**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I dont see them winning 2 of the next 6. Morale is low and something needs to happen asap. If FO allows the free fall w/o any repercussions to spoiled ham, then why we even watchin

All this time I thought that was the NCAA
You thought wrong buddy!

Somebody needs to get these grown xxx men to execute and perform.

Just like in the real world in a real job. This xxxx ain't fantasy basketball. This team with talent that just played in the WCF not too long ago been UNDERACHIEVIN all year. That's 50% at minimum on the leadership

#DoYourPart
#FulfillYourRole
#DoYourJob
#FireHam

Last edited:
At some point Ham gotta call a damn timeout to regroup or at least sub some players out. Nets went on a run and Ham was just watching like us

Barely any teams practice (due to hectic schedule) so I don't think get it. Everybody is aching during the season too, not just the Lakers.

Bron was 3/11 in the second half, with more turnovers than assists… DLo disappeared and #MyAR pretty much was a no show all game.

#DoYourJob
#CoachCantSaveYou
#bARbecuechicken

Last edited:
Bron was 3/11 in the second half, with more turnovers than assists… DLo disappeared and #MyAR pretty much was a no show all game.

#DoYourJob
#CoachCantSaveYou
#bARbecuechicken
Have you watched their horrendous offense?

Who's in charge of scheming his players into positions to succeed?

Put any 5 players in Ham's system and they'll look just like how they look now.

You think BOS would be in first place if Ham coached the Celtics? You think HiP would know how to utilize JT, JB,KP, AH and JH if he had em or you think he'd have them playing the way LA plays? You think he'd know how to adjust to the talent he has or no? LOL

#ThinkForaSec

Last edited:
When they have losses like this, it is more often than not that they just stop running set offense. They become Bron centric iso team, and it slowly devolves from there.

Go quarter by quarter and just see what was being run. Who was with the ball. What they ran(if anything) Because what was there in Q1 just died by Quarter 3.
I said it early and I’ll say it again. The 3rd scorer will always have one of the worst roles in the NBA. And why whether it’s DLo, AR, Dejounte or Lavine. Their numbers are relatively capped over the long haul.

Last edited:
Have you watched their horrendous offense?

Who's in charge of scheming his players into positions to succeed?

Put any 5 players in Ham's system and they'll look just like how they look now.

You think BOS would be in first place if Ham coached the Celtics? You think HiP would know how to utilize JT, JB,KP, AH and JH if he had em or you think he'd have them playing the way LA plays? You think he'd know how to adjust to the talent he has or no? LOL

#ThinkForaSec
🤣

Role players need schemes, not stars… cmon buddy.

Players playing like **** on both ends, let’s start there and stop with the deflecting. Hold them accountable, maybe they’ll play better.

Coaching is meh
You can’t be a defensive team when Lebron don’t play no D
They can’t shoot. At all

This team just isn’t that good and again that in tournament bs was just that lol

🤣

Role players need schemes, not stars… cmon buddy.

Players playing like **** on both ends, let’s start there and stop with the deflecting. Hold them accountable, maybe they’ll play better.
ADVERTISEMENT​

Oh really? Remember when Magic got Westhead fired in 81 after Westhead had just led the Lakers to the chip in 80? What happened after Riles took over?

All the role players were playing average amd Lakers were not playing to their potential. Then Riles comes in and instills a gotdam identity. Defense. Rebounding. Intensity. Stamina. He blended a defensive philosophy with the Showtime fast breaking talent he had.

don't you know that life always seems to repeat itself?

Ham = Del Harris

and we all know Lakers didn't win a chip til Harris was gone because Harris didn't know what to do with a talent laden lineup that featured Prime Shaq, Eddie Jones, Nick Van exel, Horry, Fox, Elden, Jerome Kersey, Fisher, Kobe, Byron, etc etc. Brought Phil in and Phil COACHES THEM to a an chip with damn near the same squad.

Last edited:
I wonder why the second half stunk

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5929.jpeg

When they have losses like this, it is more often than not that they just stop running set offense. They become Bron centric iso team, and it slowly devolves from there.
I don’t know if I’ll rewatch this game, BUT it does feel at times when teams are overly aggressive with their perimeter defense the Laker guards don’t handle it well so LBJ ends up being the only reliable option in those scenarios.

Go quarter by quarter and just see what was being run. Who was with the ball. What they ran(if anything) Because what was there in Q1 just died by Quarter 3.

So is this on the coaching or is it on the players ? 🤔 :emoji_eyes:
:lol:

I don’t know if I’ll rewatch this game, BUT it does feel at times when teams are overly aggressive with their perimeter defense the Laker guards don’t handle it well so LBJ ends up being the only reliable option in those scenarios.
Locker room, halftime:
"What is the best way to beat teams that play us like this, coach?"

Ham:

There’s something to that.

But that’s where it’s up to the players (up and down the roster not just the guards) and coach to not get frazzled. Call the plays, keep calling them. Team has enough talent to make it work and eventually break down another team.
AD has so much gravity as the roller to break up aggressive attack defense because either the guy goes under or goes over and you combat with that. Set drag screens to make the defense rotate. DLo’s ability to pass it cross court to an open shooter off the drag led to a bunch of open shots in previous games. Bron is fully capable of the same read. And if it’s not there. There’s always 2 or 3 plays off the drag screens where the defense miscommunicates and AD can slip for an easy dunk.

But where they are all the way out on iso centric ball is that LeBron is a calculation player. So there’s a lot of standing in the triple threat and just seeing what the defense will do. And it’s fine if they revert to that from time to time. He’s LeBron James. But when it’s minimal ball movement and hey I gotta toss up this shot because we’re desperate that’s when they blow it. Or no getting guys open off ball. No filling in gaps on the D.

Austin having a 12 usage rate and DLo having a 10 usage rate in the second half is something that isn’t coincidence to the final score.
Especially when you look at what they were the 5 games prior.

Back
Top Bottom