**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It’s the Suns but still… numbers are posted for the season here also

Shot hunting/hijacking the offense and piss poor defense… none of these posts show stuff like over helping for no reason and giving up game winners/wide open threes. We can be honest with what we’re seeing, this is a bench player, not a star. Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams carved out nice careers providing instant offense off the bench.

Hayward at this point in his career is a 3/4… just like Prince, Bron, Rui and Vando.

He wouldn’t be taking away minutes from Cam because he can’t do what Reddish does and that’s take on the best offensive guards from the opposing team. If anything the hope should be for Max to step up and take that role but I still don’t think he’s physical enough yet to be the full time starter…but he should play!
Prince can play 2-3. Don’t think Cams defense is needed at this point with the trade-offs of poor shooting, terrible TO’s, and no other production. Lakers one of the worst offenses in the league, Need to improve offense

Last edited:
It’s the Suns but still… numbers are posted for the season here also

Shot hunting/hijacking the offense and piss poor defense… none of these posts show stuff like over helping for no reason and giving up game winners/wide open threes. We can be honest with what we’re seeing, this is a bench player, not a star. Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams carved out nice careers providing instant offense off the bench.

I didn’t really see shot hunting/hijacking.. Reaves shot the ball 7 times in 30+
Minutes. Phoenix shot nearly 50% vs Lakers so 55% ain’t really crazy. We’ll documented that Reaves defense is trash, other option is DLo which is the same story

Prince can play 2-3. Don’t think Cams defense isn’t needed at this point with the trade-offs of poor shooting, terrible TO’s, and no other production. Lakers one of the worst offenses in the league, Need to improve offense
Well depending on the team seems like a lot of nights Cam is going to get the assignment of the best guard regardless of position… Vando might take the other wing and Austin would get the lowest perimeter threat. I think against the Suns he was on Allen for example. But, doesn’t really matter much because the Lakers are switching so he’s easy to find with a simple guard/guard screen

So now we taking what Ham says as gospel? 😂

Do we need to pull up receipts of some of the ridiculous things he’s said in the past… AD shoot 6 threes a game, his plan to stop Joker is to catch him leaving the house and kidnap him, etc

Come on now
You putting words in my mouth. Where did I say what Ham says is gospel? All im saying is....No matter the receipts or what we all think of Ham, he still has more cred in NBA circles than you and I.

And if Ham thinks AR has star qualities or is a "future star" in this league, then that holds more weight than what you think.

And gues what....when it comes to his thoughts about AR being a future all star, I actually agree with Ham

Last edited:
I didn’t really see shot hunting/hijacking.. Reaves shot the ball 7 times in 30+
Minutes. Phoenix shot nearly 50% vs Lakers so 55% ain’t really crazy. We’ll documented that Reaves defense is trash, other option is DLo which is the same story
Not just talking about one game in terms of shot selection…

Also, hear a lot talk about Lakers giving up wide open threes and it must be the scheme! Well we don’t know what the scheme is, but we do know that our perimeter defenders get beat off the dribble and then the helpers have to rotate… now sometimes after one pass the Lakers are fine but it’ll eventually get to where Bron is supposed to rotate and we all know what happens (or what DOESNT happen) next

Well depending on the team seems like a lot of nights Cam is going to get the assignment of the best guard regardless of position… Vando might take the other wing and Austin would get the lowest perimeter threat. I think against the Suns he was on Allen for example. But, doesn’t really matter much because the Lakers are switching so he’s easy to find with a simple guard/guard screen
Think this proves the point that Cams defense is not needed in the starting lineup, since it’s so easy to switch with a guard/guard screen. The 0/0/0/0/0 Cam provided was not helpful

You putting words in my mouth. Qhere dis I say what Ham says is gospel? All im saying is....No matter the receipts or what we all think of Ham, he still has more cred in NBA circles than you and I.

And if Ham thinks AR has star qualities or is a "future star" in this league, then that holds more weight than what you think.

And gues what....when it comes to his thoughts about AR being a future all star, I actually agree with Ham
So we pick and choose when Ham’s words hold weight based on if it supports our own opinion?

Got it.

He’s a coach, and he also talks/hypes up his own players…call it motivation, instilling confidence, whatever you want. Mostly just coach talk, you’ve been on the sidelines before right?

So we pick and choose when Ham’s words hold weight based on if it supports our own opinion?

Got it.

He’s a coach, and he also talks/hypes up his own players…call it motivation, instilling confidence, whatever you want. Mostly just coach talk, you’ve been on the sidelines before right?
Pick and choose? No buddy, you claimed AR don't have star qualities, I showed you what an NBA coach said about him.

Want me to also "pick and choose" what Steve Kerr said about AR during the summer?

Coach talk or not, these guys' opinions have more street cred in the league than you and I. That's the bottom line.

You ever played high school basketball or played in college?

Last edited:
Think this proves the point that Cams defense is not needed in the starting lineup, since it’s so easy to switch with a guard/guard screen. The 0/0/0/0/0 Cam provided was not helpful
I missed that game 😂 the last full game he played vs Toronto I believe he hit 4 threes and outscored AR.

And yes it’s easy to manipulate the defense and get the matchup you want, but it’s also easier if you have the matchup you want in the first place. Sometimes you get guards who don’t necessarily want to operate of the screen game… but bottom line is I’m not advocating for more Cam. I think if Max continues to play well he will earn more trust and get more minutes. But regardless we’re talking about a min contract guy vs a second round pick… neither are the sole reason why this team has been struggling.

Why do yall even debate with him :lol:

Jaxon Hayes is arguably the worst center in the league and he spent the whole offseason making cases for him. He ain’t gonna listen to you.
😂 I’m just trying not to be rude wherever someone @ me…

I mean if we have to pull rank on opinions I’ll just leave this here and move on
IMG_0190.jpeg

Now we’ve gone from being a stAR to having stAR qualities… those goalposts be a moving!!! 😂

Why do yall even debate with him :lol:

Jaxon Hayes is arguably the worst center in the league and he spent the whole offseason making cases for him. He ain’t gonna listen to you.
Bruh, dont be mad you took 10th place in the NT fantasy football league :lol:

I get it though, y'all beginners probably think I don't know my xxxx when it comes to sports.

Just know that I used to write on the Lakers web site and on Fox Sports many many years ago. And yes, that's a subtle flex.

All to the good brotha!

Screenshot_20240113_130617_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Bruh, dont be mad you took 10th place in the NT fantasy football league :lol:

I get it though, y'all beginners probably think I don't know my xxxx when it comes to sports.

Just know that I used to write on the Lakers web site and on Fox Sports many many years ago. And yes, that's a subtle flex.

All to the good brotha!

Screenshot_20240113_130617_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

A lot of writers say dumb **** so that means nothing to me :lol: Fox sports who is proudly featuring savants like Skip Bayless.

And really you got hurt to the point you had to pull up NT fantasy football rankings? :rofl:

That was my smallest buy in league this year, I came up positive in the thousands in all the money I invested in fantasy this season so I’ll be alright.

For the record, I LIKE AUSTIN REAVES! 😂

He’s a good player that I think is coming to his own and really kinda testing the limits of what he can be in the league and I can understand that.

I do want him to get back to being a more well-rounded player, because I think he’s way better at it than what he’s showing on court this season. And if he wants to still spread his wings a bit than accept the 6th man role (and get DLo back in the starting lineup).

A lot of writers say dumb **** so that means nothing to me :lol: Fox sports who is proudly featuring savants like Skip Bayless.

And really you got hurt to the point you had to pull up NT fantasy football rankings? :rofl:

That was my smallest buy in league this year, I came up positive in the thousands in all the money I invested in fantasy this season so I’ll be alright.
Nah I never get hurt. But I love to go back n forth as you can tell.

Foxsprts.com, btw, did not extend my contract because I was way too controversial.

Dudes over there couldn't handle the heat back in 2005-08 just like the ones here who click the ignore button :lol:

He’s a good player that I think is coming to his own and really kinda testing the limits of what he can be in the league and I can understand that.

I do want him to get back to being a more well-rounded player, because I think he’s way better at it than what he’s showing on court this season. And if he wants to still spread his wings a bit than accept the 6th man role (and get DLo back in the starting lineup).
I like it. This time you're making sense.

I do want him to get back to being a more well-rounded player, because I think he’s way better at it than what he’s showing on court this season. And if he wants to still spread his wings a bit then accept the 6th man role (and get DLo back in the starting lineup).
Lakers were on a rough losing stretch and Reaves change in the starting lineup stopped the bleeding. Don’t think he cares about coming off the bench, probably better for DLos mental to start again as he’s publicly saying he doesn’t like his role and not being utilized correctly

Back
Top Bottom