**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

YARN | We're sitting there like idiots... | Seinfeld (1989) - S07E11 The  Rye | Video gifs by quotes | 1aae0cb7 | 紗

we
are
all
complicit

This is a bitter pill to swallow. But this isn’t the Lakers we once grew up watching and loving. Aside from prior history and success, they aren’t the appealing head coaching destination they think they are.

Low key they need someone who brings back respectability and credibility to the organization. But unless Lebron leaves, they’re better suited for a short term coach for Lebrons last season or two since they want to be tied to the hip with him.

I would’ve liked the Hurley hire. But the timing wasn’t right. That’s the type of move you make after Lebron is gone and you give him the multi year stability to build his program.

Told y’all 😂

“Somebody was lying… I smelled somebody lying… I never saw no fire”

It was clear as day what this play was from Hurley/Woj. Never trust that man lol.

This is embarrassing. As much as a die hard Laker fan I am (and will continue to be) it may be time to emotionally step back until Rob & Jeanie are gone.

Next season will be so much fuuuuuun 😂

bad look for the buss fam....sell the team
but Hurley goofed here...more money in his pockets...move to LA...and can return to any college program he wanted to at any point he gets fired
he goofed

Not exactly sure how this is embarrassing but okay lol…

Gave it a shot to try and lore the most current successful college coach away from his position, he considered but declined.

Not exactly sure how this is embarrassing but okay lol…

Gave it a shot to try and lore the most current successful college coach away from his position, he considered but declined.

Oh it's fosure embarrassing this will be like the 3rd consecutive time where they've publically had a HC as their top choice but have had to settle for their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice because they are cheap.

This one was such a seeming pivot in philosophy and forward thinking that it looked like they were trying to make a cultural change and that's all out the window as well.

Now it's back to square one.

It’s a byproduct of the Lakers not being the the prize they once were yet still think they are.

Constant roster turnover outside of your stars. And I’m not talking a few tweaks, but damn near overhauling the roster regularly. Constantly firing coaches after 2 seasons. I don’t know how they can expect guys to buy in or show any type of commitment to the organization when they’ve proven that aside from Lebron and AD, they’ll cut everyone loose in a heartbeat at the slightest hint of adversity.

Like no willingness to stay the course. You’re not going to win a championship every year. Doesn’t mean tear it down and trade everyone and fire the coach each time. Like what a joke.

It's perceived to be an indictment on out current reputation as an organization. We struggle to get FA's and can't keep a coach.

Who are these free agents this decade that the Lakers wanted and missed out on besides Kawhi? (for obvious reasons)

And the Lakers not keeping a coach for extended periods of time is by choice.

If he’s your guy to build a culture, create a program, develop young players FOR THE LONG TERM, then make an offer he can’t refuse and give him the keys. The offer was weak imo.

I guess Jeanie accomplished one positive thing today, the Lakers are the number 1 story and Boston isn’t

Oh it's fosure embarrassing this will be like the 3rd consecutive time where they've publically had a HC as their top choice but have had to settle for their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice because they are cheap.

This one was such a seeming pivot in philosophy and forward thinking that it looked like they were trying to make a cultural change and that's all out the window as well.

Now it's back to square one.
Again, how is it SO EMBARRASSING that you couldn’t lore away something who’s in a perfect position in their current place of employment? Just because someone is YOUR top choice does not make you THEIR top priority lol… now if he said no to LA just to leave and sign with Charlotte that would be embarrassing.

If he’s your guy to build a culture, create a program, develop young players FOR THE LONG TERM, then make an offer he can’t refuse and give him the keys. The offer was weak imo.
Where would 6 years $70 mil place him compared to other coaches in the league?

Back
Top Bottom