**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lonnie Walker playing the game of his life is really saving D'Angelo Russell from slander today.

1 for 10 with 2 points. Complete no show. 🤮

We have all been very critical of Coach Ham but I will give him credit for not being dogmatic and being willing to make quick changes. If a player doesn't have it on a certain night, Coach Ham Will pull them quick.
If he was consistent, we would be title favorites.

Wish we had Conley instead.

I'm not in favor resting our guys but I am in favor of pulling the trigger if things aren't looking good early. If we're down double digits at the half I think we should pull the starters and get ready for game 6.
Unless it's a true blue blow out, the Warriors will always leave the door open because of their tendencies. And the Lakers will always be in a game because of course.

Lonnie Walker playing the game of his life is really saving D'Angelo Russell from slander today.

We have all been very critical of Coach Ham but I will give him credit for not being dogmatic and being willing to make quick changes. If a player doesn't have it on a certain night, Coach Ham Will pull them quick.

ehh Dlo played great defense on Klay.
Forced the warriors to use GP2 on him.
He’s always hella enthusiastic and cheering on his teammates. He never pouts.
AR & Dennis carried the game for us in the 3rd and Lonnie did it in the 4th.

I didn’t mind his game yesterday. Hopefully he comes thru to close it tho. Could use his 20 points.

I guess the gp2 guarding him really had him in hell. Think he was tryna force it tho with size advantage too

Lakers may have lost the Grizzles series and are not up 3-1 if not for DLo. (AD is the biggest reason, but DLo had a huge hand in it).

Bad shooting nights happen. Especially when the opposing teams defensive adjustments were largely about him.

That just shows how deep this team really is. Any 2-3 can have a bad night and still win but whoever whispered to HiP’s ears during the MEM to be flexible (my guess is Coach Bron and Rob) w his lineup is payin dividends.
I just mentioned it early yesterday too why we worry so much about squidward gp2 when we got Skywalker they should be scared of instead

Its not like Dlo gotta be an all star every night for us to win, and that's cool...

He's been GREAT, picking his moments and stepping up and also deferring when the game calls for it.

He's been an amazing piece for us.

It's worked like twice out of how many times? Ya I rather he not use it but he can get away with it vs these midgets.
Not just talking about this series.

Seems to me that this is how they’ve been playing mostly all season, and the reason that it works now isn’t because of GS’s size but rather this is who they are.

Not just talking about this series.

Seems to me that this is how they’ve been playing mostly all season, and the reason that it works now isn’t because of GS’s size but rather this is who they are.
I'm specifically referencing the Rui-Bron-three guard lineups we've since the playoffs started.

05rbxkuhfvya1.jpg

I’m perplexed by the complaints by Warriors players post game as well as coaches about moving screen calls in 4th quarter

I only remember 2 of them

1 by Klay on Shroeder. Clear foul. You can argue they shoulda checked for flagrant bc Klay hit DS in the chin with his forearm and he kind of extended the forearm

2nd one was on Draymond when he CLEARLY moved. They replayed it and SVG said that’s a clear moving screen

Don’t remember the others

I’m perplexed by the complaints by Warriors players post game as well as coaches about moving screen calls in 4th quarter

1 by Klay on Shroeder. Clear foul. You can argue they shoulda checked for flagrant bc Klay hit DS in the chin with his forearm and he kind of extended the forearm

2nd one was on Draymond when he CLEARLY moved. They replayed it and SVG said that’s a clear moving screen

these dudes commit so many illegal screens and Kerr complains about being called and calls it flopping. the audacity!

I can't remember if it was at the end of the third or fourth, but Moody got called for one trying to screen for Looney. I thought it was a clean screen or something the refs should just let slide.

damn we still need to kinda fine tun our approach to their PnR

switching everything is a good foundation to have though but not sure how sustainable
The irony is:

We never truly found a solution but look at the score in all those clips. It’s damn near tied for most of the game minus like a 6-9 min stretch (out of 48 mins) when they went in a run mostly from fast breaks.

The key is to continue to attack them in the paint and tire them out. Attack Curry and Klay.

Our making them work on defense causes all those missed shots. Sure they missed tons of shots but so did we. D’lo went 1-10. He makes 4 of those instead of 1 and it’s a different story etc

Back
Top Bottom