**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He also played SOME center for the Nets and Suns.

Do you have a point you’re trying to make or just getting off on quote replying me? 😂
Lol, your silly point is KD is going to play center "A LOT." Now you tell me in what planet is Skinny Bones Durant going to play center "A LOT" in a conference loaded with Bigs?

Screenshot_20230927_190935_Chrome.jpg

KD ain't no center. Only in your small ball world he is, and it don't eem matter that he played a lil small ball center in BKN and PHX. Has he ever won a chip playing center? Has AD ever won a chip playing in a 1-Big-4-Wing lineup as the only "big?"

You seem like an intelligent dude. Im sure you get the point.

Small ball centers aka 6'9"-6'11" small forwards playing center are passe. It was always a gimmick that doesn't work 99% of the time when it comes to CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL BALL.

If PHX, like yourself, believes playing KD "A LOT" at center surrounded by shooters is going to lead them to a chip, then you may need to take a crash course on the history of pro basketball to realize that that kind of lineup only leads to utter disappointment at the end of the year.

Lol, your silly point is KD is going to play center "A LOT." Now you tell me in what planet is Skinny Bones Durant going to play center "A LOT" in a conference loaded with Bigs?

Screenshot_20230927_190935_Chrome.jpg

KD ain't no center. Only in your small ball world he is, and it don't eem matter that he played a lil small ball center in BKN and PHX. Has he ever won a chip playing center? Has AD ever won a chip playing in a 1-Big-4-Wing lineup as the only "big?"

You seem like an intelligent dude. Im sure you get the point.

Small ball centers aka 6'9"-6'11" small forwards playing center are passe. It was always a gimmick that doesn't work 99% of the time when it comes to CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL BALL.

If PHX, like yourself, believes playing KD "A LOT" at center surrounded by shooters is going to lead them to a chip, then you may need to take a crash course on the history of pro basketball to realize that that kind of lineup only leads to utter disappointment at the end of the year.
Pretty sure I capitalized SOME in multiple posts… that lets me know you don’t really READ what’s being said…

Pretty sure I capitalized SOME in multiple posts… that lets me know you don’t really READ what’s being said…
Do you really gotta lie to kick it?
:lol:

Trying READING your own writing brotha

This was just a way for them to get off Ayton's contract. They'll probably find a way to play a lot of KD at the 5 lineups when it matters the most anyway.
And put out that blunt will ya. It'll mess up your short term memory.

Bucks getting better is fine by me. Hopefully they stop BOS from getting a chip if it can’t be us stopping them

Now keep Jrue away from BOS

Do you really gotta lie to kick it?
:lol:

Trying READING your own writing brotha

And put out that blunt will ya. It'll mess up your short term memory.
When it matters the most… which is going to be closing lineups against most opponents. Not starting, not playing 30 plus minutes, but when it matters THE most.

Again, what are you trying to argue with me about here? A point that I never made… if you want to rant that’s what Twitter is for

When it matters the most… which is going to be closing lineups against most opponents. Not starting, not playing 30 plus minutes, but when it matters THE most.

Again, what are you trying to argue with me about here? A point that I never made… if you want to rant that’s what Twitter is for
Semantics at this point

But if PHX is going to run KD at the 5 as their best lineup "when it matters most," then it's Lakers in 2, what I said earlier

Lakers would be smart to put size and throw Hayes or Wood at KD in this scenario since Hayes can literally guard wings, and leave Phoenix with NO ANSWER for AD in a 2-Big Lakers lineup. A small ball PHX lineup with KD at center means Watanabe's or Nassir Little's, or Okogie's assignment is AD lol

Lakers in 2

Last edited:
Semantics at this point

But if PHX is going to run KD at the 5 as their best lineup "when it matters most," then it's Lakers in 2, what I said earlier

Lalers would be smart to put size and throw Hayes or Wood at KD in this scenario since Hayes can literally guard wings, and leave Phoenix with NO ANSWER for AD in a 2-Big Lalers lineup. A small ball PHX lineup with KD at center means Watanabe's or Okogie's assignment is AD lol

Lakers in 2
Okay.

Lakers are better than Phx imo regardless of whatever lineup the Suns put out there.

Turn down the sensitivity on your Big Man Batsignal buddy, every time a SKILL BALL (not small ball) point gets brought up it doesn’t mean that we need to have a debate about it.

Okay.

Lakers are better than Phx imo regardless of whatever lineup the Suns put out there.

Turn down the sensitivity on your Big Man Batsignal buddy, every time a SKILL BALL (not small ball) point gets brought up it doesn’t mean that we need to have a debate about it.
Lol, touche spidey.

Do me a favor and dont get too sensitive about my comments about small ball and big men that you feel the need to believe that Im beimg sensitive just cause I laughed at your comment about PHX putting KD at the 5 "a lot.":lol: Makes you sound insecure like those dudes who hit ignore buttons.

Do my comments and supposed "sensitivity" about small ball, big men, and today's three point chucking league bother anyone here? Lol

This is a chat forum where people post opinions and comments about basketball, namely Lakers basketball. Your opinion about my opinion about small ball, bigs, and today's wack xxx three point chucking league makes you just as "sensitive." Clearly. Otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to make that comment. Projection at its finest.

This ain't a kiddie forum where everybody gotta agree with everybody and conform like a bunch of high school kids just to be cool and accepted LOL

Lol, touche spidey.

Do me a favor and dont get too sensitive about my comments about small ball and big men that you feel the need to believe that Im beimg sensitive just cause I laughed at your comment about PHX putting KD at the 5 "a lot.":lol: Makes you sound insecure like those dudes who hit ignore buttons.

Do my comments and supposed "sensitivity" about small ball, big men, and today's three point chucking league bother anyone here? Lol

This is a chat forum where people post opinions and comments about basketball, namely Lakers basketball. Your opinion about my opinion about small ball, bigs, and today's wack xxx three point chucking league makes you just as "sensitive." Clearly. Otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to make that comment. Projection at its finest.

This ain't a kiddie forum where everybody gotta agree with everybody and conform like a bunch of high school kids just to be cool and accepted LOL
I’m so sensitive that I normally respond in long winded, carefully thought out 2-3 sentence posts.

Cmon now…put your big boy pants on.

I’m so sensitive that I normally respond in long winded, carefully thought out 2-3 sentence posts.

Cmon now…put your big boy pants on.
Lol, 2 second attention span like the rest of the tic toc generation eh? Or are you too lazy to read something that would take me about 7 seconds to say in person?

Go back to the first time you responded to my very first reply to you about you mentioning KD at the 5 and you immediately went on defense mode and felt the need to prove that KD had played the 5 several times in the past LOL

So who started the debate or "argument?"

Spare me with that big boy crap.

Lol, 2 second attention span eh?

Go back to the first time you responded to my very first reply to you about you mentioning KD at the 5 and you immediately went on defense mode and felt the need to prove that KD had played the 5 several times in the past LOL

So who started the debate or "argument?"

Spare me with that big boy crap.
Okay man, you got it.

I don’t think the Suns have a bad personnel bench wise individually. But as a collective woooo they might get run a lot.

If Lakers can swing DLo and Vando for Jrue

KD at the 5
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know what skinny xxx KD at center is?
kobe-bryant-nba.gif

If PHX does that, Lakers in 2
I mean Draymond at center ain't exactly Shaq/Wilt, but he's got 4 rings by just simply being 'the guy playing the position.' Even though Brad Stevens himself doesn't have a ring, his brand of positionless basketball really is a thing.

And like it has already been pointed out, KD has been penciled in* at the 5 before.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Get it? Penciled in? Because he's skinny af... like a pencil? So he was penci... no?

Also trade combinations for Jrue is…

AR + Rui
DLo + AR
DLo + Rui
DLo + Gabe
Rui + Gabe

Possibly a small salary filler
And almost certainly a pick.

Jrue is good. But it isn’t worth it.

Reactions: DLF
Dlo/Gabe/pick for Jrue ain't worth it?
Asking for a friend.
Not me. I definitely know better.
My friend, though... 👀

I mean Draymond at center ain't exactly Shaq/Wilt, but he's got 4 rings by just simply being 'the guy playing the position.' Even though Brad Stevens himself doesn't have a ring, his brand of positionless basketball really is a thing.

And like it has already been pointed out, KD has been penciled in* at the 5 before.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Get it? Penciled in? Because he's skinny af... like a pencil? So he was penci... no?

Let's not forget 3 of Draymond's 4 rings came playing next to Bogut, McGee, Pachulia, Ezeli, West, Speights, Varejao, aka BIG BALL lineups

1 of those rings came with Looney and no other big.

Yes, Durant is a pencil.

Dlo/Gabe/pick for Jrue ain't worth it?
Asking for a friend.
Not me. I definitely know better.
My friend, though... 👀

Could be. But that’s if the Blazers would take it. My guess is they’d rather have Rui than Gabe.

The upside is Jrue might be a great fit.
Downside is they become pretty thin at the guard spots and super thin if Max isn’t a quality role player.

Back
Top Bottom