**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

For context. It was recorded in Vegas during the IST.

Why it would take a month to drop something that requires minimal production. I have no idea :lol:

Also I can agree. Not everyone needs a podcast, and that’s my guy. KAT has a podcast too, and that’s significantly worse.

Just to clarify though my stance has always been that the only untouchables on the roster is Lebron and AD... I'm in favor of whatever deal can be made to upgrade the roster, and if there isn't a deal then they'll just have to work with the pieces that are available.

Why is a 39 year old untouchable?

Realistically, DLo should still be starting. His value comes in playing with better players as a pnr ballhandler/playmaker and he's a good-great shooter. Add to that, when he starts well, LAL generally plays well. Then you factor in his contract and building on court value when you're actively trying to trade him? You really should optimize that. Ham.

Jake Fischer:
There’s still plenty of doubt among league personnel the Bulls will find an amenable trade partner for LaVine. A team that is both willing to assume the four years and roughly $180 million left on LaVine’s contract and furnish Chicago with preferred pieces who can help the 9th-seeded Bulls keep pace in the Eastern Conference postseason picture has been hard to come by. The franchise that may harbor the most interest in LaVine, the Los Angeles Lakers, could also take themselves out of the running by trading for another difference-maker such as Murray.

Murray has generated a substantial market during preliminary conversations around the league. The Hawks have been considered one of the more aggressive front offices this season, sources said, in terms of teams that have been willing to approach rival executives with actual trade concepts as opposed to general interest in specific players. And at this juncture, to varying degrees, the Lakers, Knicks, Sixers, Heat and Pistons are five suitors expected to engage Atlanta about acquiring Murray over the coming days and weeks before Feb 8.

Los Angeles has continued to tell teams it doesn’t want to part with Austin Reaves, sources said. There does seem to be a pathway for a Murray-to-Los Angeles deal if the Lakers would be willing to include Reaves, sources said, although that would require the Hawks to send back more value for Los Angeles’ liking. Around the league, D’Angelo Russell’s $17 million salary has not been viewed as a valuable trade chip for the Lakers to bolster their roster behind LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

Realistically, DLo should still be starting. His value comes in playing with better players as a pnr ballhandler/playmaker and he's a good-great shooter. Add to that, when he starts well, LAL generally plays well. Then you factor in his contract and building on court value when you're actively trying to trade him? You really should optimize that. Ham.

My point will be this

A DLo trade or an AR trade would not bring back equal value.
Because if you trade either you have to fill a big hole with someone else because Gabe, Cam and Max cannot fill the role.
(if you then trade AR for Murray. You then kind of pigeon hole yourself to DLo as well).

Rui you could use because whether it’s for a 3 or 4. Either fits.

He’s untouchable as some have touched on:
- top 10, even top 5
- revenue, $ale$, etc (ie money maker)
- goat. Just to have on your team is invaluable
- he’s lebron for christ sake lol

I'm enjoying watching you guys zombie climb over each other to explain why a THIRTY NINE YEAR OLD is instrumental to our team/franchise while you struggle to grasp why our team isn't very good. :lol:

Prestige!!
Ticket sales!!
When he retires!!
His agent!!

Fire the coach!!! :rofl:
Trade the younger players!!!

You're doing great fellas. Jeanie loves you.

Back
Top Bottom