

All I know is that Kerr is Proven. His resume speaks for itself, no choice but to respek it. We're about to see in this series which coach can "outadjust" the other.
'I don't know' would've been acceptable

'I don't know' would've been acceptable
You weren't making a point lol

You just talking just to talk

Let's see how many games it takes before folks start screaming for ham to make adjustments lol

Good thing Lakers own GSW this year, but don't underestimate Kerr. Best believe This ain't regular season GSW just like everyone saw in last year's playoffs

Last edited:

he has the warriors beating us easily in 5. Didn’t necessarily agree but found his analysis interesting.

he has the warriors beating us easily in 5. Didn’t necessarily agree but found his analysis interesting.

It’s alwYs fascinating to see the espn prediction articles after the fact and see just how wrong a lot of guys are.

matchup predictions for the starters:

Dlo on Klay
AR on Curry
Vando on Wiggins
Bron on Looney
AD roaming on Dray

Will be interesting to see how much Vando plays on Curry.

Warriors:
Curry on Dlo
Klay on AR
Wiggins on Bron
Dray roaming on Vando
Looney on AD

DLo will get cooked by Klay.

He’ll get cooked by everyone.
The only other option is to put him on Wiggins.

The real question is where/how to deploy Vando.

I’ve seen some national blog boyz suggest starting Dennis over Vando to be the POA defender. I disagree with that but yeah the thought is out there.

matchup predictions for the starters:

Dlo on Klay
AR on Curry
Vando on Wiggins
Bron on Looney
AD roaming on Dray

Will be interesting to see how much Vando plays on Curry.

Warriors:
Curry on Dlo
Klay on AR
Wiggins on Bron
Dray roaming on Vando
Looney on AD
Could certainly see this or

Vando guarding Curry
AR guarding Klay
D'Lo guarding Wiggins
Bron guarding Draymond
AD guarding Looney

Think Vando may get a quick hook for Schroder during games. D'Lo will have to hold up against Wiggins. If Rui closes games, maybe AR on Curry, D'Lo on Klay and Rui on Wiggins.

Bamba's slow as molasses. They'll immediately put him in pnr and he'll be roasted and toasted. This is Wenyen's time to shine behind AD. They could run Bron backup 5 in this series but playing Wenyen could save him a ton of energy.
yesssirrr wenyen is the better option

Could certainly see this or

Vando guarding Curry
AR guarding Klay
D'Lo guarding Wiggins
Bron guarding Draymond
AD guarding Looney

Think Vando may get a quick hook for Schroder during games. D'Lo will have to hold up against Wiggins. If Rui closes games, maybe AR on Curry, D'Lo on Klay and Rui on Wiggins.
I can see Caruso on Curry

Oops. Sorry, wrong timeline

I expect Kerr and staff gonna have their team ready to play a physical brand of basketball and throw numerous bodies and double teams at AD. They think Lakers aren't accustomed to a physical style of play for a full 7 games 👀

AR on klay imo

dennis when locked in is really good at fighting thru and navigating thru screens and staying connected as a defender
he wont shut off curry's water but he'll for sure help make it harder for curry/make him work more

i also kinda want to say vando on curry too but i guess it just depends. vando might get killed chasing him around off-ball

Back
Top Bottom