**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

YAY! 🔥🎉
But... questions:
Why were we even down late to the freaking Raptors?
Also why did we need 97 4th quarter FTs to seal the deal?

Besides center with Poetl being out, the Raptors presented a tough matchup. Active, athletic forwards/wings, fast guards and enough shooting to spread the defense out.

C CP1708 , I'm interested in your thoughts on this response in a sports group on the Book of Face:
Screenshot_20240110_140457_Facebook.jpg

Wait, YOU said that, on FB????

Anyone respond to you? How'd it go? :nerd:
Screenshot_20240110_155930_Facebook.jpg

Don't know if it's matters one way or the other regarding narratives or whatever, but he is a huge Bron fan, YUGE. This entire dialogue is actually in my Laker thread in a sports group on FB, and he only responds in the thread because he's a Bron fan, not a Laker fan at all. He has been '*profanity* the coach!' the whole time Bron's been here.

The coaches we've had have been mediocre though. Frank isn't a stupendous mind, he's a good defensive coach. It doesn't have to be either or, yes the roster is flawed, but every coach we've had post Phil has been a bad/mismatch hire given who was available at that time.

I get "some" of his points on Phil........but he's wrong. (And I fully believe Phil is greatest coach in NBA history) You can't have rotation to a T, and then a guy picks up 2 fouls 90 seconds into the game. Or guy sprains his ankle in the 2nd Q. Or ejections. Or Rodman isn't in the arena. Or Shaq sits out weeks. Or various other injuries etc. Or a guy is struggling so he swaps in another. Phil was great but he also sat there during 22-2 runs picking his fingernails. A week later I saw him call a timeout 10 seconds into a quarter. Folks gotta let go of their narrative that this is assembly line work. How, when you take timeouts doesn't affect players other than resting them. Teams don't lose cuz coach didn't call that timeout with 6 minutes left in the 2nd vs 5:43 left in the 2nd. Players want and need to understand roles, ABSOLUTELY, normalize patterns when you can, sure, it's basketball, not open heart surgery. If DLo is the starter, or the 6th man, or the 10th man, put the ball in the hole. Stop the guy in front of you from doing the same. Be it 15 minutes a night, or 30 minutes a night. DLo can play great on Tuesday, but play like trash on Thursday. Same coach......diff night/opponent/refs/venue etc.

Cut Hayes now!

Edit:
Technically there is an open roster spot now, but I think they want to keep it open in case a trade presents itself.

Back
Top Bottom