**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’ll tell you what I’m not gonna do…listen to hours of podcasts talking about potential adjustments lakers can make and counter potential adjustments Kerr can make like I did after game 1 lol

Will be all about energy and will. That’s it.

I’ll tell you what I’m not gonna do…listen to hours of podcasts talking about potential adjustments lakers can make and counter potential adjustments Kerr can make like I did after game 1 lol

i listned to alot of folks adjustments
and all of them were wrong lmao

they put reaves on steph and vando on dray and folk didnt think of that annd hated it beginning of game :lol:
end up being correct tho and blew up their offense

also the lonnie min were great he has the athletic ability to stay connected to klay

Dlo is a really streaky player. He consistently starts each season off super cold then goes on a 1-2 month burner. Hopefully that’s what’s happening these playoffs and he’s on his hot streak stage for the next 1.5 months.

Thought he was really solid defending Klay as well.

As much as I say we go as AD goes, I believe they said we haven't lost a game when D.lo scores 16 or more points...

cc8620t42cya1.png

Just a bunch of good quarters:

DLo 1st quarter: 13 points / 1 assist
DLo 2nd quarter: 8 points / 3 assists
21 points on 12 shots in first half

AD 2nd quarter: 10/4 and 2 blocks
LeBron 2nd quarter: 10/4/4

LeBron 3rd quarter: 10 points

Lonnie, Shaq and Max had really good 4th quarters

First play of the game was flawlessly run, and should be a set at least a few times a game.

LeBron throws an entry pass from the top of the key to AD.
IMG_2297.jpeg

Draymond roams to double AD.
DLo on the wing ready for the kick out
IMG_2292.jpeg

AD backs down toward the baseline to open up more room. Wiggins sees DLo will get an open catch and shoot and starts to rotate over. Steph moves toward the paint as his man is weak side to hopefully disuade LeBron from cutting.
IMG_2293.jpeg

LeBron sees Wiggins rotating over to prevent the easy open 3 and immediately cuts to the basket. Which Wiggins instinctively rotates off DLo and back to LeBron.
IMG_2295.jpeg

With the sagging off DLo and to prevent LeBron from an easy layup and double on AD. Led to a wide open shot
IMG_2296.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg

Whether it’s DLo or Reaves or even Dennis. That’s a play I want to see a lot of.

Another good play early.
Off a modified horns set

To set up the play DLo and Vando looked like they were going to switch sides and DLo was going strong side corner and Vando weak side corner.
IMG_2310.jpeg

As DLo is running to go strong side, he reverses out and stays weak side wing and Vando follows weak side corner opening up more room for LeBron IMG_2300.jpeg

AR sets the pick. LeBron starts to attack. Curry hard hedges. Draymond sticks to AD to prevent him from rolling to the rim.
Green is moving strong completely off of Vando (which is the right move)
Klay watching the ball.
If you look at DLo, his hand is already up, he already sees what is going to happen. As does LeBron.
IMG_2301.jpeg

Wiggins doesn’t allow the switch and then starts chasing behind the screen. Green moves to the other side of the paint to protect the rim.
Reaves is open at the top of the key. Draymond hasn’t even thought about leaving AD
IMG_2303.jpeg

LeBron knows he has the step on Steph who was starting to run back out to Reaves because Wiggins is looking to recover and he knows he has help down low. LeBron turns the corner. Green completely sells out to contest.
Klay looks to prevent the easier pass which would have been a baseline cut and dunk by Vando. Or worst case pass to Vando in the corner who swings to DLo for the shot. DLo already in catch and shoot position.
IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg

LeBron sees Klay commit himself to the baseline pass. Throws the pass to DLo
IMG_2308.jpeg

Couldn’t have been more open.
IMG_2309.jpeg

We absolutely need those type of defensive performances from Bron & AD in this next game, their energy had GS missing bunnies at the basket all night.

It's been clear as day that when engaged on defense this series they can slowdown this offense, That starts with those two.

I pretty much waste 90 percent of my time listening to PODCAST about this series and my co workers think im going into some personal problems. I just say im ok. Its stressful to be a laker fan. But man when they win i feel like i got a promotion or something lol

I pretty much waste 90 percent of my time listening to PODCAST about this series and my co workers think im going into some personal problems. I just say im ok. It’s stressful to be a laker fan. But man when they win i feel like i got a promotion or something lol
post of the decade

Back
Top Bottom