**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

655cc817c351abc7bc746c86.jpg

Austin f'd up here.

Stop freaking helping and stay with your man!!!

Yo Ham, you coaching your team and advising your young players during timeouts or what? Dumbxxxxx don't understand that Jokic is Magic Johnson.

Idiots.

I was against it prior, but I wish they could've made the DJM move. Hell, some edge ones too. Last night showed the importance of it.

Denver has times where their are no weak links. Their worst defender nightly is Murray, but he can easily be their best player too. MPJ can be lacking, but he can also be a flamethrower. KCP/Gordon are going to be solid at both ends and play whatever role well. Jokic is Jokic. They remind me of those awfully boring but incredibly solid Spurs teams. It's going to be tough.

You're basically asking 39y/o Bron/AD to be more explosive nightly than Murray/Jokic and your others to match KCP/MPJ/Gordon. Now without Bruce Brown and a diminished bench, they maybe a little easier to deal with this year, but 2nd year Braun/Reggie/Strawther/Peyton Watson aren't slouches.

Going to be looking real sweepish unless DLo is basically 20ppg. And if that happens, AR/Rui aren't near 20ppg. You add Ben-****ty and Robin Lopez maybe it helps a bit. But it's gon be tough.

Austin f'd up here.

Stop freaking helping and stay with your man!!!

Yo Ham, you coaching your team and advising your young players during timeouts or what? Dumbxxxxx don't understand that Jokic is Magic Johnson.

Idiots.

Thought this was pretty much the dagger. MPJ wide-open in his spot cause AR trying to get a steal. AR bricked a couple shots either before or after this too. Loss wasn't his fault, but these were untimely mistakes.

Denver got our number. Murray always goes off, had no one to slow him down. Jokic wasn't even playing great (for him), Aaron Gordon has the Vando role of playing good defense and nothing on offense

I thought it was a worthwile gamble. There was like a 80% the Lakers were going to lose anyways if the Lakers played the possession straight up, basket or not. If AR steals the ball and gets a layup then it's a three point game with a minute left. He didn't and MPJ made the jumper, so it upped to like a 99% loss.

I thought it was a worthwile gamble. There was like a 80% the Lakers were going to lose anyways if the Lakers played the possession straight up, basket or not. If AR steals the ball and gets a layup then it's a three point game with a minute left. He didn't and MPJ made the jumper, so it upped to like a 99% loss.
While I agree, there's too many times Lakers are helping in general and AR is one of the big perpetrators. Jokic ain't really in great position past the free throw line to do much, would wait until Joker puts the ball on the floor and focuses on posting up or backing down AD before going for a steal. Lakers just over-help, becoming a problem

I thought ad outplayed jokic yesterday too.
They’re obviously the better team, but man I feel like they hit the most luckiest shots right before the shot clock against us everytime :smh:

While I agree, there's too many times Lakers are helping in general and AR is one of the big perpetrators. Jokic ain't really in great position past the free throw line to do much, would wait until Joker puts the ball on the floor and focuses on posting up or backing down AD before going for a steal. Lakers just over-help, becoming a problem
This. This. This.

That's why it always leads to #coaching at the end of the day

Bottoming line: this is on Ham and his staff.

Dallas has beaten us at the buzzer in Staples the last two years due to over-helping. What has Ham done to correct it?

Absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom