**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

👀

It’s almost as if everyone knows the Lakers Brass are fools… how could you not see that.

They been floating around waiting for someone to save them cuz they don’t have it in themselves. It’s been a wrap since Dr. Buss died.

And we don’t wanna have the real conversation about how Pelinka accidentally fell backwards into that 2020 squad people constantly obsess over like an old girlfriend.

Lakers reminds me a lot of America … but let me stop 😂😂

let-down-malcom-in-the-middle.gif

I wouldn't say embarrassing but it stings.

I'm sure another dark horse candidate will emerge.

Hurley was on no ones radar 2 weeks ago.

Just gotta sit back and let it play out, its not like any of us have any say anyways.

It’s a byproduct of the Lakers not being the the prize they once were yet still think they are.

Constant roster turnover outside of your stars. And I’m not talking a few tweaks, but damn near overhauling the roster regularly. Constantly firing coaches after 2 seasons. I don’t know how they can expect guys to buy in or show any type of commitment to the organization when they’ve proven that aside from Lebron and AD, they’ll cut everyone loose in a heartbeat at the slightest hint of adversity.

Like no willingness to stay the course. You’re not going to win a championship every year. Doesn’t mean tear it down and trade everyone and fire the coach each time. Like what a joke.
Oh this man preachin right here

Again, how is it SO EMBARRASSING that you couldn’t lore away something who’s in a perfect position in their current place of employment? Just because someone is YOUR top choice does not make you THEIR top priority lol… now if he said no to LA just to leave and sign with Charlotte that would be embarrassing.

Cause they're cheap at the end of the day and they'll again have to settle for someone else. It's not rocket science.

They should have minimum offered him 15 mil a season.

If Hurley was sitting on the couch with no offers and still turned us down, that would be embarrassing.

He's got a good thing going at UCONN it was always gonna be hard to pry him away from that.

Ya'll just in your feelings rn.

I swear I remember saying some things about Jeanie and Kobe's agent a few weeks ago.

Boy was I ridiculed those days......

6/70, but rumors were pretty out there about some mega 100 number...... :frown:

And now we bout to get clowned HARD, as the Celtics raise another banner. Absolutely infuriating being ran this way. :frown:

We used to be a serious franchise. Used to be......

i think if they were really serious then that offer wouldve been closer to that 100m that was leaked
but also maybe they didn't want to offer that much in that if it doesnt work out the next candidate in line doesnt get overpaid lol

Top 6 I think I read (Woj I think)
Gotcha.

I think in terms of the market for NBA coaches that’s probably a good offer for someone with no experience. But at the same time I guess compared to NCAA coaches that’s not enough to really move the needle.

Difference is in NCAA coaches ARE the stars and we know that’s not the case in the pros.

Less than Monty Williams deal btw.

If you make the offer it was going to need to be double for similar years. Then if he says no, it’s not embarrassing. It’s a “look we offered the guy $15+ mil a year. He said no. It didn’t matter what we offered. He’s building a legacy at UCONN.”

But to float JJ for a month. Then treat Hurly like Sting coming down from the rafters unexpectedly. Just to offer him an extra $2mil a year is a huge embarrassing move.

Embarrassing for Rob, Jeanie, the Lakers and JJ Redick too.

Anyways, back to fake trades lol.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-10-2024_11-43-06AM.png

Doesn’t work. They’re not factoring in Cam Thomas and Sharpe’s option being picked up. Or Claxton getting a deal.

Nets don’t functionally have any cap space. And best case if Claxton signs elsewhere it’s <$5mil.

One last thing and I’m done w/ this Hurley situation.

So the last couple seasons I’ve been hearing just how incompetent Ham was yet the team was able to get to the WCF one year and play another very competitive series against the defending champs in another. Well if this is true then the team should automatically much improved with let’s say even just an average coach.

Why are “we” so stressed out over this news? Hire the next schmuck and let’s get on with the offseason 😂

Doesn’t work. They’re not factoring in Cam Thomas and Sharpe’s option being picked up. Or Claxton getting a deal.

Nets don’t functionally have any cap space. And best case if Claxton signs elsewhere it’s <$5mil.
They have a $20M trade exception.

They have a $20M trade exception.

Ah. Forgot about it.

Don’t see them going into the tax to add DLo (or anybody for that matter) if they keep Claxton.

Smaller contract possibly to avoid the tax.

What’s more likely they would want to move a contract out instead, to allow using the exception without hitting any tax.

Back
Top Bottom