**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They should be able to bring Bamba back I'd hope; then hope for Bron and AD to be relatively healthy all season.

is4015tbrf9b1.jpg

This is a huge long term advantage.

And could be really helpfully in the pivot from LeBron/AD to signing the next guy to go with AD.

If they re-up DLo or DLo keeps his option next year. Or find a DLo caliber player for his current salary. You have 4 really good rotation guys all starter caliber for like $3-4mil more than the cost of KAT in 24-25
(My guess is Bron’s back next year too. And then 25-26 is whoever you can put next to AD)

Last edited:
Let’s pray they mutually agreed to waive D’lo NO TRADE clause that’s baked into all 1+1 deals. New CBA allows this.

Today must be D'Lo Day on NBA TV. They have Game 1 vs the Warriors on, then Game 4 vs the Grizzlies next. :lol:

Offseason was kinda meh to me. I already expected Reaves/Rui/Vando back. People talk about Bamba but Thomas Bryant is the guy they didn't replace. He was big time when AD went down early. Hayes and Reddish are huge downgrades from Lonnie and Bryant but at the same time the new team didn't miss a beat without them so it's mostly a wash. Prince is mostly a sideways move, hopefully more consistent. If Vincent's shot isn't real that's another sideways move. They didn't really get better but they didn't get worse. Rob did his work at the deadline and just maintained it

If Thomas Bryant had any value or if he were a "championship piece" he would've A) never been traded by the Lakers, and B) played in the playoffs for DEN.

Lakers don't need a center who can score 17 pts against a non-playoff team but allows the opponents' center to get anything he wants in the paint like TB did. They need a center who can give then what Javale did in 2020. Hayes does that better than TB the Big Scrub.

I think health and continuity is what will make this team excel.

These guys were really playing on the fly last year.

If Thomas Bryant had any value or if he were a "championship piece" he would've A) never been traded by the Lakers, and B) played in the playoffs for DEN.

Lakers don't need a center who can score 17 pts against a non-playoff team but allows the opponents' center to get anything he wants in the paint like TB did. They need a center who can give then what Javale did in 2020. Hayes does that better than TB the Big Scrub.
You were high on Bryant just like you are on Hayes now. Team probably doesn't even make the playoffs if Bryant isn't there to step up when AD got hurt early in the season. Hayes is trash but you'll figure that out eventually

Seems like every year there’s a least 1-2 FA signings (Last year - Lonnie, TBJ) that fans/talking heads hate but they end up turning out fine. A lot of these young players come in drafted with high expectations, but end up in poor situations where if they don’t develop quickly then they’re labeled busts and discarded. Talent is talent…look at Rui for example, he was stuck in a dumbster fire organization but when he was given another opportunity in a winning situation he thrived. I like the talent of guys like Hayes, Reddish, etc… not sure if they’ll be given the minutes to be uber productive but I do believe if they’re willing to put in the work LA seems to have a solid player development program going on with Handy and crew so it’ll be interesting to see if those young guys will take advantage of the situation.

Seems like every year there’s a least 1-2 FA signings (Last year - Lonnie, TBJ) that fans/talking heads hate but they end up turning out fine. A lot of these young players come in drafted with high expectations, but end up in poor situations where if they don’t develop quickly then they’re labeled busts and discarded. Talent is talent…look at Rui for example, he was stuck in a dumbster fire organization but when he was given another opportunity in a winning situation he thrived. I like the talent of guys like Hayes, Reddish, etc… not sure if they’ll be given the minutes to be uber productive but I do believe if they’re willing to put in the work LA seems to have a solid player development program going on with Handy and crew so it’ll be interesting to see if those young guys will take advantage of the situation.
I fully get what you're saying. Hayes and Reddish are not that. They'll both be out the league next year. There were reasons to be optimistic with monk, walker etc. Those reasons don't exist with these guys. Walker/Monk showed flashes and just needed more of an opportunity. Reddish and Hayes had every opportunity and just got progressively worse as the season went on

who do you have in mind? 🤔

RHYMES WITH NISSAN.

Also, I dont see Cam and Hayes making it to the playoffs. This is Damion Jones all over again. Hayes weighs less than Rui and has been physically builled. The receipe is so easy and worked. Lakers just need two BIG(pause) centers. Hell even Ibaka would be better served at this point. We can beat everyone else. Jokic dominated because we lacked a actual Center.

I fully get what you're saying. Hayes and Reddish are not that. They'll both be out the league next year
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not, but we can take Cam for example here… you said he hasn’t shown any flashes?
IMG_1191.jpeg

Averaged double figures on a Hawks team that had a bunch of young wings…went to NYC where Thibs hates young guys and then to Port where he went back to double figures.

Flashes…
IMG_1192.jpeg

Here’s Lonnie for comparison
IMG_1193.jpeg

Anyhow I’m not some Reddish closet fanatic but I think he has a decent profile…size, length, athleticism…things that you want for a player at his position. The other stuff like IQ, shooting and handles are things that can be improved with time. I already think he’s a more talented player than TBJ…but both might end up being career journeyman at this rate which is totally fine.

Cam Reddish stinks and hasn't been good since his senior year of HS. He's getting by on reputation and his physical gifts.

I suppose there's a world where Jaxson Hayes is serviceable though.

Javale at this stage is still better than Hayes.....

Walker showed hes still better than Cam. Like I dont get this man.

Back
Top Bottom