**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ahhh…the mid July trade scenarios for next March arguments.

Let’s stop and enjoy July before we trade away players in lop sided trades.

Not if they can get a Myles Turner or a OG Anunoby back in a trade for DLo plus maybe a 2nd rd pick or two

Even a DLo for Bogdanovic trade is an upgrade imo

I mean sure. There’s players in that group that are upgrades (Neither Bogdanovic is an upgrade). But the guys who are upgrades are not available for DLo. They may not be available for anybody (OG & Myles)

Capture.PNG

Castleton got more tools in his bag that imo will translate better to the league.

Huff was strictly hyped only cause of his length and shot blocking ability. Turns out he couldn't bring much to the table playing with the big boys.

Castleton on the other hand fills a need on this roster, especially if Wood or Biyombo aren't signed
Everyone look good in SL

To crack the rotation as a skinny, rookie CENTER is a tall task....but not unimaginable

the rook from Denver had some success this year....but I cant put any eggs into the Castleton basket, anything he can potentially contribute would be an added bonus for this team, not an expectation or need

Great to have depth for the regular season grind but man some really capable guys aren’t going to see a ton of minutes…and that sucks individually for those playing for new contracts.

I like the competition because that will push both players to be better but I don't know how they think gabe is a better off the ball fit, and i think d'lo being a higher usage guy is more important on the first unit because it gives Bron two playmakers (D'lo/AR) allowing him to rest more on offense.

I'm stating it now & i don't think my stance will change at all this season. **** the standing ( I think this team is deep & talented enough to be on "cruise" mode & get a top 5 seed) Priority #1 should be making sure AD & Bron get into the post season & as well rested as two superstars can possibly be.

I like the competition because that will push both players to be better but I don't know how they think gabe is a better off the ball fit, and i think d'lo being a higher usage guy is more important on the first unit because it gives Bron two playmakers (D'lo/AR) allowing him to rest more on offense.

I'm stating it now & i don't think my stance will change at all this season. **** the standing ( I think this team is deep & talented enough to be on "cruise" mode & get a top 5 seed) Priority #1 should be making sure AD & Bron get into the post season & as well rested as two superstars can possibly be.
It’s Johan buva. He’s a hack. Doesn’t know ****. He’s never been right about anything.

D'lo is gonna be great in the regular season. At the same time the roster is almost perfectly set up for either one or both of him and Gabe to be traded. Just depends on how JHS/Christie develop. I'm expecting D'lo to play well enough that he's not in trade rumors

Would be next level foolish to have D’lo come off bench. He’s a very good player and fits perfectly next to Vando and ad (two non shooters).

It’s not impossible for DLo to redeem himself offensively next year in the playoffs. The only thing with him is defensively he’ll still be a cone and the further you go in the playoffs the harder it becomes to hide guys like that.

So this upcoming season we rocking pearl necklaces with our hands in pockets?

If thats what it takes to win a title, yes.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing he'd put D Lo on the bench to start the season.
i dont. if gabe plays better defense he absolutely will

were gonna need offense from the bench anyways

vando good defensively terrible offensively

russell good offensive terrible defensively

ad
bron
vando
reaves
russell

should be an interesting regular season

i dont. if gabe plays better defense he absolutely will

were gonna need offense from the bench anyways