**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is asking him to be more consistent criticism?

Now the national and thier BS, yes. I don't care for anything the national media says about him.

But the consistency issue is valid IMO.
If and when I'm critical of AD I try to be specific... he's not active on the board, he's settling from jumpers, playing soft, stuff like that. I even think an issue with him is that he defers too much on offense, and that's a valid criticism as well. The other day when AD only got 1 shot I tried pointing out that the guards weren't really looking to get him the ball and someone said I was making an excuse for him lol.

I think he's almost always consistent on defense, and the offense kind of depends. But we should also know that he's not the type of guy that's going to get you 30 a night, which this team doesn't even need with guys like Lebron, Austin, DLo, etc on the roster.

If we want to reduce LeBron’s work load (which makes sense) after should be getting 30 a game.

And we know he can do it.

If we want to reduce LeBron’s work load (which makes sense) after should be getting 30 a game.

And we know he can do it.
There's too many young players who have shown the potential to increase their production that less Lebron has to mean more AD IMO.

Austin and Rui could easily have increased roles on offense. I think Gabe is a better scorer than Dennis. Wood can add some scoring punch off the bench. Still haven't seen what Max can do just yet. Even if Lebron takes a step back from scoring 29 a game to 22-23ppg those guys above should be able to make up that difference.

Not to mention, how does AD score? Using his athleticism and touch around the basket against guys his size or smaller... pick and roll action with guards, getting to the FT line. But unless the jumper comes back around I believe there's going to be a ceiling on how good he can be on offense. AD was never quite a 30 a night guy even when he had a jumper, he's def not going to be that now.

Must say I was impressed with Wood staying in front of Durant. When the opportunity presents itself, I much rather have him switching on defense than relying on him to be the last line of defense.

Is asking him to be more consistent criticism?

Now the national and thier BS, yes. I don't care for anything the national media says about him.

But the consistency issue is valid IMO.

We literally have had Bron, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, not be roller coasters especially in their prime deliver 95+% of the time night in and night out on an All NBA/MVP level.

And somehow it's beyond the pale for the for the fans to have a similar expectation for a guy who's supposed to be the face of a franchise and religiously misses 25% of the games to show up and show out when he's actually on the court. It'd be one thing if he never did it but it did it in New Orleans as well as his first season here. Incredible.

Last edited:
Must say I was impressed with Wood staying in front of Durant. When the opportunity presents itself, I much rather have him switching on defense than relying on him to be the last line of defense.
It worked because you need SIZE and LENGTH to make it harder for Durant to score, not "6'8" Smurfs" like Troy Brown, Rui, Prince, etc.

Need 6'10" - 6'11" guys like Wood, AD, Hayes guarding him, which is why the 2-Big lineup was successful all night long against PHX.

Same approach needs to be applied when facing teams like DEN, BOS, MIL

I'm gonna be saying this on repeat the entire season

Ad put up 30 & 12 with 6 stocks (on 70% TS) yesterday.

So blessed to have him on my favorite team 😍🥰
6 blocks? Steals?

AD is a defensive superstar, and probably as great as an offensive player you can be without an outside shot or ball handling skills to create off the dribble.

It worked because you need SIZE and LENGTH to make it harder for Durant to score, not "6'8" Smurfs" like Troy Brown, Rui, Prince, etc.

Need 6'10" - 6'11" guys like Wood, AD, Hayes guarding him, which is why the 2-Big lineup was successful all night long against PHX.

Same approach needs to be applied when facing teams like DEN, BOS, MIL

I'm gonna be saying this on repeat the entire season
Well let's see what happens when Booker and Beal are back. It helps when the entire defense was ready behind Wood. :lol:

IMG_2175.jpeg

Feel like a broken record, but AD is one of the most elite finishers in the league…but only in the paint. The strategy for every other team in the league is to keep this dude (and LeBron) as far away from the basket as possible. A few really good teams are able to execute that strategy, especially when the Lakers can’t make them pay for leaving perimeter guys wide the hell open.

If AD averages 11 paint touches a game, any game he doesn’t get that many ask yourself why not..

Impressed by wood.

If he can understand the value and impact of what he did last night.

We gonna go far.

He don't need to score to have a GOOD NIGHT and be a CONTRIBUTER

Him and AD on the perimeter switching looked scary.

Team just gonna need reps. It's there.

If and when I'm critical of AD I try to be specific... he's not active on the board, he's settling from jumpers, playing soft, stuff like that. I even think an issue with him is that he defers too much on offense, and that's a valid criticism as well. The other day when AD only got 1 shot I tried pointing out that the guards weren't really looking to get him the ball and someone said I was making an excuse for him lol.

I think he's almost always consistent on defense, and the offense kind of depends. But we should also know that he's not the type of guy that's going to get you 30 a night, which this team doesn't even need with guys like Lebron, Austin, DLo, etc on the roster.

I think the problem is he's comfortable not getting the ball. He's Anthony Davis if people not looking for him he need say something.

I think the problem is he's comfortable not getting the ball. He's Anthony Davis if people not looking for him he need say something.
I saw AD a few times last night visibly annoyed that he didn’t get the ball, so I’m not going to assume he’s okay with a lack of touches. He doesn’t seem like the type to criticize his teammates publicly but behind closed doors we have no idea.

If AD isn’t getting touches, then someone else has to be getting that usage. So shouldn’t some complaints be directed at those people?

I really don't know what the hell yall be watching :lol:. We must be watching different games or something. Imma just enjoy the season and let yall have it
They hate watch the games lol just peep their comments before and during games :lol:
I think some think it's some kind of reverse jinx while others just want to run in here and be like "I told you so!"

They hate watch the games lol just peep their comments before and during games :lol:
I think some think it's some kind of reverse jinx while others just want to run in here and be like "I told you so!"
I told you the Lakers were better running a 2-Big lineup! Last night was 100% pure evidence!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom