**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

When Vando comes back, some guys going to get squeezed for minutes--
Got the 5 starters + :
Rui, Hayes, Gabe Vincent, Cam Reddish, Vando, Wood
That's a 11-man rotation. Guys can't get a rhythm (especially bench guys) if playing too many people. Ham got to trim the fat and soon. Can't be nice-guy players' coach and got to make tough decisions. When someone gets injured, next man up. Let Max Christie get some reps in G-league until an opportunity arises

Can someone explain why KD got continuation on that Reaves foul? Thought you had to be in the shooting motion

Dame was denied a 4 point play earlier because of that dumb rule

Huh? 😂 tough decisions are already being made… Rui played 12 minutes tonight, because Wood was effective on the glass and played solid defense on KD.

Huh? 😂 tough decisions are already being made… Rui played 12 minutes tonight, because Wood was effective on the glass and played solid defense on KD.
If there is a direct correlation with Wood and Ruis minutes, I don't think there should be. I would rather give Reddishs' minutes to Rui.

If there is a direct correlation with Wood and Ruis minutes, I don't think there should be. I would rather give Reddishs' minutes to Rui.
Well Rui is kinda Lebron’s sub at PF, but if the Lakers play big lineups that feature either Wood/AD at the 4 then that eats up a lot of Rui’s playing time. Don’t like the combination of playing Wood/Rui together either because neither has seen a shot they don’t like.

reddish and hayes will be the odd men out with the dnp's

ad
bron
prince
russell
reaves

vincent
wood
rui
vando

let christie get some burn

Gabe shouldn’t be playing the most minutes for guards.
Probably just a temp thing while Austin is eased back into play. But he was also getting cooked and couldn’t really guard anyone without fouling tonight also so…

Gabe was solid on defense, had some decent passes and doesn’t kill you with silly turnovers like DLo does

Gabe didn’t shoot well, but I thought he actually played a good game.

He does the little things that guys like D Lo aren’t doing if the shot isn’t falling.

We got options this season :pimp:

1yya7w21mowb1.jpg

The more I see this team The more sure I am that we will have a mid-season trade. We have too many good, but not great players that we can package together to get a high level, top 50 player. They're just aren't enough minutes to go around.

Game by game he is inconsistent and people post full season stats to combat game by game inconsistencies...

Makes perfect sense.

Positives and negatives.

Positives:
-Bron is Bron
-AD took over in spots which is fun to watch.
-DLo got to the hoop with the shot not falling. Wasn’t anything horrific shot wise.
Also is being active on defense. There’s some deficiencies he won’t make up for. But his engagement has been better. He’s getting a lot of deflections which is good. If he can keep picking spots to a hand on the ball, it’ll lead to turnovers. And that’s where he can make up for some of the physical deficiencies he has.
-Christian Wood played really well. Just come in a grab boards and all is well. But for the love of god, no more 3s.
-Vando should help perimeter defense a good deal.

Negatives:
-Taurean Prince can’t go from 18 points to 0 points. He won’t score 18 every night, but they need him to be able to get some open buckets.
-AR isn’t totally ready yet. Can see his movement isn’t where it normally is due to some wear and tear it seems
-Gabe shouldn’t be getting more minutes than the starters. I hated it with Dennis. I will hate it with Gabe.
-Team needs to have better communication and understanding of how they will defend P&R and screens. This was bigger issue with Denver game, but the guards they have requires it.
-Rui should be producing more. But also Ham should be playing him more.
- I won’t be too hard on Cam because he was guarding KD. But sheesh, what the hell was Ham thinking.
-Ham’s rotation ideas are more often miss than hit. And when they do miss, most of the time, it’s terrible.

That's a 2 month sample that included 3 DNP's and a game he left early after scoring 1 point.

Conveniently after going hard vs KD and 9 YMCA guys but going full ghost vs Jokic in the 2nd half just 48 hours earlier.

TNT's entire halftime was spent analyzing why he wasn't making plays quick enough.

And it was the 39 year old that closed out the game (with the most noticeable on/off numbers)

But yes, he was good yesterday. Strange you weren't posting his efforts after the Denver game. But we know why. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom