**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I need the Robfather to pull this one off for the state of Laker nation

Screenshot_20240112_231415_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_231453_Samsung Internet.jpg

On the basis of this. AR, JHS and a 1st gets you Murray (need the extra salary)

Rui and Hayes, a couple seconds May get you Hunter or Capella

Hope he reaches the buyout market

If Lakers can stay far enough away from the Hard Cap. They can offer $1.8mil more than teams who can only offer the prorated minimum.

So if he reaches, he’d have a role and an extra $1.8mil. I like the odds.

Got a feeling most buyout players will likely go to premier contenders than to Lakers (ie DAL, LAC, PHI, MIL)

Obviously doesn’t visit NT I’ve been saying this for a while lol but was told you can’t spell stAR without the…

Top 10 in All Star voting at the guard position, and the most highly coveted Laker trade asset.

In fact, he's been deemed "untouchable" by some sources lol

Get with the program buddy

I said this way back in the summer, the entirety of our fortunes were dependent on AR leveling up again. He's been decent, and still our 3rd best player but the trajectory has kinda flattened out.

Just curious, how do you guys think Gordon could help this team? And have you watched him at all in 2023-24?
He will help the 2nd unit, he's a veteran who has a chip on his shoulder, and for $1.8 mm on a buyout, why not?

We need more high quality vets on this team, especially off the bench, and Hayward would give you 10-13 points a night on spot minutes off the bench.

He'd be an outstanding get on the cheap for the Lakers

And if Gordon is going to help this team off the bench with his scoring, I’m assuming you guys want Rui traded… because isn’t that what his job is on this team right now?

Fan votes.

LMAO
So.....

Whose opinion would the average person rather believe, someone who is actually employed by the Lakers and been working in the NBA for over two decades, or yours?

LMAO

Go ahead and keep downplaying the kid. I bet you if the Lakers do decide to trade him, they get an All-Star level player in return. This alone would tell tell you what level player and what type of rep AR has around the league.

I said this way back in the summer, the entirety of our fortunes were dependent on AR leveling up again. He's been decent, and still our 3rd best player but the trajectory has kinda flattened out.
There’s not really much leveling up to do on a team with Lebron and AD, because there’s a clear hierarchy that’s been established… run the offense through AD, let Bron do Bron things and everyone else get in where you fit in. For Austin, I think he’s added some things to his game this season like an improved pull up three but even that for example, how many of those shots do you want him taking with AD and Bron on the floor?

He’s a really good role player… but if we’re talking leveling up and being a star type player, eh. Feel pretty confident in saying that most, if not all stars normally can not be defended 1 on 1… that’s why stars catch schemes. Watching Austin play a lot of times he’ll need a screen to get separation against his defender, or a screen to get the switch against like a big (to draw Jabroni fouls)… and hey, it works lol can’t be too mad at that but there’s just a limit that I see what him based on physical ability and skill set.

Hayward a good vet, nearly 15/5/5 this year, but fit isn’t ideal. Doesn’t shoot many 3s, not running the floor, okay defender. Any minutes he’d take from reddish would be a blessing though

He will help the 2nd unit, he's a veteran who has a chip on his shoulder, and for $1.8 mm on a buyout, why not?

We need more high quality vets on this team, especially off the bench, and Hayward would give you 10-13 points a night on spot minutes off the bench.

He'd be an outstanding get on the cheap for the Lakers
He's better than Cam.

So.....

Whose opinion would the average person rather believe, someone who is actually employed by the Lakers and been working in the NBA for over two decades, or yours?

LMAO

Go ahead and keep downplaying the kid. I bet you if the Lakers do decide to trade him, they get an All-Star level player in return. This alone would tell tell you what level player and what type of rep AR has around the league.

So now we taking what Ham says as gospel? 😂

Do we need to pull up receipts of some of the ridiculous things he’s said in the past… AD shoot 6 threes a game, his plan to stop Joker is to catch him leaving the house and kidnap him, etc

Come on now

They don't want to carry a third max on the team (understandablely), but he is the guard to uplift the offense.
I’m not making a case of Lavine BUT a guy was a legit 1 (maybe 2 between him and DDR) option and still putting up 25 ppg would feast on the type of coverages he see playing next to AD and Bron.

Hayward a good vet, nearly 15/5/5 this year, but fit isn’t ideal. Doesn’t shoot many 3s, not running the floor, okay defender. Any minutes he’d take from reddish would be a blessing though
Hayward at this point in his career is a 3/4… just like Prince, Bron, Rui and Vando.

He wouldn’t be taking away minutes from Cam because he can’t do what Reddish does and that’s take on the best offensive guards from the opposing team. If anything the hope should be for Max to step up and take that role but I still don’t think he’s physical enough yet to be the full time starter…but he should play!

Murray’s a 40% 3 point shooter that’s a high level defender and can make plays for others if he needs to. And he’s cheaper/healthier than Zach.

Back
Top Bottom