**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's gonna be an interesting game 2.

Do they start small? Do they try PnR with AD to bring him out of the paint? Do they play a lot of zone.

We are riding high, but I don't expect the dubs to not be prepared for game 2.

They win game 2 the pressure is right back on us. We have to win game 3 and 4.

I want no parts of going into game 5 2-2.

Re-watched the game and D'Lo got to stay focused and give a better second effort on d.

To start the game, he did a Beasley and posed for a three that bricked. Didn't run back fast enough and Klay got a three.
Went under two screens that resulted in Poole threes.
Slipped guarding Wiggins, didn't box out and Wiggins got a putback dunk.
Trailed Steph, made a travel hand motion to the ref, Steph relocated and he made the game tying three.

Gotta clean stuff like that up.

Do they start small? Do they try PnR with AD to bring him out of the paint? Do they play a lot of zone.

They probably start small and have Looney come off the bench.

zone
steph on-ball pnr
maybe less of loon/dray together

They probably start small and have Looney come off the bench.
GSW in the past would replace Looney with Porter Jr in the starting lineup and it's worked for them.

Now that Porter is gone, a lineup of Steph, Poole, Klay, Wiggins, Dray allows Bron and AR to attack a lot more on the offensive end.

GSW is fd either way. We ain't the 2022 Celtics

4118C390-1C18-426B-995D-B0CB7FFADA90.jpeg

This is why having Coach Bron who has seen it all is so valuable to a team of youngsters with little playoff experience. He may not give you 20/20 each game but he can dictate who goes where in an instant, stopping the flow of the other team. We saw that in gm 1.

I’ve read way too much about adjustments these past day and half lol

Human nature likely wins tonight. Look no further than Boston Philly game 2.

Can’t fake urgency- unfortunately.

We can't get blown out like the 76ers did last night...

After the 76ers loss yesterday, home teams have won a consecutive 15 games after losing game 1. (20-1 in the last 21).

Tonight is almost a guaranteed L. With that said, streaks have to end some time! If we pull out the W tonight, it’s series over.

Hopefully the warriors don’t shoot like they did last game and hopefully Lebron has a superstar game in him tonight.

After the 76ers loss yesterday, home teams have won a consecutive 15 games after losing game 1. (20-1 in the last 21).

Tonight is almost a guaranteed L. With that said, streaks have to end some time! If we pull out the W tonight, it’s series over.

Hopefully the warriors don’t shoot like they did last game and hopefully Lebron has a superstar game in him tonight.

I think the lone “1” who won both was Luka vs Clippers two years ago. Clippers went on to win game 3 and 4 (mavs up like 30 in game 3 too lol)

Lakers went through that game 2 let down against the Grizzlies. I think that gives some sort of motivation for these guys to have a better performance this time around. Gonna be an adjustment game. The expectation is AD is going to get schemed out, let’s hope everyone else is ready to step up.

If we lose you expect it. Dubs have to have this game and will play like it.

But if we get blown out then the pressure comes to us.

An adjustment I would like to see is more RnR between D.lo and AD.

If they got Steph on D.lo hunt that down either D.lo will get the nice mid range jumper/floater to the rim or AD dominates...

Back
Top Bottom