**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lol reporters are something :rofl:

Made it sound like Poole threatened to kill somebody.
think it was more about how he went about it
not facing them etc lol

its some smoke in that locker room man
I think if we can get some control in game 5 the role players will pack it in
them boys dont wanna fight man 4 of them crying for minutes (poole, kuminga Donte, JMG)

fwiw.....The Lakers in 2022-23 are 10-4 against the remaining teams in the West playoffs but are only 1-5 against the 76ers, Heat, and Celtics, the lone win coming against MIA.

6-2 vs GSW
2-1 vs DEN
2-1 vs PHX

1-1 vs MIA
0-2 vs PHI
0-2 vs BOS

11-9 overall against the top remaining contenders in the playoffs.

After we dispatch the Warriors, its only going to get more difficult from there

Lebron at point was very effective but I think hes just too old to do that all game. That needs to be the strategy moving foward. Play him and AD off and in the paint firsr half and let him be PG lebron for atleast a quarter second half.

this is the way

0B23F841-45D0-46D8-9110-BFFB923F3604.jpeg

Posted this in the nba thread but it’s prolly more relevant here:

man… I can’t believe the Lakers stole that win.

The warriors were getting hella good looks in the first half. The fact that the Lakers were only down 3 at half was a blessing. the move to insert GP2 worked perfectly. He was just as good as Dray on the short roll and it worked to perfection by bringing AD away from the paint and out to the perimeter. The warriors were eating in the paint. Straight wide open layups because old man bron wasn’t rotating in time. Steph missed like 4 bunnies too. The warriors are really going to be kicking themselves for not being up by more at half. It opened the court on offense and it paid off on defense too as GP2 basically shut Dlo down.

At the half, I gotta give it coach ham. Made a great adjustment and put AD on Wiggins. The warriors didn’t trust Wiggins decision making on the short roll for some reason and they basically went away from p&r in the 2nd half.

This allows AD to patrol the paint and it killed the warriors offense in the 2nd half. Steph was hella tired too from basically carrying the offense and doing his James Harden thing. Poole was supposed to be the 2ndary ball handle but he’s basically been unplayable. Klay had 9 points. Wiggins was average at best.

Steph had tired legs in the 4th. Lonnie attacked him every time. Lebron started hunting him every time. The Lakers went at him on basically every possession. He was gassed. Cold part is they still could’ve won. He went for the hero kill shot against the best defensive player in the world and didn’t hit. It could’ve easily went in… but it didn’t.. now the lakers are 1 win away from ending the dynasty.

I assume it’s the same lineups for game 5. Warriors just going to have to trust Wiggins on the short roll. The last win is always the hardest but I swear if the Lakers come out and get a double digit point lead or something this warriors team will fold. They do not have “it” and they all know it.

Last edited:
fwiw.....The Lakers in 2022-23 are 10-4 against the remaining teams in the West playoffs but are only 1-5 against the 76ers, Heat, and Celtics, the lone win coming against MIA.

6-2 vs GSW
2-1 vs DEN
2-1 vs PHX

1-1 vs MIA
0-2 vs PHI
0-2 vs BOS

11-9 overall against the top remaining contenders in the playoffs.

After we dispatch the Warriors, its only going to get more difficult from there

Meh, first things first but they tricked off both games vs Philly; tricked off the game vs Boston at the Crypt and got hosed by the refs at TD Garden and that was all before the new additions.

Really Been Cool To Watch This Team Get Huge Contributions From An Array Of Players.

Has To Feel Great As A Player To Feel Like Any Night Could Be Your Night

And You Not Just Rebounding For The Top Guys Go Off

Hey Kerr, how bout Steph flopping everytime someone posted him up?

And Schroeder did not flop, Klay elbowed him in the mouth

My guess is they make another adjustment for Game 5.
Probably go back to Looney if he’s able.

Warriors need to make the Lakers a jump shot team. And playing Poole, or GP2, or Jamychal doesn’t do that.

Back
Top Bottom