**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lavine would fit as well as Westbrook did.
(No, their games aren't the same. That's not what I said.)

This guy has better footwork than people give him credit for. His ability to move his feet in the perimeter and recover to block shots in the paint when guards penetrate is solid. Edey will thrive in the NBA.

If Edey is available at #17 and Lakers draft Bronny instead of Edey, then I’m done with Pelinka.

The way Luka posts up and wears down the defender makes me wish we got Murray switched on Lebron a few times each quarter.

Just 2-3 post ups each quarter would have tired out Murray’s legs for those 4th quarter game winners smh

I like Filipowski more.
I doubt Filipowski will still be available by the time the Lakers pick. I like him because he plays the 4 and 5 but we already got that in CWood.

And a part of me feels like he could be the next Kaminsky. They both had very similar numbers in college and they’re both almost exactly the same size and style of play.

What we need is a big bodied true center. Doesn’t even matter that Edey can’t stretch the floor cause that’s not the reason the Lakers would pick him. He’s there to free up AD from having to defend the paint all by himself 24-7. That has more weight and impact than his inability to shoot the three. A great coach would know how to make it work.

Edey has raw skills and footwork that you don’t see from 7’4” big men nowadays. And that kind of size doesn’t grow on trees.

With all the bigs on Min, Dal, Bos, Wemby, Hou emerging, and the rest of the big West, Lakers are gonna need to beef up.

Last edited:

cfj9m.gif

Zach's value is soooooo low CHI is going to have to attach an asset to get off him.

Can't get around that $43 million next year and coming off surgery, but if they're willing to attach a pick and/or a player :emoji_eyes:

Zach's value is soooooo low CHI is going to have to attach an asset to get off him.

Can't get around that $43 million next year and coming off surgery, but if they're willing to attach a pick and/or a player :emoji_eyes:

Problem with Bulls attaching a player to LaVine Lakers would need to attach another salary.

If DLo were to opt in. It’s DLo, Gabe, Rui for Zach. Super thin team with 3 guys you have a lot of worry about injury for. And very little ways to fill out the team.

If they threw in Caruso and Lakers sent over 1 pick. Either Vando or Reaves has to go to as well per CBA rules because LA couldn’t take back salary.

And if they attach pick instead of players, it is meaningless in the short term of LeBron’s window unless you’re using them with trading AR or Vando for a <$10mil player.

Way too high of a salary for that risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom