**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

essential1 essential1

Sounds good and all but when Bron (or any star for that matter) decides that’s how they want to play that way it is what it is…

Absolutely. That’s the frustrating part. The team certainly isn’t where it should be. But a handful of wins and losses (much more losses at this point) are LeBron saying yeah I’m done. I’m doing what I want from here out tonight, and if he isn’t dominating, everybody else gets sucked into the vortex.

It’s why I laugh at the get a 3rd scorer trade stuff , as opposed to getting whoever can spread the wealth as much as possible 1-10. And find the building blocks that fit. I have player A, so I need a player B type moves.
Murray and Lavine won’t get the same touches and looks they do as 1/2 scorer. Bron/AD era has had 1 guy shoot over 13 shots a game. Westbrook. Who absolutely doesn’t care, he’s firing up shots. And that’s the last thing they need.
Murray shots it 17 times. Same as Bron and AD. That number will drastically decrease. AR shoots it 10 times. DLo 12.
Calculate the games where Murray shoots 15 or less shots on the Hawks. 15.6 points on 14 shots a game.
Games like tonight are dumpster fires that teach almost nothing because nothing will be learned.

This.

Lebron ain’t guarding no one either… Prince tries but he’s being asked to guard guys way out of his pay grade. Vando can’t play more than 15-20 minutes without killing the offense. Wood and Rui are just inconsistent dudes…

IDC what formation on offense you want to use… 5 out, 4 out, etc. If your guards can’t get into the paint consistently then the offense will never be great unless they’re just hitting an above average amount of jumpers

Last edited:
No matter what we think or say, this team is broken goods.

Time to shake things up if you ain't gonna fire the coach. Let the players be accountable for winning since it's mostly on them anyway. Coach is just there to watch the game with his hands in his pockets and call timeouts whenever he feels like it.

#Blockbuster
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-20-2024_1-04-30AM.png

Last edited:
Lol, it's kind of funny. I went to bed when the Lakers were up nine at the end of the first quarter (I'm on the East Coast) and I wake up to see that they got blown out.

When does the season start again?

We didn't have 1 player post a positive +/-.
They only had 1 player post a negative +/- (and he only played 5 minutes).

AR15 is not a starter.
I don't know what sites you all use to access this kind of thing, but what's our record with AR15 in the SLU?

Our defensive scheme is horrid.

Way too many fake traps that ant competent player can get the ball out of and then we scramble leaving players open for wide open 3's.

1st qtr Nets missed a ton of shots, then they couldn't miss. Some off the shots were bad shots but they went in.

We still have flaws but that second half isn't really what this team is.

Still gotta make trades. Still gotta hope we can find 1 shooter.

Sorry folks this ain’t on “the scheme”… it’s all #MyAR

Does Austin look like he’s helping on the drive? Nope he’s just standing in no man’s land. Barely moving and then as soon as the ball is passed to his man he has an “Oh ***” moment but it’s too late… and we’ve seen this time after time with him. He’s just bad on and off ball, low IQ stuff. Not in position to help, nor to guard the shooter. And it happens way too often with this guy.

Our defensive scheme is horrid.

Way too many fake traps that ant competent player can get the ball out of and then we scramble leaving players open for wide open 3's.

1st qtr Nets missed a ton of shots, then they couldn't miss. Some off the shots were bad shots but they went in.

We still have flaws but that second half isn't really what this team is.

Still gotta make trades. Still gotta hope we can find 1 shooter.
We double on damn near EVERYTHING! Thats why teams hit so many 3s.

We double on damn near EVERYTHING! Thats why teams hit so many 3s.
And why do you need to double guys?

Laker perimeter players after almost every game:
1705768870070.gif

So either AD and Bron have to bebe otherworldly w/ contributions from the bench players OR 1 of them can have an average game but DLo/Austin have to step up… and the problem with that it’s mostly jumpers or flukey fouls, nothing where you can count on more than maybe 15-18 a night. Sometimes you need your 3rd best player to play like a #2, but neither of the guards are good enough to consistently give you that

Was TP a starter with Minny?
Nope, he’s not a starting caliber 3… but he starts here out of necessity.

Going into the season it was supposed to be a competition between Vando and Rui, but injuries and Prince being a reliable shooter/better on ball perimeter defender I guess is why he earned the spot…

Sorry folks this ain’t on “the scheme”… it’s all #MyAR

Does Austin look like he’s helping on the drive? Nope he’s just standing in no man’s land. Barely moving and then as soon as the ball is passed to his man he has an “Oh ***” moment but it’s too late… and we’ve seen this time after time with him. He’s just bad on and off ball, low IQ stuff. Not in position to help, nor to guard the shooter. And it happens way too often with this guy.
AR defense is trash and been trash, but this isn’t a good example.

He is in help position:
IMG_4027.jpeg

This contest is like 0.1 seconds late and not bad :lol:
IMG_4026.jpeg

Plenty of terrible defense examples from AR, this wasn’t the one to pick on

Lol, it's kind of funny. I went to bed when the Lakers were up nine at the end of the first quarter (I'm on the East Coast) and I wake up to see that they got blown out.

When does the season start again?
Season ain't starting (as long as they serving Ham Sandwiches at the Crypt)

Back
Top Bottom