**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

AR on klay imo

dennis when locked in is really good at fighting thru and navigating thru screens and staying connected as a defender
he wont shut off curry's water but he'll for sure help make it harder for curry/make him work more

i also kinda want to say vando on curry too but i guess it just depends. vando might get killed chasing him around off-ball
I’d utilize Vando to hound Wiggins. They have a 3 headed attack offensively with klay wiggins curry. People forget that Wiggins was their second best player last year. Eliminate one of those three and you’ve made them that much weaker.

I’d utilize Vando to hound Wiggins. They have a 3 headed attack offensively with klay wiggins curry. People forget that Wiggins was their second best player last year. Eliminate one of those three and you’ve made them that much weaker.
hmm i can kinda see that. i guess live with dlo on steph? ar has done okay on klay and then wiggins he mostly operates off the drible/post anyway and i think vando would be a good match up on that

g-yKrhmN.jpg

#WeBelieve?

I guess I'm underestimating the Warriors, but I just don't see it with them.

I feel like Memphis was a better team than GS :lol:

If Poole & Wiggins don't both average close to 20 efficiently, I don't see how they have a chance.
Same :lol:. Outside of Steph the rest of the team was cheeks in games 5 and 6. Lakers are strong where they're weak and stronger where they're strong. Easily the deeper team and have looked better since March

I know the matchups are different but I really feel the Grizz team we just took care of in six would have beaten the Warriors or Kings. Ja>Fox, Bane>Monk, JJJ>Sabonis. Media and Warriors fans really discounting what we did in the first round. It’s cool though, let ‘em talk. Been hearing **** since mid 4th qtr of game 7 yesterday being a Lakers fan surrounded by Warriors fans here in San Jose. 😆

Crazy how many laker gear they offer in the bay.

Literally in SF, fisherman’s warf they had on display curry jersey and……Kyle Kuzma a few years ago

Literally target in bay are has warriors clothes and lakers clothes lol

If we had one more regular season win, we’d have home court advantage right now smh

But i feel good about stealing one in the bay.

Last edited:
That Grizzlies team was no joke. I get the vibe nobody outside Lakers and Memphis fans really take them serious.

One of the best defenses in the league and even with no Adams and Clarke I felt like they found something with Tilman. That team is deeper and grittier than people give em credit for.

We gotta get game 1.

Our perimeter defense is buns at times and Bane was able to get it going at will at times. We gotta tighten that up and we need Lebron and DLo to carry.

He’ll get cooked by everyone.
The only other option is to put him on Wiggins.

The real question is where/how to deploy Vando.

I’ve seen some national blog boyz suggest starting Dennis over Vando to be the POA defender. I disagree with that but yeah the thought is out there.

I've seen this sentiment too & i'm so against it,

1) Steph is 90% gonna be resting on Vando or Schroeder, at least with Vando there's a Huge opportunity for offensive boards & being physical with em
2) We all agree that the key to this series is AD, D'Lo is his version of Rondo on the 2020 team. He gets him the ball in places he likes & is consistently looking to get him going, that's far from Dennis strength.

That Grizzlies team was no joke. I get the vibe nobody outside Lakers and Memphis fans really take them serious.

One of the best defenses in the league and even with no Adams and Clarke I felt like they found something with Tilman. That team is deeper and grittier than people give em credit for.
they writing em off to discredit the lakers
you know how it goes

before series = lakers no match
after series = ez match up lol

I'm also a big proponent of Vando on Wiggins, this series they will need Wiggins attacking & hitting that midrange & he's a prime candidate for a guy Vando could completely take out of games.

I'll live with D'Lo on Klay, D'Lo is a smart defender & AD will be able to man the paint, erase mistakes a lot this series. Klay can run actions to perfection, bud D'Lo is 6'5 with a 6'10 Wingspan, he's more then capable of closing out & making Klay have to put it on the floor, which i think D'Lo could handle.

Back
Top Bottom