**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Still need to see the squad at full strength before deciding on if any trades need to be made, BUT… outside of AD and Bron no one is untouchable on this roster, including AR.

Same. But there's only a handful of guys (who'd be available) come Jan-Feb I'd be willing to put AR on the table for.

Not a fan of a big Lavine trade if Reaves is in it. Mulling over a DDR/Caruso trade though.

Caruso is hand-in-glove. DDR is not. Him and Bron would be a clunky fit (not Rustle bad tho) as they essentially play the same position and have the ball a majority of the time on the floor. However, Derozan is going to give you 20-25 anywhere on earth. Meaning, finally some rest for Bron. He becomes that third scorer and Reaves can become the pseudo starting pg primary ballhandler playmaker which in turn should continue to help his development (with two secondary/fail safes in Bron/DDR)

Start him next to Bron, then pull Bron early in the 1st and 3rd (his old rotations going back to Vogel). One of DDR/AR/AD should be on the court at all times and be able to keep the offense clicking while Bron rests. Run AR/Caruso or Vando/DDR/Bron/AD to end games.

Profit.

I'm probably being an idiot for this but I really like Rui.
I like Rui too... and in any event where the Lakers were to make a trade I think it would be to add some perimeter defense and shooting (sigh)

Would give up Rui, Reaves and a pick for the Lavine/Caruso deal...although I'm not sure about the salaries that would be needed to make the money work off the top of my head.

I like Rui too... and in any event where the Lakers were to make a trade I think it would be to add some perimeter defense and shooting (sigh)

Would give up Rui, Reaves and a pick for the Lavine/Caruso deal...although I'm not sure about the salaries that would be needed to make the money work off the top of my head.

To get Lavine and Caruso

Would need to trade DLo, Rui and Reaves to make it work.

Lakers can only take back $5mil more in salaries because they are hard capped.

Lavine by himself isn’t worth 2 of DLo, Reaves, Gabe and Rui.
And any 2 player to the Lakers deal would have to be DeRozan and Caruso

Well, 6-6 is better than 2-10, lol.
We could have been in 1st place in the our division if we won last night.
We are not even at full strength.
We should be more like 9-3.
Those 1st quarters are killing us.

Man I'm not sure Lavine fills a need, honestly. Seems like a move just to make a move. 👀
He can be a chucker sometimes, too. 👀😬

I mean no one's trade eligible until January anyway. Just throwing **** around seeing what sticks :lol:

I like what DLo brings to the table offensively when he’s playing under control and making good decisions… but I can’t compare his stats as a 3rd option against a dude who’s been a 1/2 option the past few seasons because there’s levels to this game.

Again, Lakers can’t and don’t need to do anything at the moment. Just need everyone healthy and see how that looks for the next couple of months

Might as well play AD in the 1st and 3rd quarters if he’s gonna be a part time employee.

Give Rui those mins and find the extra 10 he needs.

It's Prince :lol:. He should be a deep bench guy that doesn't play every game. You can play Reaves/Russ just not with Prince. Dlo/Reaves/Cam was making a comeback vs sac. Dlo/Reaves/Vando was good in the regular season. Dlo/Reaves/Rui was probably the best playoff lineup. Prince is ok but shouldn't be playing so much especially when vando gets back

Back
Top Bottom