**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

D'Lo, Ingram & Lonzo... 3 years straight at #2? What... they only prospecting light skin brothas out there? :lol:

They got Clarkson on the team too. Kobe must be FURIOUS! :lol:
Uh who should the Lakers have selected then in the previous drafts?

MRa6_IRN.jpg

I wonder if instead of us going for PG since we are so confident in getting him in free agency, we go for Butler in a trade this year and circle back to PG in the offseason next summer.
That's the only scenario I would be comfortable in getting rid of DLo, and even then I would be wary of it.
But if we can somehow give Bulls DLo + 28 + filler for Butler then have enough for PG the next offseason would look pretty.

Lonzo
Butler
Ingram
PG
Zu

I don't think Butler is up for a contract extension until 2019 so the money could work once Rob P does his magic.

Last edited:
Jimmy Buckets is in line to get 248 Ms his next contact extension. That's a lot for a guy with as many hard minutes as he's played, but it's for years 29-34 so we maybe could squeeze everything out of him.

That lineup is freaking sick though defensively.

That would honestly be my master plan. It would be a lot of moving parts to make it work but it would be worth it.

I think PG played some PF for the Pacers this past year, not sure how effective he was. The mismatches that lineup would present on offense are scary though. Would be the ultimate small ball lineup. 

PG is not a pf. I don't see those two being a good fit together at all

He isn't a PF and they wouldn't fit that well together at all :lol:

PG even expressed displeasure in playing the 4 in Indiana last season.

The only way PG works is if he slides down to 2 and Russ comes off the bench or is shipped out.

Don't think Butler fits in the type of offense Puke wants to run.

But beggars can't be choosers.

Back
Top Bottom