**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He’s the 3rd best guard on the team.
He shouldn’t be getting the most minutes. Should be getting the least. Pretty simple step 1, 2, 3

I’ll give some leeway that AR isn’t 100%, but still stop being ridiculous.

The more I see this team The more sure I am that we will have a mid-season trade. We have too many good, but not great players that we can package together to get a high level, top 50 player. They're just aren't enough minutes to go around.

Tough part is who do you chunk together.

You give up too many rotational contributors. Or open up too many holes, that can be a bad trade off.

See Kyrie to the Mavs last year. Of course, you take Kyrie if you’re the Mavs, you don’t want to piss off Luka. But they were super thin, and couldn’t withstand rest days or injuries.

The trade would need to be like DLo / Gabe and end of bench guys for a Guard
Or Rui / Prince and end of bench guys for a forward.
I think Center is what it is. And buyout would be the only way to go.

If you look at ringer’s stuff who would potentially be available
-Joel Embiid if they blow it up. But it’d have to be AD going out
-Donovan Mitchell
-Pascal Siakim
-KAT
-James Harden
-Zach Lavine
-Julius Randle
-DeMar DeRozan
-Khris Middleton
- Jerami Grant
(I will never put OG on a list because Raptors will want 87 firsts for him)

And because what some of these salaries are would the team be measurably better with Zach LaVine over DLo, Rui and whoever else they would want outside of Bron, AD and Reaves because the Lakers don’t have a ton of draft capital to ease a deal.

Last edited:
Watch from beginning to end!! Better analysis than first take and undisputed! :lol:

It's as if I'm the one who's talking in the vid!! 😂

Last edited:
Just got done watching the replay. I didn't realize while watching last night that Bron played the entire 4th.

That's... concerning. 🤣😬

The more I see this team The more sure I am that we will have a mid-season trade. We have too many good, but not great players that we can package together to get a high level, top 50 player. They're just aren't enough minutes to go around.

Yup maybe a star gets desperate. Early returns team isn't as good as anticipated.

Those are game by game stats..just proving my point that nobody pays attention when he plays great which is the majority of the time

We know he is good most of the time.

The problem is in order for us to win a championship we need him to play good ALL the time.

It was poorly run by all 4 of them. DLo’s pass would have had to come immediately when he got it, his head was down on the first 2 dribbles. The other time would have to had been a mid dribble pass righty behind Gabe because there wasn’t a good enough angle that would have been a shorty pass. Gabe didn’t give enough spacing to have the angle. AD didn’t trail enough.
By the time the pass actually could have been thrown Okogie would have had a chase down steal or block and then Wood cut off everybody like he was Leroy Jenkins.

They still ended up with points.
Who cares.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
IMG_4820.png

Lakers have 3 of the top 4 (tied) deflectors

Last edited:
We know he is good most of the time.

The problem is in order for us to win a championship we need him to play good ALL the time.
Pointing out the obvious but probably every team’s #1 objective when they play the Lakers is to shut down AD… send doubles and crowd the paint, force him to be a jump shooter.

Combine that with some nights it’s going to be a Lebron game, an Austin game or maybe even a DLo game and that’s where the AD is inconsistent narrative comes from… there are times where he does play passive but I’m not sure if people look at all the factors at play when criticizing him.

Unfortunately the wide variance in shooting seen last night is part of Prince's game. He's a hot n cold guy (but consistently hustles/cuts/vet who won't much dumb stuff). Vando or Rui might be a better regular season minutes eater. Credit to HAM for switching Prince out for more productive guys

The Lakers curse continues. Guys come here and they forget how to shoot
It's been two games... didn't he play like 2 preseason games and shot over 40% from 3 during those games? (Yes I know it's preseason, but before my point gets lost it's only been 2 games)

Gabe is shooting 6/18 for the season overall, but 0/9 on 3... obviously that's pretty bad from 3 BUT it also means he's 6/9 from 2 which is pretty good (not like he's getting a bunch of layups and dunks).

I think the shot will come around, hopefully sooner than later.

Gabe has been better inside the arc than I thought. Wasn't really his game in Miami but I guess he has more room to work with now

Pointing out the obvious but probably every team’s #1 objective when they play the Lakers is to shut down AD… send doubles and crowd the paint, force him to be a jump shooter.

Combine that with some nights it’s going to be a Lebron game, an Austin game or maybe even a DLo game and that’s where the AD is inconsistent narrative comes from… there are times where he does play passive but I’m not sure if people look at all the factors at play when criticizing him.

Is asking him to be more consistent criticism?

Now the national and thier BS, yes. I don't care for anything the national media says about him.

But the consistency issue is valid IMO.

Back
Top Bottom