**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

^ that will be me, if at 3:01pm

Woj sends the tweet

The Lakers are signing Dennis Schröder using their full mid-level exception three years $40 million.

put me on the bruce brown doubters list

its just posturing by his reps

kroenke's pockets run deep, theyve got a handshake deal for his return to Denver

dlo ~20 mil ( give or take 1-2) but anything above 24, we storm the crypt

put me on the bruce brown doubters list

its just posturing by his reps

kroenke's pockets run deep, theyve got a handshake deal for his return to Denver

dlo ~20 mil ( give or take 1-2) but anything above 24, we storm the crypt

B42A6666-2135-43E3-AAEA-4C71F6AA4A14.gif

Off topic. Do we own our first round pick next year? Wonder if Jeanie will do something to land Bronny to keep Lebron in purple and gold for the farewell tour. It’s good for business to have the father-son dynamic and the farewell tour

And will Lebron really opt out of 50 million to sign a one year deal somewhere for like 8 mill ?

Outside the box thought.

If you don’t go above 5 million on the NTPMLE- you don’t get hardcapprd

If nobody good takes our 12 mill (NTMLE)

Wonder if we do this:

Offer 5 mill of the NTMLE to player X (presumably NOT a guard (Bamba?)

Then use the early bird on Walker and bring him back for 7 mill

Use bird rights on Beasley and bring him for 5-7 mill.

Anticlimactic but at least you ain’t hardcapped and have 19 mill in tradable contracts for just these three players.

Save about 30-40 mill in taxes vs keeping Beasley and Bamba outright

This is vs. splitting NTMLE for say gordon and shroeder. Using BAE on Bamba BUT being hard capped and losing Lonnie and possibly D’lo and or Rui.

Bamba, Beasley (more for salary slot purposes), Lonnie NO hardcap- meaning you can match anything for Rui and D’lo can get 22 a year if he commands it.

Vs

Bamba Gordon Shroeder With hardcap- and thus limited on what you can match with Rui, D’lo etc

I’d still take hardcap route assuming D’lo and Rui are had for cheap. But if it means I lose D’lo so I can get shroeder and Gordon, I’m not doing this.

Outside the box thought.

If you don’t go above 5 million on the NTPMLE- you don’t get hardcapprd

If nobody good takes our 12 mill (NTMLE)

Wonder if we do this:

Offer 5 mill of the NTMLE to player X (presumably NOT a guard (Bamba?)

Then use the early bird on Walker and bring him back for 7 mill

Use bird rights on Beasley and bring him for 5-7 mill.

Anticlimactic but at least you ain’t hardcapped and have 19 mill in tradable contracts for just these three players.

Save about 30-40 mill in taxes vs keeping Beasley and Bamba outright

This is vs. splitting NTMLE for say gordon and shroeder. Using BAE on Bamba BUT being hard capped and losing Lonnie.

Bamba, Beasley (more for salary slot purposes), Lonnie NO hardcap- meaning you can match anything for Rui and D’lo can get 22 a year if he commands it.

Vs

Bamba Gordon Shroeder With hardcap- and thus limited on what you can match with Rui, D’lo etc

I’d still take hardcap route assuming D’lo and Rui are had for cheap. But if it means I lose D’lo so I can get shroeder and Gordon, I’m not doing this.

Ohhh nice!

That means Rui and D’lo can still get paid while being hardcapped.

I thought first apron was the hardcap number (171). Guess it’s 182.
NTMLE hard caps at the first apron, TMLE hard caps at the second apron.

Back
Top Bottom