**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Frontcourt minutes are just going to be hard to come by on this team….

Rui normally subs in for Lebron… so he’s not taking minutes away from him. C Wood lineups have been pretty productive against certain types of opponents, so the minutes might not come from there.

I guess you say less Prince BUT that would mean more Lebron at the 3 and let’s be honest…Bron isn’t really interested in rotating on defense and Rui isn’t the guy you want defending on the perimeter as well (plus he’s allergic to rebounding AND a bit of a black hole on offense)

The issue to me is Bron, Rui and probably Wood are all best positioned as power forwards. Seems like it’s generally been coming down to who’s playing better between the Rui and Wood because Bron is going to play as much as he wants.

Not really an issue to me, feels like more the pitchforks are out trying to find any and every reason to hate on Ham.

Zach would take a ton of possessions from AR. Even with staggered lineups. But if you trade DLo for LaVine you have to play AR in the starting lineup because you need a secondary facilitator.

Untitled.png

I think it's just a matter of timing. Getting Lavine and Carushow back is the move to make.

Is it really?

Yes, offense is ***, defense isn't as good, Vando coming back will help with that. If it costs D-Lo and Rui so be it. AD can't be trusted to be a reliable 2 and Kyrie and Donovan aren't likely going to be available as supplements.

If Lavine was already on the team it wouldn't be any better. Issues have been backcourt defense and Dlo/Reaves starting off slow. Lavine has the same problems. If it doesn't fix itself in the next month then yea maybe look into some trades. Until then it's too early and short sighted

If Lavine was already on the team it wouldn't be any better. Issues have been backcourt defense and Dlo/Reaves starting off slow. Lavine has the same problems. If it doesn't fix itself in the next month then yea maybe look into some trades. Until then it's too early and short sighted

Well we can't do anything until Dec 15th anyway so yea we'll get to evaluate. The interest is mutual though and there is a deal to be made there if it doesn't improve.

i'm not very familiar with lavine's game, but does he get to the rim/attack the rim consistently? looking at his shot charts, it doesn't look like he's getting to the rim more than DLo. so not sure what else he would add. he'd be another high volume jump shooter and not sure that's the main laker issue right now.

We know Dlo and Reaves can play better than they have and we know Vando raises the team's ceiling. That's why it's too early for me to think about trades. Haven't even seen the team that was built in the offseason yet

By the way.

LaVine and Caruso would cost DLo, Rui, Gabe and another player.
Or DLo, Rui and AR

(Have to be within $5mil of incoming salaries.

Awful trade.

Caruso replaces Gabe, Lavine > D'Lo. Losing Rui would hurt, but wing minutes are already tough for him to get and that's with all the injuries.

Not awful at all really. The contracts were structured in this very way to make a move if a disgruntled all star caliber player becomes available.

I mean DLo is 48/37 and 18.8/6.6 lowest TO/G in his career

Just too many turnovers from guys who shouldn’t be turning it over.

12 games and the offense is "a**"

Interesting.

I mean we're in the bottom 3rd of the league in pretty much every offensive category.

There's time to improve. But it's been really bad and the defense hasn't been great either so far.

Some guys should be coming back so they'll get a month or month and a half to gel and see if improvements are made.

Back
Top Bottom