**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I can’t believe we let Phil Handy go. We can’t be that stupid. It must’ve been so that he can get a chance to land a HC gig somewhere

IMG_1335.jpeg

God we should have traded him what a waste.

I mean for what was available for him, Lakers probably would have missed the playoffs.

Also because he opts out also doesn’t mean he’s not back either. Opting in doesn’t make sense for him. He would be a prime candidate for a draft day trade to a team he wouldn’t want to play for and then have to seek a deal a year from now.

This is what he meant when he said he had leverage even if it never felt like.

Also him opting out and having the Lakers come to the table if they want to keep him or not lose him for nothing decreases the chance of a disaster Trae Young trade.
Not having the assets or certainty would scare them away quick.

There was no available trade worth it. Especially with a first round pick attached.

This rather let his bum *** walk than give up a pick to get rid of him. He doesn't have value around the league really regardless so will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets.

I think this is DLo trying to use leverage and the threat of leaving to drive up his asking price with the Lakers…
Don't even know who this reporter is, but if you look at the teams with cap space, the Magic and Spurs are the teams with point guard holes.

Back
Top Bottom